What's new

Bangladesh’s per capita income to increase by $233 by June, estimated to be $2,824: BBS

@Khan_21 you will just be called "Nilgiri" + "spam accounts" or whatever by some conspiracy theorist (maybe you already have been lol).

There was apparently an extended running gag on this subforum of bluesky = nilgiri running for some years too...then that all got 180'ed as well as the feelings required it later.

So I dunno why you particularly care (esp last word wise) with the calibre of some entrenched here.

I put the conspiracy theorists (and other paragons of "special" intellect) on ignore, its lot simpler that way.

By questioning international banks, journals, development organisations - IT IS YOU WHO ARE THE CONSPIRACY THEORISTS!

Take your own advice and put yourselves on mute/ignore!

By questioning international banks, journals, development organisations - IT IS YOU WHO ARE THE CONSPIRACY THEORISTS!

Take your own advice and put yourselves on mute/ignore!

He is a known troll @Nilgiri which has got a permanent ban. Creating new account one after another for trolling and spamming. Mods are banning all of them.

Again you are parroting same thing. BD has a booming middle class and many poor came out of poverty due to remittance money, activities of NGO and bringing woman to workforce by making them entrepreneurs and 3 million working at garments. All these collectively generate a huge economic activities which has made Bangladesh ahead of both Pakistan and India not only economy wise but also in terms on poverty reduction and woman empowerment.

Pakistan has significantly less amount of woman engagement in economy, higher poverty rate, less literacy and higher malnutrition beside less export and reserve amount which defines the state of economy.

It's okay bhai. We can develop our own way by making underwear and shirts, while they do it by exporting fighter jets. We may never get the globally acclaimed image Pakistan and its economy has, but I think the path Bangladesh is following is good enough.

It's okay bhai. We can develop our own way by making underwear and shirts, while they do it by exporting fighter jets. We may never get the globally acclaimed image Pakistan and its economy has, but I think the path Bangladesh is following is good enough.

Bangladesh is following bottom up approach. It has worked well so far but to go to the next level we need industrialization and knowledge based economy to diversify export busket there are no denying to it. Otherwise growth of Bangladesh may loose steam at some point and Bangladesh may fall into a middle income trap. This is the biggest challenge at the moment.

While saying so it seems the kiddo has no idea on economy. He only thinks GDP is defined by some fancy skyscrapers and by importing more cars.

He doesn’t know economic activities at the rural Bangladesh, collective contribution of the woman and spending of the booming middle class can generate a substantial economic activities as well which is added to the GDP.

Whole south Asian countries have one of the lowest per capita gdp at the world. It’s funny he is just parroting fudging data non stop instead of accepting reality and that is Bangladesh has moved past Pakistan long ahead and the gap will only increase over time.

Last edited:
Again you are parroting same thing. BD has a booming middle class and many poor came out of poverty due to remittance money, activities of NGO and bringing woman to workforce by making them entrepreneurs and 3 million working at garments. All these collectively generate a huge economic activities which has made Bangladesh ahead of both Pakistan and India not only economy wise but also in terms on poverty reduction and woman empowerment.

Pakistan has significantly less amount of woman engagement in economy, higher poverty rate, less literacy and higher malnutrition beside less export and reserve amount which defines the state of economy.

Pakistan has 200 million population where some fancy structures of certain areas of Pakistan doesn’t define or reflect entire reality of Pakistan.

Please check HDI data of both Pakistan and Bangladesh.

I can cite 100 indexes where PK is ahead. Like the corruption Index? Press Freedom Index?

Total labor unemployment is lower in PK.

% of population using basic sanitation is 68% in PK and 54% in BD.

Maternal mortality ratio is less in PK

% of population with child stunting under 5 is less in PK

You see how this can go? I can give literally 100-200 indexes here where PK is ahead.

Don’t worry Hasina sleeps tight every night when she sees the dollar reserves of our respective countries.

Knowing she will never need to go to IMF with a begging bowl!

I doubt it. People are doubting the figures she puts out and she has to come very month to increase it even more.

Why you are parroting same thing? They may have more apartment but they live in cramp or small spaces.

I also added they have a high GDP and saying that tried to make you understand cramp space doesn’t define GDP rather economic activities does.

Correct it doesn't. However there are is literally no construction boom in Dhaka as we speak. People with increasing money would need more apartments to live in. I don't see that happening. Hence my original point of data fudging since other indicators dont seem to match up.

I can cite 100 indexes where PK is ahead. Like the corruption Index? Press Freedom Index?

You see how this can go? I can give literally 100-200 indexes here where PK is ahead.

I doubt it. People are doubting the figures she puts out and she has to come very month to increase it even more.

Correct it doesn't. However there are is literally no construction boom in Dhaka as we speak. People with increasing money would need more apartments to live in. I don't see that happening. Hence my original point of data fudging since other indicators dont seem to match up.

It’s commendable if Pakistan is ahead of certain index and it is very much possible. But if you look at overall HDI Bangladesh is well ahead of Pakistan.

HDI Bangladesh - 0.632, Rank - 133

HDI Pakistan - 0.557, Rank - 154

That's grape.

lol Dhaka has no construction boom? If not how these 15 million plus people are living?

If you come to Dhaka you will see construction is going on everywhere.

Real estate in Dhaka is second or third most expensive in South Asia after Delhi and Mumbai.

lol Dhaka has no construction boom? If not how these 15 million plus people are living?

If you come to Dhaka you will see construction is going on everywhere.

Real estate in Dhaka is second or third most expensive in South Asia after Delhi and Mumbai.

How many 100m plus are under construction right now?

It’s commendable if Pakistan is ahead of certain index and it is very much possible. But if you look at overall HDI Bangladesh is well ahead of Pakistan.

HDI Bangladesh - 0.632, Rank - 133

HDI Pakistan - 0.557, Rank - 154

HDI does not even cover alot of aspects. It looks at 3 indexes , majority of the indices which matter alot and effect your quality of life PK is ahead.

How many 100m plus are under construction right now?

HDI does not even cover alot of aspects. It looks at 3 indexes , majority of the indices which matter alot and effect your quality of life PK is ahead.

Why do you think 100 meter plus tower only represent construction booms?

Due to soil constraints and proximity to airport there are a limit of 150 ft on most constructions. Though number of apartments are built which are taller than the limits.

In other words most constructions are within 50ft to 150 ft where former represent the private individual construction in most cases.

These are the list of commercial constructions of Dhaka. Not sure if it has included all the towers.

I see no point on arguing who is doing better pakistan vs Bangladesh. We are both at the bottom of gdp per capita charts. Where bangladesh is still dirt poor with less than $3k per capita, pakistan with less than $1500 assumably at no better place. Its like a slum dweller is arguing with a homeless who is 8jliving a posh life. Better we talk about where our countries will be in next 10- 20 years. Are you having progress or going back. We need to workout proper distribution of wealth in bangladesh and pakistan should look at why their economy is going backwords as how to tackle the eminent economic collapse of going bankrupt. Hope pakistan passes this critical time well. As a banker I can only say this dont take loans you cant service, if you already have then dare not default on it.

It will take pakistan some time to bring its gdp ratio down by paying back existing loans. This will seriously hamper its development but it is essential that pakistan look at long term sustainable growth rather than competing with india and bd now. Its a long race and you can catch up later with increasing your speed and Bangladesh is a prime example. But in short term it should focus on avoiding bankrupcy as this will take pakistan decades back.

Its evident that pakistan politicians have brought home way more white elephants with foreign loans compare to us. Cutting down spending on overambitious infrastructure with questinable economic returns need to be revised and bringing down debts should be a priority.

Trust me,No bangladeshi wants a failed pakistan though we have a history. A bankrupt pakistan will create a major imbalance of power in south asia. Hope that doesnt happen.

Bd is upgrading base year to 2015 from 2005 this July. That will make BD economy 480+ Billion USD and per capita GDP 2850+ USD.

Kiddo what I meant living in cramp space doesn’t define GDP rather total economic activities defines it.

But that can can improve growth rate not the size of economy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom