What's new

Bangladesh wants to sign CEPA with India in a year

Tom-tom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

The gov of India are liars and cheaters can they be trusted?

The Indians have finally realised that it is in their interests to have free trade with BD. Also threats of economic sanctions from BD have made them realise that unfair tariffs and restrictions on BD products have to go.

This year exports from BD are likely to hit 2 billion US dollars and this is more than any country than some Western countries like US, Germany and UK.

Modi may be a fanatic but he knows that trading with BD is in India's interests at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Bangladesh cannot have free trade agreements with Indonesia and India at the same time. Indonesia is part of the RCEP. India refused to sign the RECP

Last edited:
Bangladesh cannot have free trade agreements with Indonesia and India at the same time. Indonesia is part of the RCEP. India refused to sign the RECP

LOL What logic is it ? It is billateral cooperation while RCEP is regional one

The truth is Indonesia will have preferred trade deal with both BD and India. It is on progress and expected to be concluded this year.

LOL What logic is it ? It is billateral cooperation while RCEP is regional one

The truth is Indonesia will have preferred trade deal with both BD and India. It is on progress and expected to be concluded this year.

Now I am more than 100% sure "Swami Nathan" is Sanghi Indian. Look at the convoluted logic.... o_O

Last edited:
The Indians have finally realised that it is in their interests to have free trade with BD. Also threats of economic sanctions from BD have made them realise that unfair tariffs and restrictions on BD products have to go.

This year exports from BD are likely to hit 2 billion US dollars and this is more than any country than some Western countries like US, Germany and UK.

Modi may be a fanatic but he knows that trading with BD is in India's interests at the end of the day.

FTA with India will be bad.

FTA with India will be bad.

I initially thought so too.

But the two way FTA will actually help Bangladesh I think with reducing tariff. India already is flooding our market with cheap goods in any case, even without an FTA. Borders are too porous....

I wonder if they can still impose NTB's on our exports to India while having an FTA with us.

Bhai $2 Billion is peanuts.

India makes more or less $50 Billion in various ways in Bangladeshi market every year. This includes medical and regular tourism as well.

I initially thought so too.

But the two way FTA will actually help Bangladesh I think with reducing tariff. India already is flooding our market with cheap goods in any case, even without an FTA. Borders are too porous....

I wonder if they can still impose NTB's on our exports to India while having an FTA with us.

India makes more or less $50 Billion in various ways in Bangladeshi market every year. This includes medical and regular tourism as well.

India and Bangladesh do not produce any high end stuff. If we have an FTA deal with them they will send their products into our country that we have a potential to produce in the near future. Those industries then will never flourish.

I am for FTA with advanced countries like USA, Europe and China. Under FTA they for example can sell us aeroplane which we don't produce and no hope of producing in the near future, we will import them anyway, but the FTA will in return allow our products to enter their markets without issues. The same arrangement doesn't work with countries that are not industrially advanced.

What the heck are you smoking man.

What are you on is the better question?

BD has openly threatened economic sanctions on India if it did not open its markets up in a fair manner.

Since BD imports far more from India then the other way round, India capitulated and that is why imports from BD are going up 20-30% per annum.

2 billion US dollars a year growing at 20-30% a year will not be peanuts for too long.

Also remember that India is the gateway to cheap and clean hydroelectric power from Nepal and Bhutan

Also remember that India is the gateway to cheap and clean hydroelectric power from Nepal and Bhutan

India will not share their green electricity power to BD, they wants to replace their coal power plants as soon as it can with renewable energy since they have become second largest coal importer in the world and coal price will likely to stay at 300 USD per ton for long time

India will not share their green electricity power to BD, they wants to replace their coal power plants as soon as it can with renewable energy since they have become second largest coal importer in the world and coal price will likely to stay at 300 USD per ton for long time

BD already arranged for 700MW of hudroelectric power from Nepal via Indian transit and studying 5 sites where BD will pay for hydroelectric power stations to be built.

India benefits as it gets transit payments for the power.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom