What's new

Barbaric Gujrat Massacre - The Truth Behind The Story

Again trying to score Brownie points using Gujrat! Shameless thugs!!

I think in communal riots of that scale there must be casualties on all fronts, not just Hindus, Muslims ..etc
There was conflicting verdicts on what had caused the fire inside of the train. But what had erupted afterwards was the most bloody and it ended up muslims were in much greater distress
The ertswhile government was accused of failing to protect the Muslim community and does the numbers showed more Muslims were killed; and Muslim Mosques destroyed?
Let me give you some information and then make your conclusion. Kindly see it from neutral POV:

1. Gujarat has 300 years of communal violence history. Pre and post independence. The riots used to go for weeks. Riots broke out due to incident like slaughter of a calf. There hasn't been any decade, Gujarat hadn't seen a riot except Modi era -2003-2013.

2. Various reasons for fire were put forward especially to malign Gujarat govt. All were proven wrong. It was the Muslim mob which acted on influence of some other party. We all know which.

3. Chief Minister asked police force from 4 neighboring states. None sent their police forces. All were governed by opposition party. Indian Army was busy in War Game.

4. Riots happened in riot parts too. But still the riots were controlled within 3 days.

5. Its the only riot in India were maximum no. of persons are convicted. Even a minister wasn't spared.

I can present more facts. If you look at bloody history of communal violence in India, even take Delhi riot were 3000 Sikhs were killed by party workers in National Capital which is supposed to be most safe city in our country, Gujarat riot was contained very fast.

Also I haven't mentioned the corrupt Police officers who had political affiliations with vested interest.

You will be shocked that in 2002 no mosque was brought down. Even today on going to Ahmedabad, when i pass that junction on way to my plant, I can see the mosque where maximum casualties occured. Only people were killed and houses burnt.

what you said is different from the description here:

There was widespread targeted destruction of shrines and mosques. The tomb of Malik Asin was bulldozed, theMuhafiz Khan Mosque was also destroyed. The tomb of the eighteenth century saint Wali Gujrati was leveled and paved over the following day by the council. It is estimated that 230 masjids and dargahs were destroyed during the violence.

2002 Gujarat violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let me give you some information and then make your conclusion. Kindly see it from neutral POV:

1. Gujarat has 300 years of communal violence history. Pre and post independence. The riots used to go for weeks. Riots broke out due to incident like slaughter of a calf. There hasn't been any decade, Gujarat hadn't seen a riot except Modi era -2003-2013.

2. Various reasons for fire were put forward especially to malign Gujarat govt. All were proven wrong. It was the Muslim mob which acted on influence of some other party. We all know which.

3. Chief Minister asked police force from 4 neighboring states. None sent their police forces. All were governed by opposition party. Indian Army was busy in War Game.

4. Riots happened in riot parts too. But still the riots were controlled within 3 days.

5. Its the only riot in India were maximum no. of persons are convicted. Even a minister wasn't spared.

I can present more facts. If you look at bloody history of communal violence in India, even take Delhi riot were 3000 Sikhs were killed by party workers in National Capital which is supposed to be most safe city in our country, Gujarat riot was contained very fast.

Also I haven't mentioned the corrupt Police officers who had political affiliations with vested interest.

some chilling scenarios were revealed here. Read the "Attacks on Muslims" section please.

Also it (above wikepedia quote) said the riot was controlled within 3 days but the ensuing violence was spread elsewhere:

The 2002 Gujarat violence, also known as the Gujarat pogrom[1][2][3] was a period of inter-communal violence in the Indian state of Gujarat which lasted for approximately three days. Following the initial incident there were further outbreaks of violence in Ahmedabad which lasted for approximately three weeks; statewide, there were further outbreaks of mass killings against the minority Muslim population that lasted about three months.

some chilling scenarios were revealed here. Read the "Attacks on Muslims" section please.

Also it (above wikepedia quote) said the riot was controlled within 3 days but the ensuing violence was spread elsewhere:
Well, i know these mosques you are talking bout. These mosques were definitely attacked but unlike babri mosque were not flattned. There were damages to to interiors and historic carvings. some tombs were destroyed but not complete mosques.

In other words, damages done were only during those hours of carnage but to destroy mosques completely, it has to be a well planned action with superior polictical support like in Babari case.

The point I am making that not all muslims in Gujarat suffered violence. It was just an area which unfortunately fell around extrimist hindu party concentrated areas. I dont affirm such kind of barbarian violence which our country have been facing past 1000 years from invaders of the west. I simply dont wanna paint everyone with same color. Just dont wanna generalize acts of Ahmedabad to whole gujarat and whole India.

Again Wikipedia as the source stating that the violence went on for 3 months - The supporting document quoted in Wikipedia is from the book Progrom in Gujarat by Parvis Ghassem-Fachandi. If only someone had read that book, they would have realized the 3 months time quoted is by some muslims in Gujarat and not by any authoritative sources.

Again Wikipedia as the source stating that the violence went on for 3 months - The supporting document quoted in Wikipedia is from the book Progrom in Gujarat by Parvis Ghassem-Fachandi. If only someone had read that book, they would have realized the 3 months time quoted is by some muslims in Gujarat and not by any authoritative sources.

Yeah that was what I've read the violence spilled over nation wide according to the above wikipedia quote

The 2002 Gujarat violence, also known as the Gujarat pogrom was a period of inter-communal violence in the Indian state of Gujarat which lasted for approximately three days. Following the initial incident there were further outbreaks of violence in Ahmedabad which lasted for approximately three weeks; statewide, there were further outbreaks of mass killings against the minority Muslim population that lasted about three months.

Well, i know these mosques you are talking bout. These mosques were definitely attacked but unlike babri mosque were not flattned. There were damages to to interiors and historic carvings. some tombs were destroyed but not complete mosques.

In other words, damages done were only during those hours of carnage but to destroy mosques completely, it has to be a well planned action with superior polictical support like in Babari case.

The point I am making that not all muslims in Gujarat suffered violence. It was just an area which unfortunately fell around extrimist hindu party concentrated areas. I dont affirm such kind of barbarian violence which our country have been facing past 1000 years from invaders of the west. I simply dont wanna paint everyone with same color. Just dont wanna generalize acts of Ahmedabad to whole gujarat and whole India.

I can feel there were deep gashes of pain for the communities, be they Muslims or Hindus or other people. I hope you guys are recovering from it.

Yeah that was what I've read the violence spilled over nation wide according to the above wikipedia quote

The violence did not spill anywhere else. The violence happened within Gujarat and that's that.

I can feel there were deep gashes of pain for the communities, be they Muslims or Hindus or other people. I hope you guys are recovering from it.
Time is the best medicine brother. :) . If your people are genuine and have pride for your country, you will rise from the ashes like a pheonix.

kutte ki doom kitni bhi seedhi kar lo, rahegi hamesha tedhi..Pakistanis are also like that,they are so scared of the myriad of problems within their backyard that they take solace from something that happened a decade ago in India.

Arundhati Roy in her article (Outlook magazine, May 6th, 2002) describes the event which precedes former Congress MP Ehsan Jaffri’s death:

… A mob surrounded the house of former Congress MP Iqbal Ehsan Jaffri. His phone calls to the Director-General of Police, the Police Commissioner, the Chief Secretary, the Additional Chief Secretary (Home) were ignored. The mobile police vans around his house did not intervene. The mob broke into the house. They stripped his daughters and burned them alive. Then they beheaded Ehsan Jaffri and dismembered him …

…….. Last night a friend from Baroda called. Weeping. It took her fifteen minutes to tell me what the matter was. It wasn’t very complicated. Only that Sayeeda, a friend of hers, had been caught by a mob. Only that her stomach had been ripped open and stuffed with burning rags. Only that after she died, someone carved ‘OM’ on her forehead………

A. TESTIMONIES OF SEXUAL VIOLENCE WITNESSING MASS RAPE (INCLUDING MINOR GIRLS)
NARODA PATIA, AHMEDABAD, FEBRUARY 28, 2002

Gujarat riots: The impact on women | Books & Reports | Human rights

"The mob started chasing us with burning tyres after we were forced to leave Gangotri society. It was then that they raped many girls. We saw about 8-10 rapes. We saw them strip 16-year-old Mehrunissa. They were stripping themselves and beckoning to the girls. Then they raped them right there on the road. We saw a girl's vagina being slit open. Then they were burnt. Now there is no evidence."
Source: Kulsum Bibi, Shah e Alam Camp, March 27, 2002

"I saw Farzana being raped by Guddu Chara. Farzana was about 13 years old. She was a resident of Hussain Nagar. They put a saria (rod) in Farzana's stomach. She was later burnt. 12 year old Noorjahan was also raped. The rapists were Guddu, Suresh and Naresh Chara and Haria. I also saw Bhawani Singh, who works in the State Transport Department kill 5 men and a boy."
Source: Azharuddin, 13 years. He witnessed the rapes while hiding on the terrace of Gangotri Society. The Chara basti is located just behind Jawan Nagar.

The mob, which came from Chara Nagar and Kuber Nagar, started burning people at around 6 in the evening. The mob stripped all the girls of the locality, including my 22-year-old daughter, and raped them. My daughter was engaged to be married. 7 members of my family were burnt including my wife (aged 40), my sons (aged 18, 14 and 7) and my daughters (aged 2, 4 and 22). My eldest daughter, who later died in the civil hospital, told me that those who raped her were wearing shorts. They hit her on the head and then burnt her. She died of 80% burn injuries.
Source: Abdul Usman, Testimony recorded by Citizens Initiative

GANG RAPE OF 25 YEAR OLD ZARINA: A HUSBAND'S ACCOUNT
HUSSAIN NAGAR, NARODA PATIA, AHMEDABAD. FEBRUARY 28, 2002

It started at 9 am on February 28th. That's when the mobs arrived, shouting - Mian Bhai nikalo (Bring out the Muslims). Many of them were wearing kesari chaddis (saffron shorts or underwear) The mob included boys from the neighbouring buildings - Gopinath Society and Gangotri Society. I ran out of my house with the entire family - mother, father, sister, sister's daughter, my wife Zarina, my brother, my sister-in-law, and my niece...there were 11 of us. We all ran towards the Police chowki. The Police said, 'Go towards Gopinath and Gangotri'. In the melee, I was separated from my wife. What happened to her, she told me later. She tried to escape the mobs by leaping over a wall. But found herself in a cul-de-sac. They gang-raped her, and cut one arm. She was found naked. She was kept in the civil hospital for many days. Now she is recovering with her mother near the Khanpur darwaza.
Source: Naimuddin Ibrahim Sheikh, 30 year old husband of Zarina. Shah-e-Alam Camp, March 27, 2002. His family migrated from Gulbarga in Karnataka in 1971. He was born in Naroda. Naimmudin's testimony was corroborated by Mumtaz, who was among the women who found Zarina naked in the maidan.

RAPE OF 13 YEAR OLD YASMIN
VILLAGE DELOL, PANCHMAHALS DISTRICT. MARCH 1, 2002
The extended families of Mohammad Bhai and Bhuri Behn - about 20 people - were chased by the mob to the river. Javed and another boy who managed to escape and hide behind a bush saw the mob kill Mohammad Bhai and rape Yasmin. They were about to kill the mother of the other boy who was hiding with him. So he screamed and ran out from behind the bush and was caught. He was made to walk around the dead bodies that were burnt (as if around a pyre) and he was then pushed into the fire.
Source: Women from Delol at Halol Camp, Panchmahals district, March 30, 2002. Javed, Mohammad Bhai's nephew, had come to Delol to help his uncle. He had narrated this to several of the women from Delol. Javed has returned to his village, Desar.

STRIPPING AND BRUTALISING OF AN ENTIRE FAMILY, LIMKHEDA VILLAGE.
DHEROL STATION, HALOL TALUKA, PANCHMAHALS DISTRICT. FEBRUARY 28, 2002
35 year old Haseena Bibi Yasin Khan Pathan along with her entire extended family of 17 people ran from Limkheda on the morning of February 28th. At 7 am they caught the train from Limkheda Station, disembarked at Dherol Station at 10 am. That's when they encountered the mob. Every one ran helter-skelter and the family got separated. Haseena, her husband, and young daughter managed to run towards Halol. Two children, Farzana (10 years old) and Sikandar (7 years old) escaped into the fields. Four boys - Ayub, (age 12), Mushtaq, (age 12), Mohsin, (age 10), and Shiraz (age 7) managed to hide behind bushes, and witnessed what happened. There was a large crowd. They were wearing pant-shirt and brandishing swords. According to Ayub, the mob caught his sister Afsana and cousins Zebu, Noorjehan, Sitara, Akbar, Rehana, Yusuf, Imran, Khatun (Aunt) and Zareef (brother). They were all stripped naked and made to run towards a nearby canal. That's the last Ayub saw of them. The bodies turned up charred near the canal the following day. He doesn't recognize the mob. No FIR has been lodged.
Source: Ayub, Halol Camp, Panchmahals district. The first part of the testimony is corroborated by his mother, Haseena Bibi.

2002 was 11 years ago people. Gujarat riots, both Muslims and Hindus died, and not to forget the riot flared up after 58 Hindu pilgrims(including 25 Women and 15 Children) were burnt alive by a Muslim mob in Godhra

Millions of Muslims have died and have been raped in Muslim countries by muslims ever since, go worry about them!

BILKEES: ACCOUNT OF A RAPE SURVIVOR
RANDHIKPUR VILLAGE, DISTRICT DAHOD7 . MARCH 3, 2002

Twenty-one year old Bilkees was five months pregnant. When Muslim houses in her village were attacked on February 28th, by a mob comprising upper caste people from her own village and some outsiders, she and several of her family members fled. For two days they ran from village to village. At a mosque near Kuajher, her cousin Shamim, delivered a baby. But there was no respite for them. They had to leave immediately, including Shamim who could barely walk, carrying her newborn baby.

On March 3rd we had started moving towards Panivela village, which was in a remote and hilly area. Suddenly we heard the sound of a vehicle. A truck came with people from our own village and outsiders too. We realised that they had not come to help us. They stopped us and then the madness started. They pulled my baby from my arms and threw her away. The other women and I were taken aside and raped. I was raped by three men. I was screaming all the time. They beat me and then left me for dead. When I regained consciousness I found I was alone. All around me were the dead bodies of my family, my baby girl, the newborn baby, their bodies were covered with the rocks and boulders used to kill them. I lay there the whole night and most of the next day. I do not know when I was conscious and when unconscious. Later I was found by a police squad from Limkheda police station .I was taken to the hospital and then brought to the Godhra Camp.

Testimony to AIDWA and Anandi

Additional facts about the case:

• Her FIR has been filed and a medical examination done on the insistence of the District collector, Jayanti Ravi, even though six-days had passed. Rape has been confirmed.
  • She has named the people who killed her family members and those who raped her: Sailesh Bhatt, Mithesh Bhatt, Vijay Maurya, Pradeep Maurya, Lala Vakil, Lala Doctor, Naresh Maurya, Jaswant Nai and Govind Nai (the last three gang-raped her)
  • Initially all her family members were missing. Her father and husband have been traced to another camp at Dahod and her brother, Saeed, is with her in Godhra.
A META-NARRATIVE OF BESTIALITY

"But what they did to my sister-in-law's sister Kausar Bano was horrific and heinous. She was 9 months pregnant. They cut open her belly, took out her foetus with a sword and threw it into a blazing fire. Then they burnt her as well."

Source: Saira Banu, Naroda Patia (recorded at the Shah-e-Alam Camp on March 27th, 2002).

During our fact-finding mission, we were to hear this story many times. We read about it in other fact-finding reports. We were told about it by many survivors at the Shah-e-Alam camp. Sometimes the details would vary - the foetus was dashed to the ground, the foetus was slaughtered with a sword, the foetus was swung on the point of the sword and then thrown into a fire. Each teller of the story owned it. It was as if it was their own story. Were these simply the fevered imaginings of traumatized minds? We think not. Kausar's story has come to embody the numerous experiences of evil that were felt by the Muslims of Naroda Patia on February 28, 2002. In all instances where extreme violence is experienced collectively, meta-narratives are constructed. Each victim is part of the narrative; their experience subsumed by the collective experience. Kausar is that collective experience - a meta-narrative of bestiality; a meta-narrative of helpless victimhood. There are a thousand Kausars.

Members of the fact-finding team have seen photographic evidence of the burnt bodies of a mother and a foetus lying on the mother's belly, as if torn from the uterus and left on the gash. We do not know if that was Kauser Bano.

Well sometime you question the authencity of Wikipedia when fact is against your country.Now it against India so you trust what is written in wikipedia.
But question is How a chinese now the ground situation in an Indian state in gujarat.?

Back
Top Bottom