What's new

Bangladeshi Flag

kobiraaz

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I know this is a stupid thread. Secularist people may find it hilarious.

I love our Green And Red Flag. But It lacks a vital sign of our identity. Moon and Star.

Most of the Muslim countries have stars and moon/Islamic sign on their flag......

I know our flag was designed by a Hindu "Shib Narayan Das" ........ So its normal that he intentionally avoided moon or star and designed a sun.

I just want to know opinion of BD members.... what do you think????? :undecided:

this was designed by Shib Narayan Das.

800px-Flag_of_Bangladesh_%281971%29.svg.png

I think foundation of Bangladesh is Bengali ethnicity maybe that's the reason.

No it is not necessary to have moon and stars on flag. And your red colour on flag, what this represents

I think foundation of Bangladesh is Bengali ethnicity maybe that's the reason.

wrong! Its propaganda. Some people say our foundation is ethnicity or Secularism which is inaccurate. It was actually " Justice, freedom and democracy "

every color has significance in hinduism...no one has monopoly on any color..

No it is not necessary to have moon and stars on flag. And your red colour on flag, what this represents

well, Red represents blood. It also represents rising sun over green Bangladesh.....

Thank god, our beautiful Pakistan flag, where Bangladeshis want to steal moon and star, not really Muslim countries have this examples i.e Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Jordan, Libya etc.

I+LOVE+PAKISTAN.jpg

Turkey

tu-lgflag.gif

:cheers:

The green color has nothing to do with religion. The green represents the lushness of our forests, and the red represents the rising sun to signify revolution.

Countries like Kuwait, Jordan, Indonesia, Qatar, Bahrain, Egypt, Cameroon, Senegal, Saudi Arabia, Palestinian Territories, Brunei, etc do not have the moon and star. In fact, the moon and star was originally a pagan symbol and does not strictly identify Islam at all.

The Islamic flag is this:
af%7Dqaeda.gif

That is inscribed on the flag of Saudi Arabia.

You really lack relevant knowledge and history on your own religion :lol: Oh well, I don't blame you :)

boooo karachi and raptor.... Both of you are anti Bangladesh....So i am not taking your words seriously. Never seen any good words from you 2 On Bangladesh....

Following are the Flags of Muslims majority Nations:- Look at the maps of following countries without any Crescent/Star or other Islamic Symbol.:- Afghanistan, Bahrain, Brunei, Chad, Indonesia, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Kuwait,Palestine, Lebanon, Mali, Oman, Qatar, Tajikistan, Yeman, UAE

flags.gif

you dont need to stars or crescents to represent islam, anyways isnt Bangladesh secular so why would they change the flag

The green color has nothing to do with religion. The green represents the lushness of our forests, and the red represents the rising sun to signify revolution.

Countries like Kuwait, Jordan, Indonesia, Qatar, Bahrain, Egypt, Cameroon, Senegal, Saudi Arabia, Palestinian Territories, Brunei, etc do not have the moon and star. In fact, the moon and star was originally a pagan symbol and does not strictly identify Islam at all.

af%7Dqaeda.gif

You really lack relevant knowledge and history on your own religion :lol: Oh well, I don't blame you :)
طلع البدر علينا

ṭala‘a 'l-badru ‘alaynā
Oh the white moon rose over us

من ثنيات الوداع
min thaniyyāti 'l-wadā‘
From the valley of al-Wadā‘
وجب الشكر علينا
wajaba 'l-shukru ‘alaynā
And we owe it to show gratefulness

ما دعى لله داع
mā da‘ā li-l-lāhi dā‘
Where the call is to Allah.
أيها المبعوث فينا
’ayyuha 'l-mab‘ūthu fīnā
Oh you who were raised among us

جئت بالأمر المطاع
ji’ta bi-l-’amri 'l-muṭā‘
Coming with a word to be obeyed

جئت شرفت المدينة
ji’ta sharrafta 'l-madīnah
You have brought to this city nobleness

مرحبا يا خير داع
marḥaban yā khayra dā‘
Welcome best caller to God's way

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Guys i am not saying we must have moon. I was suggesting it whether you like it or not ...........

af%7Dqaeda.gif

Clearly, you are too young to understand in long history and weak knowledges. You should stop listening to some people says this and that.

Whyislam.org Forums: Where did Islam obtain its symbol of the crescent

:lol:

So the claims of some that a pagan moon god was named Allah in Mecca has nothing to do with Islam. This claim is baseless? It is just a coincidence. Correct? The crescent moon symbolism just depended on the geography of the time of where folks lived due to the ottoman empire.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom