What's new

Bangladesh’s Identity Crisis: To Be or Not to Be Secular

Saying all this while living in Canada
Muslims become ultra religious only in a kafir country enjoying their secularism to build mosque and madrasas but teach hate against the very secular principles that allowed them to build religious structures in the first place.

Try building a temple or church in Pakistan or Afghanistan etc. and you will know what I mean.
Two faced people indeed..!

“Whoever wishes for the quick-passing (transitory enjoyment of this world), We readily grant him what We will for whom We like. Then, afterwards, We have appointed for him Hell, he will burn therein disgraced and rejected, ( far away from Allah’s Mercy)”

[al-Isra’ 17:18]

We as Muslims aren’t concerned with this world. In this world kaffirs will always be doing good.
Secularism is kuffar and if keeping our country Islamic means being “backwards” than that’s fine to us!

Read full Quran don’t pick verses out to support your narrative only.
Secularism is kuffar
Don't worry. Secularism does not prohibit people from spending their precious time on the prayer mats. So, what is your point?

You have made your own country uninhabitable by your idiotic ideas and you have now run away to a western secular country where Christians do not object to your praying if others are not disturbed.

But why do you have to live in such a country where the air is filled with the smell of pork meats and alcohol. All are haram, even the money there. So, why do not you come back to your non-secular country?

However, ask any of your countryman, they will opt for going to that pigland called Canada.

Last edited:
Don't worry. Secularism does not prohibit people from spending their precious time on the prayer mats. So, what is your point?

You have made your own country uninhabitable by your idiotic ideas and you have now run away to a western secular country where Christians do not object to your praying without disturbing others.

Why do you have to live in such a country where the air is filled with the smell of pork meats and alcohol. All are haram, even the money there. So, why do not you come back to your non-secular country?

However, ask any of your countryman, they will opt for going to that pigland called Canada.
Unimaginable hypocrisy there. We have our fair share of such Western mullahs.
Everything in the West is built using haram money. A lot of taxes are generated from pork, alcohol, gambling, entertainment, etc.
These people want their homelands to remain backward medieval hellholes while they enjoy the fruits of secular West.

It's very important for the ones in charge to remain neutral, secularism gives your people freedom to be religious or not be religious and anything in between when applied CORRECTLY. It makes it a non issue so you can focus on more important tasks such as a cohesive society, wealth, industry, output.

Muslims become ultra religious only in a kafir country enjoying their secularism to build mosque and madrasas but teach hate against the very secular principles that allowed them to build religious structures in the first place.

Try building a temple or church in Pakistan or Afghanistan etc. and you will know what I mean.
Two faced people indeed..!

You are painting with too broad a brush. "Muslims" as a group don't belong to your narrow description, your are describing culture-specific and area-specific things based on hate for Muslims. Also cherry picking the worst of the worst.

There are many places of non-Muslim worship in Islamic countries - I describe some in Bangladesh below. @Indos brother can probably tell you about many in Indonesia, especially Bali. Don't spread fake information which counts as propaganda.

Chandranath Temple– This Hindu temple in Bangladesh is located on top of the Chandranath hill. It is a famous Shakti Peeth located near Sitakunda in Bangladesh. As per Hindu sacred texts, the right arm of Goddess Sati fell here. Sitakunda Chandranath Temple is a holy place of pilgrimage. Renovated a few years ago.

Chandranath-Temple-Bangladesh-Shakti-Peeth.jpg

ISKCON is on a building spree. This was built a few years ago
iu

15th-16th century temples are also preserved.

Kantaji Temple, Dinajpur
iu

Kantaji_Temple_Dinajpur_Bangladesh_%252825%2529.JPG

Bhubaneshwar Shaivite Puthia Temple Complex, Rajshahi
complesso-del-tempio-di-puthia-28854061.jpg

It's like saying your neighbor is trying to set you on fire, why don't you stop him
I don't think BD treating minorities as second class citizens helps in anyway. It only gives the likes of India licence for anti-BD actions.

I don't think BD treating minorities as second class citizens helps in anyway. It only gives the likes of India licence for anti-BD actions.

They are not waiting for a licence, being blind to reality dosent help you in any way

How does shooting myself in the foot help?

No one is asking you to shoot yourself in the foot

Just have the gun ready when the enemies around you are preparing

Your sitting their singing Kumb-ba-ya, thinking the hindutva and Buddhist extremists won't hurt you

It is like saying, "Your neighbour is on fire. Why don't you too set yourself on fire?"
i think its more like , my neighbour(s) house is on fire if they don't extinguish it , only a matter of time before....
(the indians have set their own house on fire.)

secularism means different thing in different countries, Turkey is one the most secular nations on earth (more secular than some european countries dare i say). Despite what ertugul and what sultan Erdogan and his foreign fans on pdf like to portray/think.
1639074173766.png

Ataturk's interpretation

compared to

BD's interpretation @Atlas

1639074216894.png

very, very different interpretations ( Kemal Ataturk's views i do not and cannot endorse)

interestingly, in an interview he says he is inspired by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, Vladimir Lenin , Mao Zeodong , Soekarno , AK Fazlul Haq, HS Suhrawardy. (imagine the conversation these men would have if they sat on the same table)

Islam is integral part of BD which is why we are seperate from waste bengal. BB and his mentors (AK Fazlul Haq, HS Suhrawardy) understood this.
Unfortunately there are not many Muslim countries BD can learn from as we are already ahead of most. We need to tailor our own path and move forward.
Indonesians are doing fine

Last edited:
secularism means different thing in different countries, Turkey is one the most secular nations on earth (more secular than some european countries dare i say). Despite what ertugul and what sultan Erdogan and his foreign fans on pdf like to portray/think.
View attachment 799966
Ataturk's interpretation

compared to

BD's interpretation @Atlas

View attachment 799967

very, very different interpretations ( Kemal Ataturk's views i do not and cannot endorse)

interestingly, in an interview he says he is inspired by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, Vladimir Lenin , Mao Zeodong , Soekarno , AK Fazlul Haq, HS Suhrawardy. (imagine the conversation these men would have if they sat on the same table)

Islam is integral part of BD which is why we are seperate from waste bengal. BB and his mentors (AK Fazlul Haq, HS Suhrawardy) understood this.

Indonesians are doing fine

The separation of religion and state affairs in Turkish-Islamic culture dates back much earlier than Atatürk. From the perspective of political history, this is the basis of the fact that the Turks were able to establish regional dominance even in foreign geographies for theirself.

There is a post-traditionalist perspective that sees secularism as a western term and political order, which in my opinion is a very wrong interpretation.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom