What's new

Battle of Taierzhuang 1938

+4vsgorillas-Apebane

Reaction score
Country
China
Battle of Taierzhuang 1938

The battle of Taierzhuang was fought just over 80 years ago and in a few days on April 8 will mark the 81st anniversary of the first major Chinese victory against Japan.

China stood alone then and fought on against extreme odds while France surrenders in 1940 to Nazi Germany.

I don't give a fcuk what westerners think of Chinese contribution as one of the major allies, but I do worry that many Chinese themselves are losing a sense of the sacrifice and loss of life in those dark dark days.

Senior Chinese official Zhou Fohai wrote in 1937 as the Japanese troops approached Nanjing

"China will have no more history"

That was how bad it was. 5000 years of history was on the brink of breaking against an enemy whose practice of war was to:

Loot all
Burn all
Kill all

Please use the anniversary of the victory to reflect on ourselves and ways to better ourselves so that such a dark time will never again fall on the Chinese people. The strength of the country is made of the individuals who comprise it and only virtuous people will make a strong country, I'm afraid that there is no shortcut.

As Michael Jackson say, start with the man in the mirror ( there are no Chinese women on PDF I think)

Some fcuked up things have happened of late that I have witnessed with fellow Chinese and I feel inclined to write this rant. Thank you for reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Taierzhuang

Long Live Heros Sacrificed During 1931-1945 ! 碧血昭千秋,英魂耀万古 !
I'm actually satisfied with result of Chinese Army (KMT and CCP). China was traditionally an
agricultural society, while Japan was industrialized, they can design and manufacture tanks,
fighter planes, aircraft carriers etc. It was the first time in past 1000 years Chinese as a nation
showed unity, braveness, determination and confidence to resist to such a powerful invader,
in fact, they did much much better than when Mongolian or Manchu invaded China. They managed to pin more than 1 million Japan soldier in China mainland even if they had no shoes, no decent clothes, often fight without foods. Some Chinese generals, soldiers practiced what is called Zhong, what is called Xiao. I'm very very proud of them. Every time I read history of Sino Japan war, there are tears in my eyes, often can't stop crying. Sino Japan war is the few most important eras in China history, it's in fact rebirth of Chinese civilization in fire.

Last edited:
Long Live Heros Sacrificed During 1931-1945 ! 碧血耀千秋 !
I'm actually satisfied with result of Chinese Army (KMT and CCP). China was traditionally an
agricultural society, while Japan was industrialized, they can design and manufacture tanks,
fighter planes, aircraft carriers etc. It was the first time in past 1000 years Chinese as a nation
showed unity, braveness, determination and confidence to resist to such a powerful invader,
in fact, they did much much better than when Mongolian or Manchu invaded China. They managed to pin more than 1 million Japan soldier in China mainland even if they had no shoes, no decent clothes, often fight without foods. Some Chinese generals, soldiers practiced what is called Zhong, what is called Xiao. I'm very very proud of them. Every time I read history of Sino Japan war, there are tears in my eyes, often can't stop crying. Sino Japan war is the few most important eras in China history, it's in fact rebirth of Chinese civilization in fire.

Despite the brutality of the invaders and overwhelming advantage in equipment and technology, China never surrendered unlike the French.

Reading of the war does not make me proud, sadness is by far what I feel.

I hope that all fellow Chinese never forget and to do some self reflection. I personally know of rotten Chinese who makes me lose faith sometimes and its caused me a lot of distress.

Despite the brutality of the invaders and overwhelming advantage in equipment and technology, China never surrendered unlike the French.

Reading of the war does not make me proud, sadness is by far what I feel.

I hope that all fellow Chinese never forget and to do some self reflection. I personally know of rotten Chinese who makes me lose faith sometimes and its caused me a lot of distress.

True. There were lots of traitors, or animals during that hard time. But we need look things from an overall perspective. You can't expect 400 millions people were all like Yue Wu Mu. PLA in general inherits Chinese traditional values very well so far at least in soldier level.

For modern Chinese, there're many jerks. True. But they won't get power. The fate of a nation is highly relevant with leadership team. I trust CCP can handle this issue very well. Education and internet are important factors which dramatically fix flaws of CCP's system.

Last edited:
Estimation of up to 40% of the Japanese army died in China thanks to the sheer bravery of our people despite being backward. I bet those invaders were sh!tting in their pants once they entered deep into China's territory suffering heavy losses.
China on the other hand has risen from the ashes to where it is today. :china:

I liked the post, but guys let's put all this behind us. No more war.

Brave soldier who sacrifice for the glory of the motherland.
20170404_181946.jpg

there will always be. if you are weak you will get step on. first order of business is to always get strong so you don't get screw over. if you don't keep up with the times then European colonialism showed you will get screwed one way or another by someone who have a big advantage over you.

Kids adopted by Chinese mourn Japanese war
China Daily, April 5, 2017

00016c42b1c91a4e789f02.jpg

A group from Japan visits three Chinese women in Harbin on Tuesday who raised children abandoned by Japanese families after World War II. Three Japanese visitors had been among those children, but none had been raised by the women. [Photo by Liu Yang/China Daily]

A group from Japan mourned victims of Japan's invasion and occupation of northeastern China before and during World War II and called on their leaders to visit China to apologize for war crimes on Tuesday.

The group of 41 was organized by people abandoned as children in China by Japanese families at the end of the war, and included three of them who had returned to Japan. The visit took place on Qingming Festival, the most important occasion for Chinese to honor the dead.

They visited Unit 731 Museum in Harbin, capital of Heilongjiang Province, and mourned the more than 3,000 people tortured and killed there. Unit 731 was the Japanese army's germ warfare division, which engaged in experiments on humans.

"It's horrifying to see some of the items on display. Some of them were beyond what I could bear to see," said Nakajima Yohachi, who helped organize the visit.

More than 4,000 Japanese children were adopted in China after World War II, according to media reports. Most have gone back to Japan.

Nakajima, 75, moved to Heilongjiang in 1942 with his family but was abandoned in 1945. He returned to Japan in 1958. He said he wouldn't have survived if it were not for his Chinese parents.

The left-behind children also met with three of the adoptive mothers and gave them gifts. The children they adopted were not in the group.

"Many Japanese are deceived as the history is either distorted or understated in Japanese textbooks," Nakajima said. "We volunteered to come with our own money. We are all peace lovers. We hope Japanese people will gain more knowledge of history, and we also hope there will be no war anymore.

"I think Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe should come to China to apologize for the atrocities and reflect on history. If he doesn't come, many Japanese like me will feel sorry for that," he added.

Japanese dancer Yasuda Yuka, 34, said the atrocities were beyond her imagination.

"I am angry and sad as there are few records in Japanese textbooks about this history. Many young Japanese don't know history well and many even think it's dangerous to come to China," she said.

Six of those abandoned who still live in China accompanied the group. Gao Fengqin, 74, was adopted after her father was killed in the war when she was 5, but she still couldn't go back to Japan, which does not recognize her identity. "I am looking forward to going back to hunt for my roots," she said. "But forever, China is my home."

Brave soldier who sacrifice for the glory of the motherland. View attachment 388826
The difference between these brave Chinese soldiers and Japanese Kamikaze or ISIS suicide bombers, is they didn't think they would become immortal spirits in the Yasukuni Shrine or Jihadists that would enjoy 72 virgins in the paradise. That is pure and utter self-sacrifice. Really respectable.

timg.jpg

Last edited:
Brave soldier who sacrifice for the glory of the motherland. View attachment 388826

They are the very soul of what makes a group of people a civilization nation.

They should never be forgotten; their sacrifice must be recited and taught at every level of society.

History must be learned well not to be arrested by the past glory or pain, but to derive lessons and be mindful of the forces that let China suffer under foreign-led humiliation so that the same mistakes would not be made. A dielactical approach to history.

The difference of these brave Chinese soldiers with Japanese Kamikaze or ISIS suicide bombers, is they didn't think they would become immortal spirits in the Yasukuni Shrine or Jihadists that would enjoy 72 virgins in the paradise. That was pure sacrifice. Really respectable.

View attachment 388831
Yes exactly. Both Chinese men and women made the sacrifices or we be speaking japanese now. Chinese history would have ended in the 40s.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom