What's new

Barbaric Gujrat Massacre - The Truth Behind The Story

WOMEN'S TESTIMONIES OF THE ROLE OF THE STATE Shabnam, Resident of Vatva, Ahmedabad
Date of incident: March 1, 2002

Shabnam, 23, recounted the events of the afternoon of March 1: "The mob arrived, armed with trishuls and swords, shouting - Miya ne maro, Miya neo kato. (Kill the Muslims!). Some of them started pelting stones. We were 50 odd people, they were a few thousand. As we ran for our lives, the police blocked our escape, chasing us in the direction of the mob `Chalo maar do saalo ko' (Kill the bastards!), they shouted. This is the first time this has happened here. Where can we go? What is to become of us?"
(Qutb-e-Alam Dargah Relief Camp, Vatva, Ahmedabad. March 27, 2002)

Saira Bano, Resident of Khed Brahma town, Sabarkantha.
Date of Incident: February 28th, 2002

It was 9:30 in the morning when the attack started. A large crowd came at us. They were all our neighbours. I recognize each one of them - I know the castes: Bhatt, Vaghri, Prajapat. We ran to the Police Station. The Police gave us shelter, but said that they could not protect us for long. They put us in dabba gaadis (police box-cars) and packed us off into the care of local Muslim leaders in Vadali. That's how we landed up at the relief camp.
(Vadali Relief Camp, March 28th, 2002)

Kulsum Bibi and Jannat Bibi, Residents of Jawan Nagar, Naroda Patia, Ahmedabad.
Date of incident: February 28, 2002

The day began like any other. We were all drinking tea when we heard that the (local) masjid had been attacked. The men and boys went out to see what was happening. They were confronted by a crowd of several thousands, armed with trishuls and swords. Some of the swords had Bajrang Dal written on it. They were wearing khakhi shorts. Some were carrying petrol. This we now know they had got from nearby Bipin Auto. The owner is a Bajrang Dal agyavan (leader). The trucks that had brought these men were stacked with gas cylinders...Suddenly the police fired. Some of our men were killed in the firing. The women and children started fleeing. Our colony is sandwiched between the State Reserve Police (SRP) Colony, the State Transport workshop and the Hindu housing societies- Gopinath and Gangotri. We all rushed towards the SRP Colony. We were not allowed inside. We begged but the gates remained shut. We kept running back and forth like caged animals. Then there was a lathi charge. Many of us got hit. We heard the police say things like - yeh aap logon ka aakhri din hai - (this is your last day).
(Shah-e-Alam Relief camp, Ahmedabad. March 27, 2002)

Saira Bano, Resident Navapura, Vatva, Ahmedabad
The maidan was full of thousands of trishul and sword wielding men. I have never seen so many people. Everyone was panicking. We lost all hope when the police came with the crowd. When we pleaded with the police that they were meant to protect everyone, they told us- "Tum lad lo. Jitni takat hain mukabala kar lo". (You fight them with whatever strength you have.)
(Qutb-e-Alam Relief Camp, Vatva, Ahmedabad. March 27, 2002)

BILKEES: ACCOUNT OF A RAPE SURVIVOR
RANDHIKPUR VILLAGE, DISTRICT DAHOD7 . MARCH 3, 2002

Twenty-one year old Bilkees was five months pregnant. When Muslim houses in her village were attacked on February 28th, by a mob comprising upper caste people from her own village and some outsiders, she and several of her family members fled. For two days they ran from village to village. At a mosque near Kuajher, her cousin Shamim, delivered a baby. But there was no respite for them. They had to leave immediately, including Shamim who could barely walk, carrying her newborn baby.

On March 3rd we had started moving towards Panivela village, which was in a remote and hilly area. Suddenly we heard the sound of a vehicle. A truck came with people from our own village and outsiders too. We realised that they had not come to help us. They stopped us and then the madness started. They pulled my baby from my arms and threw her away. The other women and I were taken aside and raped. I was raped by three men. I was screaming all the time. They beat me and then left me for dead. When I regained consciousness I found I was alone. All around me were the dead bodies of my family, my baby girl, the newborn baby, their bodies were covered with the rocks and boulders used to kill them. I lay there the whole night and most of the next day. I do not know when I was conscious and when unconscious. Later I was found by a police squad from Limkheda police station .I was taken to the hospital and then brought to the Godhra Camp.

Testimony to AIDWA and Anandi

Additional facts about the case:

• Her FIR has been filed and a medical examination done on the insistence of the District collector, Jayanti Ravi, even though six-days had passed. Rape has been confirmed.
  • She has named the people who killed her family members and those who raped her: Sailesh Bhatt, Mithesh Bhatt, Vijay Maurya, Pradeep Maurya, Lala Vakil, Lala Doctor, Naresh Maurya, Jaswant Nai and Govind Nai (the last three gang-raped her)
  • Initially all her family members were missing. Her father and husband have been traced to another camp at Dahod and her brother, Saeed, is with her in Godhra.
A META-NARRATIVE OF BESTIALITY

"But what they did to my sister-in-law's sister Kausar Bano was horrific and heinous. She was 9 months pregnant. They cut open her belly, took out her foetus with a sword and threw it into a blazing fire. Then they burnt her as well."

Source: Saira Banu, Naroda Patia (recorded at the Shah-e-Alam Camp on March 27th, 2002).

During our fact-finding mission, we were to hear this story many times. We read about it in other fact-finding reports. We were told about it by many survivors at the Shah-e-Alam camp. Sometimes the details would vary - the foetus was dashed to the ground, the foetus was slaughtered with a sword, the foetus was swung on the point of the sword and then thrown into a fire. Each teller of the story owned it. It was as if it was their own story. Were these simply the fevered imaginings of traumatized minds? We think not. Kausar's story has come to embody the numerous experiences of evil that were felt by the Muslims of Naroda Patia on February 28, 2002. In all instances where extreme violence is experienced collectively, meta-narratives are constructed. Each victim is part of the narrative; their experience subsumed by the collective experience. Kausar is that collective experience - a meta-narrative of bestiality; a meta-narrative of helpless victimhood. There are a thousand Kausars.

Members of the fact-finding team have seen photographic evidence of the burnt bodies of a mother and a foetus lying on the mother's belly, as if torn from the uterus and left on the gash. We do not know if that was Kauser Bano.

Some pakistanis is still live in 2002 riots.Actually it is one decade ago,man wake up:rofl:.India already
almost forgot that.Even Muslims in Gujarat forgot that .Now Modi is in 4th term as CM in Gujarat and probably next PM.My friend work in Gujarat,He tell me news from congress backed newspaper and ground situation in gujarat is completely different.May some illiterate people believe congress backed news.But it is no long their case

Some pakistanis is still live in 2002 riots.Actually it is one decade ago,man wake up:rofl:.India already
almost forgot that.Even Muslims in Gujarat forgot that .Now Modi is in 4th term as CM in Gujarat and probably next PM.My friend work in Gujarat,He tell me news from congress backed newspaper and ground situation in gujarat is completely different.May some illiterate people believe congress backed news.But it is no long their case

I wonder if you had said the same if they were your mother and sisters who had to undego such atrocities.

Saira Bano, Resident Hussain Nagar, Naroda Patia, Ahmedabad

Saira used to live in Hussain Nagar Chali in Naroda Patia. She is now at the camp with her 3 children. "I heard girls screaming. I saw a naked girl running with 25 men chasing her. The sweet shop owner was distributing sweets to the rioters. The police fired on the Muslims rather than the mob". She said that women were beaten with sticks. She saw her husband being killed in the police firing. She was hiding on the terrace of someone's house. "At least I saw him die. There are many women here who don't know what has happened to their husbands. Are they widows or not? Should they mourn or not?"
(Shah-e-Alam Relief Camp, Ahmedabad. March 27, 2002)

Nagori Bibi, Resident Khed Brahma near State Transport bus stand, Sabarkantha District.
Date of incident: February 28th, 2002

The tension escalated and the mob (which she estimated as being over 2000) started throwing stones. By about 12 noon about 50 -60 people were taking refuge in her house. 25 of these people belonged to her extended family. Her brother-in-law then phoned the police to be told - "We neither have the time nor the staff. We can't come". They then phoned Amanullah Khan the local Muslim leader and also a member of the Congress. It was only after he put pressure on the police that they came.
(Vadali Relief Camp, Sabarkantha. March 28, 2002)

Shamshad Bibi, Resident Khed Brahma (near dargah), Sabarkantha.
Date of incident: February 28th, 2002.

On February 27th when my sons went to the dargah they heard rumours that a dhamal (incident) was about to take place. There were other rumours of impending tension. 4 families slept at the dargah that night. In fact 2 policemen were posted outside. "Now when I look back the police had come around asking questions about the Muslim residents, like how much cattle we possessed." One policeman asked - "Mutton vutton milega kya?" Nothing happened that night. I was cooking lunch the next day when the mobs came shouting - Maro, Maro (Kill! Kill!) They were carrying trishuls. We ran. We had to cross the river, which is dry. Finally we reached the dargah. I found many other Muslims there. About 300 to 400 of us were cramped into a room. Then they came and set fire to the dargah wall. The police was around but did not stop the crowd. In fact we could hear them shouting looto! All we could do was pray. The police squad finally came and took us to the Police Station. We could hear them talking on the wireless - sab tod diya, phod diya. (everything is broken, destroyed) Then suddenly we were told - chale jao nahin to police station ko jala denge. (Go from here or they will burn down the police station)
(Vadali Relief Camp. Sabarkantha. March 28, 2002)

In the history of the world first time a country so called LARGEST DEMOKRAAZY where a TERRORIST try to become Prime Minister LOL and that DEMOKRAZY support him because he is against PAKISTAN and killer of thousands of Muslims in gujrat so such news is not surprise :wave:

In the history of the world first time a country so called LARGEST DEMOKRAAZY where a TERRORIST try to become Prime Minister LOL and that DEMOKRAZY support him because he is against PAKISTAN and killer of thousands of Muslims in gujrat so such news is not surprise :wave:

Sorry , the world does not revolve around the brain farts of pakistanis ..... :wave:

I wonder if you had said the same if they were your mother and sisters who had to undego such atrocities.

Saira Bano, Resident Hussain Nagar, Naroda Patia, Ahmedabad

Saira used to live in Hussain Nagar Chali in Naroda Patia. She is now at the camp with her 3 children. "I heard girls screaming. I saw a naked girl running with 25 men chasing her. The sweet shop owner was distributing sweets to the rioters. The police fired on the Muslims rather than the mob". She said that women were beaten with sticks. She saw her husband being killed in the police firing. She was hiding on the terrace of someone's house. "At least I saw him die. There are many women here who don't know what has happened to their husbands. Are they widows or not? Should they mourn or not?"
(Shah-e-Alam Relief Camp, Ahmedabad. March 27, 2002)

Nagori Bibi, Resident Khed Brahma near State Transport bus stand, Sabarkantha District.
Date of incident: February 28th, 2002

The tension escalated and the mob (which she estimated as being over 2000) started throwing stones. By about 12 noon about 50 -60 people were taking refuge in her house. 25 of these people belonged to her extended family. Her brother-in-law then phoned the police to be told - "We neither have the time nor the staff. We can't come". They then phoned Amanullah Khan the local Muslim leader and also a member of the Congress. It was only after he put pressure on the police that they came.
(Vadali Relief Camp, Sabarkantha. March 28, 2002)

Shamshad Bibi, Resident Khed Brahma (near dargah), Sabarkantha.
Date of incident: February 28th, 2002.

On February 27th when my sons went to the dargah they heard rumours that a dhamal (incident) was about to take place. There were other rumours of impending tension. 4 families slept at the dargah that night. In fact 2 policemen were posted outside. "Now when I look back the police had come around asking questions about the Muslim residents, like how much cattle we possessed." One policeman asked - "Mutton vutton milega kya?" Nothing happened that night. I was cooking lunch the next day when the mobs came shouting - Maro, Maro (Kill! Kill!) They were carrying trishuls. We ran. We had to cross the river, which is dry. Finally we reached the dargah. I found many other Muslims there. About 300 to 400 of us were cramped into a room. Then they came and set fire to the dargah wall. The police was around but did not stop the crowd. In fact we could hear them shouting looto! All we could do was pray. The police squad finally came and took us to the Police Station. We could hear them talking on the wireless - sab tod diya, phod diya. (everything is broken, destroyed) Then suddenly we were told - chale jao nahin to police station ko jala denge. (Go from here or they will burn down the police station)
(Vadali Relief Camp. Sabarkantha. March 28, 2002)

Man when a rumour is spread like a virus in illiterate people ,the riot will happen.This is also happen when pakistanis and their tribals invade to kashmir and brain wash Muslims there and prompt them to attack kashmiri pandits.Thousands of kashmiri hindu womens raped in barbaric manner and all this done by invading pakistanis and their pros in kashmir.Now that poor people still stranded in delhi and live like refugees,paksitani muslims looted all assets of poor kashmiri hindus and rape their women.Now you play emotional cards with atrocities done in 2002 gujarat riots.You guys are narrow minded and you only know about atrocities in 2002 riots.
Now I am asking you when your mother and sisters attack by terrorists like kashmiri hindu women
attacked by terrorists. will you stick to the same arguement to support that terrorists ,like now your country do ,in kashmir because the terrorists are muslims
Man riots even it is done by Muslims or Hindus it is wrong.You play with so emotional with some news from relief camp .Do you even know about pathetic conditions of Kashmiri pandits experienced in refugee camps in delhi ?Go to delhi and check.No one care about them
Leave that aside,Do you know what happen to poor muslim women in pakistan when that women's
young brother love a girl in higher caste.?Do you even know how many poor minority girls in pakistan like hindu,sikh,christians forcefully raped and then forcefully converted to muslims.Do you know how many minority people like ahmedis ,shias killed brutally in pakistan even if they are muslims?
Pakistan and Pakstanies are not gaurdian angels of all muslims in the world .What happened in gujarat in 2002 riots is indeed condemnable.But who are you talking in the favour of muslims in India?.You have no authority for that.If Indian Muslims is suffered with any difficulties in india
the government ,NGO,all other constitutional establishments ,all of above majority Hindus like me protect them.They have right for freedom for expression here and they will get surely 100% justice.
Riots is not only concentrated against muslims but also other ethinicities in India.like 1984 sikh riots.and thousands of hindus and hundreds of christians also died due riots in earlier decades.and no f*** one support them.And problems like this in India is solved by govt authority but in pakistan it is solved TTP,al qaeda,LeT etc..Now the whole the world knows law and order difference between India and Pakistan.So mind your own business .get your house in order
I dont like personal reference against me like you mentioned :pissed::nono:.

what you said is different from the description here:some chilling scenarios were revealed here. Read the "Attacks on Muslims" section please.
2002 Gujarat violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Also it (above wikepedia quote) said the riot was controlled within 3 days but the ensuing violence was spread elsewhere:
Never quote Wikipedia.

I said it was controlled. Some areas took some time. It was few clashes and do consider that no. of policeman per thousand person in India is among the lowest in the world.

ya they revolve around.... against whom India is ? haina lolzzzzzzzzzz

They donor revolve around India and when matters related to India is concerned they certainly don't factor in BS delusions propagated by pakistanis either .

Well sometime you question the authencity of Wikipedia when fact is against your country.Now it against India so you trust what is written in wikipedia.
But question is How a chinese now the ground situation in an Indian state in gujarat.?

Never quote Wikipedia.

I said it was controlled. Some areas took some time. It was few clashes and do consider that no. of policeman per thousand person in India is among the lowest in the world.

Wikipedia is one of the most expedient sources on the net but you need to read and check the quoted references for confirmation of the authenticity if you want more solid proof.

Then why the followers of Religion of peace BURNT 57 people, 14 kids along with women and men..? if this is soo correct then the following incidents (roits) are the reaction for the above...

1st give answer for Burnt souls of 57, then question about other things..! If its a accident then every thing is accidents in that view...! Case CLOSED..!

"Everything is Fair and Love in WAR"

Religious fundamentalism makes people go nutts. South Asians (muslims, buddhists, hindus alike) should move past our hangups. How can one judge the ethos of multireligious state like Gujarat based on single marginalized events?

Unfortunately minorities will always get mistreated by the overwhelming majority, Its human nature. Similar things are happening to non muslims in Islamic countries.

I dont like personal reference against me like you mentioned :pissed::nono:.

I am not concerned about your personal likes or dislikes.

WOMEN'S TESTIMONIES OF THE ROLE OF THE STATE Shabnam, Resident of Vatva, Ahmedabad

Shabnam, 23, recounted the events of the afternoon of March 1: "The mob arrived, armed with trishuls and swords, shouting - Miya ne maro, Miya neo kato. (Kill the Muslims!). Some of them started pelting stones. We were 50 odd people, they were a few thousand. As we ran for our lives, the police blocked our escape, chasing us in the direction of the mob `Chalo maar do saalo ko' (Kill the bastards!), they shouted. This is the first time this has happened here. Where can we go? What is to become of us?"

It was 9:30 in the morning when the attack started. A large crowd came at us. They were all our neighbours. I recognize each one of them - I know the castes: Bhatt, Vaghri, Prajapat. We ran to the Police Station. The Police gave us shelter, but said that they could not protect us for long. They put us in dabba gaadis (police box-cars) and packed us off into the care of local Muslim leaders in Vadali. That's how we landed up at the relief camp.

The day began like any other. We were all drinking tea when we heard that the (local) masjid had been attacked. The men and boys went out to see what was happening. They were confronted by a crowd of several thousands, armed with trishuls and swords. Some of the swords had Bajrang Dal written on it. They were wearing khakhi shorts. Some were carrying petrol. This we now know they had got from nearby Bipin Auto. The owner is a Bajrang Dal agyavan (leader). The trucks that had brought these men were stacked with gas cylinders...Suddenly the police fired. Some of our men were killed in the firing. The women and children started fleeing. Our colony is sandwiched between the State Reserve Police (SRP) Colony, the State Transport workshop and the Hindu housing societies- Gopinath and Gangotri. We all rushed towards the SRP Colony. We were not allowed inside. We begged but the gates remained shut. We kept running back and forth like caged animals. Then there was a lathi charge. Many of us got hit. We heard the police say things like - yeh aap logon ka aakhri din hai - (this is your last day).

The maidan was full of thousands of trishul and sword wielding men. I have never seen so many people. Everyone was panicking. We lost all hope when the police came with the crowd. When we pleaded with the police that they were meant to protect everyone, they told us- "Tum lad lo. Jitni takat hain mukabala kar lo". (You fight them with whatever strength you have.)

I am not concerned about your personal likes or dislikes.

Seems you dont concern about yourself.you dont read my first two paragraph. then first read it.
Man when a rumour is spread like a virus in illiterate people ,the riot will happen.This is also happen when pakistanis and their tribals invade to kashmir and brain wash Muslims there and prompt them to attack kashmiri pandits.Thousands of kashmiri hindu womens raped in barbaric manner and all this done by invading pakistanis and their pros in kashmir.Now that poor people still stranded in delhi and live like refugees,paksitani muslims looted all assets of poor kashmiri hindus and rape their women.Now you play emotional cards with atrocities done in 2002 gujarat riots.You guys are narrow minded and you only know about atrocities in 2002 riots.
Now I am asking you when your mother and sisters attack by terrorists like kashmiri hindu women
attacked by terrorists. will you stick to the same arguement to support that terrorists ,like now your country do ,in kashmir because the terrorists are muslims
Man riots even it is done by Muslims or Hindus it is wrong.You play with so emotional with some news from relief camp .Do you even know about pathetic conditions of Kashmiri pandits experienced in refugee camps in delhi ?Go to delhi and check.No one care about them
Leave that aside,Do you know what happen to poor muslim women in pakistan when that women's
young brother love a girl in higher caste.?Do you even know how many poor minority girls in pakistan like hindu,sikh,christians forcefully raped and then forcefully converted to muslims.Do you know how many minority people like ahmedis ,shias killed brutally in pakistan even if they are muslims?
Pakistan and Pakstanies are not gaurdian angels of all muslims in the world .What happened in gujarat in 2002 riots is indeed condemnable.But who are you talking in the favour of muslims in India?.You have no authority for that.If Indian Muslims is suffered with any difficulties in india
the government ,NGO,all other constitutional establishments ,all of above majority Hindus like me protect them.They have right for freedom for expression here and they will get surely 100% justice.
Riots is not only concentrated against muslims but also other ethinicities in India.like 1984 sikh riots.and thousands of hindus and hundreds of christians also died due riots in earlier decades.and no f*** one support them.And problems like this in India is solved by govt authority but in pakistan it is solved TTP,al qaeda,LeT etc..Now the whole the world knows law and order difference between India and Pakistan.So mind your own business .get your house in order:coffee:

You not concerned about yourself and obsessed with problems and la and order issues in India.
Different types of issues are in the world ,and whole the world know in pakistan worst case ,epicentre of terrorism.If this is your direction,you guys may spend your future concerned about
muslims in world and India,while your own citizens blown up by some terrorists.
But for Indians even it is hindus like me or my muslim friends pakistanies are enemy.We dont f***
care what are you yelling about Indians.So Pakistan Mind their own business.As far as my experience Indian muslims more hate pakistan than Hindus when pakistanies interefered in India internal matters.:-)

Back
Top Bottom