What's new

Bangladesh to import 250 MWh power/day from India.

Its a good news.... and Please ignore those people complain anything good happens between india and pakistan ( "Unke dimak mein Chemical Locha " huva hein)....

Now if due to internal transmission issues the voltage is low they'll probably say ' India is supplying weak current "!

But still its something. Imagine what it will mean for few who may get benefit from it. If it helps, BD can ask for more.

Ask?we are bloody well paying for it.witch our insane gov: has done.

Please ignore this kind of ignorant crap from ignorant person.I'm sure not all Indians this sick in the head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you expect to get it for free ?

Welcome to the real world.

We are in the real world from 1974 when making farakka India completly destroyed our chance of hydro power plant.jokes aside if u do not have something constructive to say(witch by turn will solve the problems our 2 country share)please mums the word.

Good move India. Support BD to become a strong economy. Then we will have Indian-Subcontinent union, like EU. India-BD-Nepal-Bhutan.. Unified currency Unified vision.. Together we can..

If all 4 country will become equally developed, there will be VISA free movement. (Like Europe)..

I can see some a$$ burning here... Look like some one feel insecure @ indo-BD relation..

Unified currency after seeing Eurozone crisis.:no::no::no:

I would say yes to point out that we have got a corrupt government like BD, but we are not going to import power from India. What you heard was just a rumour. The only imports we have are from Iran (border).

Still i would say we are not that bad as BD.

At least we have built dams, one of which, the Tarbela Dam, is considered to be 2nd largest in the world. It has a maximum capacity of 4200 MW.

Moreover, we just recently built our very first Wind Farm in Jamsharo Sind.

We have tremendous potential. According to many reports, Baluchistan is one of the best areas in the world for Solar Energy. Also, i'm sure you may have heard about the Thar Coal. Really, i would tell you that next government will definitely do something. There is too much pressure from people and from our media.

You are talking as if there would be no increase in power requirement of pakistan???????

This could happen only if economy of pakistan enters a territory of negative growth.

Tripura and NE survive on our goodwill. We have very kindly allowed transit Indians to transport their heavy machines for Patiala project, and thiis is the reason why Tripura is now able to build such a power plant. But, while Tripura is unable to consume such an amount of power, BD can. So, send us all the electricity produced there for BD use.

Transit agreement is 1.5 years old.I guess that Tripura and north east were surviving even before that.:coffee::coffee:

Bangladesh route is cheaper for India else Tripura is well connected by rail with Rest of India.Enough to carry heavy machinery.

Agartala Lumding MG Express/15696 Mail/Express Agartala/AGTL to Lumding/LMG Complete Train Route - India Rail Info - A Busy Junction for Travellers & Rail Enthusiasts

Lumding Agartala Rail Line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We are in the real world from 1974 when making farakka India completly destroyed our chance of hydro power plant.jokes aside if u do not have something constructive to say(witch by turn will solve the problems our 2 country share)please mums the word.

You people never have a serious shot at Hydro power,Average gradiant of Bangladesh is 1:11,400 (http://www.banglapedia.org/HT/R_0208.HTM).If you construct a large hydropower dam you will have to inundate a very lage area,much larger than probably any other country in the world.You are forgetting that during 1970 (Bhola cyclone),70% of your country was inundated which shows the extent of flatness of your country.

And BTW

Brahmaputra river system is much larger in volume than Ganga river system.Why don't you people dam that river.There are no major dam on Brahmaputra on Indian side.

Stupid Indian, do not just teach me as if I am the most ignorant and you are the most benevolent. Read my post and tell me what is wrong with my assumptions. You have a comprehension problem of english as well as technical matters. I have put forward a very simple mathematical assumption. If a power plant's production capacity is 25 MW (assume its efficiency is 100%), and if this power is consumed for 10 hours/day, it is obvious that the consumption will be 250MWh/day, and this is what the newspapers are saying. Read the title for your homework and do not come with your Joules, Horsepower and the likes.

Do not you understand this simple math? Note, this much of quantity cannot even light the bulbs of a small village in BD. But, this is what your miser and poor India will be selling to our country. Now, if it is too large a quantity, better save it for yourself. I have another proposition. Let BD buy this power and pay back some of the debts incurred by India's farmers to the big-bellied Baniyas. It will stop many suicides there. Bloody miser Indians!!!!

Try reading the unit. You are confusing Megawatt hour and Megawatt which are two bloody different things. All you know to do is blabber like a dumb cat.

MW is how much energy is consumed in specific amount of time. MWh is energy, not an amount of energy used in an amount of time. Try and get an education before speaking.

How many Megawatts are used depends on how much BD uses per hours, and that does not matter, since that doesn't change the fact that India is exporting 250 MWh of energy, while BD uses it at whatever rate is comfortable (changing the value for the Megawatts [rate of consumption of energy])

Ok, lets assume you are right, that our intentions are bad.....then why are you guys asking for more power???

I think it is time for your mental checkup......

It is because we did India a favour by allowing a temporary transit of big machines over our land, sea and rivers to Tripura power station in Tapiala/Patiala. You should pay us back that favour by selling at least half of the production there, its installed capacity being 500MW or something nearly. But, the Chief Minister Manik Sarker of Tripura told the Press the other day that the Union Govt is not heeding to his request, although it had promised so before BD alloowed transit. So, if this is Indian attitude, then why blame us when we complain about it. Indians are an ungrateful bunch of idiots living on this Earth who are devoid of niceties.

It is because we did India a favour by allowing a temporary transit of big machines over our land, sea and rivers to Tripura power station in Tapiala/Patiala. You should pay us back that favour by selling at least half of the production there, its installed capacity being 500MW or something nearly. But, the Chief Minister Manik Sarker of Tripura told the Press the other day that the Union Govt is not heeding to his request, although it had promised so before BD alloowed transit. So, if this is Indian attitude, then why blame us when we complain about it. Indians are an ungrateful bunch of idiots living on this Earth who are devoid of niceties.

The plant would cater to the need of power deficit areas of the northeast. Assam, Mizoram, Meghalaya and Manipur have already agreed to buy power from Palatana while Bangladesh is pursuing to procure at least 100 MW. The Tripura government has expressed interest to sell power to the neighbouring country, but the Centre is yet to give the go ahead in this regard.

"The Over-Dimensional Cargo (ODC) loads have come through Bangladesh waterways, which was not thought of in the project formulation phase, but now everything is in order and production would begin soon," officials added.

Besides the 196 MW power to be allocated for Tripura from Palatana, Assam will get 240 MW, Meghalaya 79 MW, Manipur 42 MW, Nagaland 27 MW, Mizoram 22 MW and the remaining 96 MW of power will be sold in the open market.

Power generation from Palatana soon - Times Of India

Palatana power station in Tripura has excess capacity of 100MW which is available for purchase at market price.

So, instead of talking about a paltry 250 MWh/day electricity to BD, India should soon decide on the supply mechanism of huge electricity, say, 1000MWh/day, from Palatana to BD. I believe the GoB is already in negotiation with Delhi about this.

Facts which cant be changed till eternity:
-- India n Bangladesh will always be neighbors, unless someone loses existence (we can fairly assume who that will be).
-- Bangladesh shall receive India's help (this is not for eternity, considering BD's leaps and bounds in their financial muscle)
-- Indians will never stop highlighting their generosity.
-- Bangladeshis will never stop undermining the generosity (however small/big)

Note: Inferiority complex has no cure, till development paves way for equality

at topic: whatever u guys get 250 or 25 MWh, u have always the option to back out of the agreement. i m sure that amount would be more than Godly for the power starved poor masses of INdia.

EzioAltaïr;3942075 said:
You can't directly convert between MW and MWh. MW is unit of power, and MWh is a unit of energy.

250 MWh does not 25 Megawatts/hour. It means that in 1 hour, it uses energy at the rate of of 250 megawatts. Again, Megawatt is a unit of power (rate of energy consumption) and Megawatt hour is a unit of energy (how much energy will be used if bangladesh imports 250 MW of energy every hour), Bangladesh is using roughly 250 x 3.6 x 10^9 joules of energy.

Try researching a bit instead of acting like a smartass and looking like a dumbass.

OMG for once I agree with that Bangaldeshi guy. 250 MWh energy per day is

250MW hour /day = 250 MW hour /24 hours = 10.4 MW of power.

So its like exporting 10 MW something of power thats it. Dont get impressed by 250MWh figure lol

@Death Rattle: I have nothing against this deal, but why did you modify MWh to MW in the thread title? MWh is a unit of energy whereas MW is a unit of power. As Eastwatch said, 25 MW for 10 hours a day is 250 MWh. Just letting you guys know, so that @Rocky25, KRAIT & co can stop whining and realize we're not stealing all that much. Oh wait, we're not stealing at all - we're paying for it guys!

You don't understand the sarcasm....do you? You pay for the power... no questions about that! No one is blaming Bangladesh for that! It is within India many states are reeling under severe power crisis! I don't understand how can a country export power when its own citizens are left in the dark!

Last edited by a moderator:
Little is better than nothing.

50mw during working hours would come in handy
For many factory owners.

Hopefully this amount can be increased in future
to hundreds of MWs.

You are right, something is better than nothing but if something is from those party who doing well is quite small then doing harm. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom