What's new

Bangladesh's Janata Bank wins the "World's Best Bank - 2009" award

bd_4_ever

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Janata Bank wins NY magazine award

Janata Bank Limited has recently won the 'World's Best Bank-2009' award by Global Finance, a New York-based magazine. The magazine has announced the award among the best banks of 123 countries in the world.

Janata Bank, being the fourth in Asia and the only bank of Bangladesh, has achieved this prestigious award.

Depending on 11 important indices based on achieved growth and abstract amelioration, the jury board of 'Global Finance' has awarded this prize.

Among the indices growth in assets, profitability, geographic reach, strategic relationships, new business development and product innovation, opinions of equity, credit rating analysis and banking consultants are mention-worthy.

Earlier, the bank won The Bankers Award, Asian Banking Award, the release added.

Last edited:

Janata Bank Limited has recently won the 'World's Best Bank-2009' award by Global Finance, a New York-based magazine. The magazine has announced the award among the best banks of 123 countries in the world.

Janata Bank, being the fourth in Asia and the only bank of Bangladesh, has achieved this prestigious award.

Depending on 11 important indices based on achieved growth and abstract amelioration, the jury board of 'Global Finance' has awarded this prize.

Among the indices growth in assets, profitability, geographic reach, strategic relationships, new business development and product innovation, opinions of equity, credit rating analysis and banking consultants are mention-worthy.

Earlier, the bank won The Bankers Award, Asian Banking Award, the release added.

good one congrats

Very good indeed. I will open an account with them soon. I usually avoid state entity for their low level of service. :coffee:

Some award that Janata Bank won

* Best Bank-Bangladesh 2008 by Global Finance" magazine
* Best Bank-Bangladesh 2007 by Global Finance magazine
* Best Bank-Bangladesh 2006 by Global Finance magazine
* Asian Banking Awards 2005 by Asian Bankers Association (ABA)
* Asian Banking Awards 2004 by Asian Bankers Association (ABA)
* The bank of the year 2004 in Bangladesh by the London based financial magazine The Banker of the Financial Times Group.
* The bank of the year 2003 in Bangladesh by the London based financial magazine The Banker of the Financial Times Group.
* The bank of the year 2002 in Bangladesh by the London based financial magazine The Banker of the Financial Times Group.
* The bank of the year 2001 in Bangladesh by the London based financial magazine The Banker of the Financial Times Group.

^^^
I guess its the first global award they received....

Cheers!!!

Very good indeed. I will open an account with them soon. I usually avoid state entity for their low level of service. :coffee:

Bro, you wont regret....my dad has been in service with Janata Bank for 23 years now....he was even the manager for UAE operations for 4 years....

Apart from all the criticisms, all i can say is this bank does run well....i have seen it....

Cheers!!!

Hey Mate

This is mis-leading subject you have there! .... Maybe the FinancialExpress portal is to blame... Not sure why they would promote a year old award (when already the 2010 award are out)

Janata Bank was awarded the "Best Emerging Markets Bank" for Bangladesh region in 2009. Same year HDFC won the same award for India. So .. this are country specific award that Janta has won. I guess this year it was AB Bank from BD.... Again HDFC won for India.

So maybe you would like to change the subject line now.

Regards

Stumper.

Hey Mate

This is mis-leading subject you have there! .... Maybe the FinancialExpress portal is to blame... Not sure why they would promote a year old award (when already the 2010 award are out)

Janata Bank was awarded the "Best Emerging Markets Bank" for Bangladesh region in 2009. Same year HDFC won the same award for India. So .. this are country specific award that Janta has won. I guess this year it was AB Bank from BD.... Again HDFC won for India.

Regards

Stumper.

Where is the alternative source?? Any link ?

Hey Mate

Regards

Stumper.

I am not sure why FinancialExpress would post a old news and hence was the reason behind me to make this thread....

I will try finding other sources....till then can you please post some links regarding what you said, that may help....

Cheers!!!

Btw, i found this....may be stumper is right....

BEST EMERGING MARKET BANKS ASIA 2010:- AB Bank of Bangladesh received this and India's HDFC along with banks of their respective nations....

2010 Best Emerging Market Banks in Asia | Global Finance

WORLD'S BEST ISLAMIC FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS 2010:- Islamic Bank Bangladesh got this in Bangladesh....

2010 World's Best Islamic Financial Institutions | Global Finance

Cheers!!!

Are you sure thats the same news? There is not Janata bank there and its 2010 award for some other category.

Wow! This Global Finance website is very informative! :woot: All kids of financial info is available on this website! Simply fantastic :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom