What's new

Bangladesh: Why is ‘ally’ US undermining India in its backyard?

Whatever reason. If AL loses next election, there wont be many AL politician left in BD.

BD Politics 101
They are actually already politically inactive! Other than kaua Quader, almost all ministers ( who always rant publicly) aren't political personality!

Basically administration and police is holding the Govt now.

So actually GoB is BAL Govt in paper only!

However I wish BAL people won't he physically attacked by others if they fall!

Because such act will only make way for another dictatorship in future!

Tolerance and compromise in some extent is actually the key to survive as a successful nation, and as soon as our policy makers will understand it , it's good for our nation!

India is not a factor.

Main players are china and USA. Without china bd can’t develop and without west bd don’t have export market.

Not an easy situation.
@mmr , I hear ( from some expert talk show) that , in Bangladesh issue , India is already neutralized by USA, so India won't dare to interfere anymore!

Besides, Cambodian dictator already stepped down! That's a huge practical threat to GoB!

Now they even can't say that Uzra Zeya didn't call for inclusive election, rather they want a free and fair election (!) , and if BNP try to go against it , visa sanction will be imposed on BNP! LMAO!

Now even BAL propaganda machine is trapped , after Hun Sen stepped down! 😎

Last edited:
Tolerance and compromise in some extent is actually the key to survive as a successful nation, and as soon as our policy makers will understand it , it's good for our nation!
Our politicians are not tolerant and they hate to compromise. If the next election is not free and fair, I am afraid the army will take over.

It is because the democratic institutions in Bangladesh is very weak or non-existent. So both ruling party and oppositions look to external players to ascend to power. Bangladesh's politics is such a mess and vengeful that whoever win a election dedicate state power to only one goal, to cling on power and vanquish the opposition. Personal and family enmity between two party dynasty is the main reason, as well as alternate version of history. Awami League is more to blame here. BNP was less experienced and less shrewed in vengeful politics, could not use state mechinary as maticulously as AL to destroy the oppositions when they were in power. Result is that AL in power for 15 years while BNP suffering the consequence. Awami League is a political party at the vanity bag of a lady who has a life long trauma. One can not expect any better from a woman who bear life long trauma leading a country.
That's why we need an interim Govt based on national consensus, and external intervation is necessary for it!

I think that another 1/11 will take place , and this time with American back up, hence no one will question against it, in future!

But in order to clean the BAL rubbish from administration and police, we need such Govt for 5 to 10 years!

Our politicians are not tolerant and they hate to compromise. If the next election is not free and fair, I am afraid the army will take over.
Yes , but with American back up they will forced to do! ! Baghe ar mohishe ek ghaate pani khabe re vai, BNP , BAL egula to nossi!

And you don't have to be afraid! Military takeover ( backed by USA) is way way better than the Hindutva backed BAL regime!

And then I wish Dr Younus will be the head of the interim govt on national consensus!

And others like Reza Kibria may be the finance Minister, and some others like barrister Mainul Hossen can hold a ministry as well!

And others maybe from different parties ( including BAL)!

If you minus the two family ( specially two women) , I don't thing any enmity between BNP and BAL exist!

The real problem is , Bangladeshi women aren't capable of leading a nation, they are better in kitchen and raising kids,do household chores! And yes at best they are doing job and supporting the family, I appreciate this!

But when it comes to leading a nation ,they can't do it.

We are witnessing it from 1991!

@saif

Last edited:

Yes. We all know that.
Except the donkeys that we call BD politicians. Most of them arent even eduacted. Basically petty goons and charlatans who have no idea how to build a good society. 90% of them have murdered bunch of people in order to get to power. Power which they only seek in order to steal money from the public.

It says itself, we cannot expect these guys to act classy and accept a election win or loss in a decent respectful manner like in the West.

Now they even can't say that Uzra Zeya didn't call for inclusive election, rather they want a free and fair election (!) , and if BNP try to go against it , visa sanction will be imposed on BNP! LMAO!

The US in reality does not care if there are free and fair election.

What the US want is a stronger foothold in Bangladesh and Bay of Bengal. The US want direct involvement and not by proxy through India, as it used to.

Hasina government has been reluctant to escalate the Rohingya crisis with Myanamar. It has to do with both Indian and Chinese influence in BD. Both India and China supported Myanmar, thereby locking US out of the Bay of Bengal strategically.

Yes. We all know that.
Except the donkeys that we call BD politicians. Most of them arent even eduacted. Basically petty goons and charlatans who have no idea how to build a good society. 90% of them have murdered bunch of people in order to get to power. Power which they only seek in order to steal money from the public.

It says itself, we cannot expect these guys to act classy and accept a election win or loss in a decent respectful manner like in the West.
Tar poreo mairer upor oshudh nai! Dorkar hole sobaike remove kora hobe. Gentlemen should start politics like old days!

The US in reality does not care if there are free and fair election.
They don't care , I know! But dictators always lean towards China , and that's why USA want to throw Hasina out!

What the US want is a stronger foothold in Bangladesh and Bay of Bengal. The US want direct involvement and not by proxy through India, as it used to.
Agree

Hasina government has been reluctant to escalate the Rohingya crisis with Myanamar. It has to do with both Indian and Chinese influence in BD. Both India and China supported Myanmar, thereby locking US out of the Bay of Bengal strategically.
No disagreement! Completely agree!

However whatever is the reason, we need freedom from Hindutva hegemony, so everything from America is more than welcome!

Last edited:
They are actually already politically inactive! Other than kaua Quader, almost all ministers ( who always rant publicly) aren't political personality!

Basically administration and police is holding the Govt now.

So actually GoB is BAL Govt in paper only!

However I wish BAL people won't he physically attacked by others if they fall!

Because such act will only make way for another dictatorship in future!

Most of the MPs and Ministers are basically crass opportunist low-class uneducated businesspeople. The sooner they exit political activity, the better it is for the country.

Most of the MPs and Ministers are basically crass opportunist low-class uneducated businesspeople. The sooner they exit political activity, the better it is for the country.
Agree @Bilal9 bhai! Asole bhodro ar educated family background theke politicians asar way Kore deya lagbe amader! Na hole amader mukti nai.

Sher e Bangla, sohrawardi , bhasani era kintu amader deshei jonmo niyechilen.

Amader sei culture abar firiye ana lagbe!

However whatever is the reason, we need freedom from Hindutva hegemony, so everything from America is more than welcome

With American protection, BD may finally fully bloom as a strong bengali nation.

Of the major issues with US is first and foremost its lack of capacity to finance large scale projects in BD.

Number two, none of US or its Allies can provide the cheap chinese goods thats been single most important reason for increasing living standards.

Finally, the US is known to push for LGBT and atheist movements in all countries under its wings.

With American protection, BD may finally fully bloom as a strong bengali nation.

Of the major issues with US is first and foremost its lack of capacity to finance large scale projects in BD.

Number two, none of US or its Allies can provide the cheap chinese goods thats been single most important reason for increasing living standards.

Finally, the US is known to push for LGBT and atheist movements in all countries under its wings.

Yeah those are the three large negatives.

But we have to realize - money is the root of all development.

US and EU are our marketplace to sell stuff. Can't mess with that. They pay for running our economy.

You can always buy things from China with money.

That's why we need an interim Govt based on national consensus, and external intervation is necessary for it!

I think that another 1/11 will take place , and this time with American back up, hence no one will question against it, in future!

But in order to clean the BAL rubbish from administration and police, we need such Govt for 5 to 10 years!
Your idea is good but India is a member of quad which has been raised to contain China. So, if a US backed interim govt. is formed in Bangladesh I think the US may pressure the interim govt. to look after Indian interest too. And that's a bad news.
And you don't have to be afraid! Military takeover ( backed by USA) is way way better than the Hindutva backed BAL regime!
Agreed.
And then I wish Dr Younus will be the head of the interim govt on national consensus!
He is good but he is a proponent of Indian Union like European Union. I don't fully trust him.
And others like Reza Kibria may be the finance Minister, and some others like barrister Mainul Hossen can hold a ministry as well!
Reza Kibria is an educated man. He is eligible for finance minister's post.
If you minus the two family ( specially two women) , I don't thing any enmity between BNP and BAL exist!
If we minus these two ladies then who will lead their respective parties? Tareq and Joy? Both are corrupt and incapable of leading their respective parties and the nation.

Your idea is good but India is a member of quad which has been raised to contain China. So, if a US backed interim govt. is formed in Bangladesh I think the US may pressure the interim govt. to look after Indian interest too. And that's a bad news.
Life isn't completely free of risk brother! But now I want to remove the immediate threat Mongols ( current GoB) , and yes we may not be completely free from such thing due to our geopolitical location!

But you see both China and India are supporting Hasina!

There are no final word in politics!

So we should hope for the best, and prepare for the worst! But in forseable future, I don't see USA is seeing Bangladesh with Indian lense again!

If they do so , their hegemony will be under challenge, as India herself wants to be super power , and will not allow USA fleet to the area!

So now Bangladesh is only viable option for USA to watch over China!

If we minus these two ladies then who will lead their respective parties? Tareq and Joy? Both are corrupt and incapable of leading their respective parties and the nation.
Even if we don't minus them , still both of them will die , both are very old!

So I want freedom from family dynasty! But TBH, I don't know how!

BNP became a big party after winning 1991 election!

Maybe new parties will form in longer time of interim government!

Actually after VP Nur issue, I lost my faith on political reality in Bangladesh!

Last edited:
Life isn't completely free of risk brother! But now I want to remove the immediate threat Mongols ( current GoB) , and yes we may not be completely free from such thing due to our geopolitical location!

But you see both China and India are supporting Hasina!

There are no final word in politics!

So we should hope for the best, and prepare for the worst! But in forseable future, I don't see USA is seeing Bangladesh with Indian lense again!

If they do so , their hegemony will be under challenge, as India herself wants to be super power , and will not allow USA fleet to the area!

So now Bangladesh is only viable option for USA to watch over China!

Even if we don't minus them , still both of them will die , both are very old!

So I want freedom from family dynasty! But TBH, I don't know how!

BNP became a big party after winning 1991 election!

Maybe new parties will form in longer time of interim government!

Actually after VP Nur issue, I lost my faith on political reality in Bangladesh!
I understand your point. We both want a Bangladesh free from Indian influence in our politics and military.:-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom