What's new

'Bavar-373 superior to Russian S-300s

Why some people are so surprised? Its not like Iran is making B373 from the scratch. They reverse-engineered and copied from S-300 and HQ-9, Iran had plenty of time (5+ years for S300 and 2+ years for Chinese copy). If anything, Iran's recent progress is impressive, - satellites, advanced ballistic missiles, etc. Whats so surprising about SAM copy?

More interesting claim is that Iran improved S-300, can they do it? We'll see in the next couple of years. There are very good reasons WHY they need to modify S-300:

1) US and Israel knows S-300 inside-out. They've prepared counter-measures against it, so even if Iran would have gotten shipment for 800mln., its usefulness would be limited.

2) Quantity. Even without sanctions Russia would have a hard time supplying all SAMs and supplies Iran needs, especially if war starts. With sanctions? Few S-300 here, HQ-9 there, wont make much difference (except for reverse-engineering purposes).

3) Stealth aircrafts. S-300 isnt very good for those, and they will be major issue for Iran if a war starts.

4) Sabotage from manufacturer side. Russia, US, etc. leave back-door in their equipment, so if lets say Russia sells S-300 to Iran and later starts a war against it, those SAMs will be disabled.

Due to all those reasons (and many more), its absolutely essential for Iran to make indigenous SAM. And even if B373 would be inferior to S-300, its sufficient quantity and unknown characteristics for enemies would make them more effective than latest S-300's. Plus advancement is never ending process, as soon as B373 enters mass production, superior v2 will enter design stage, etc.

Actually what is classified is some extreme details on each weapon system. just "Saying" we made something does not mean it's true. The soviet union used to do the same thing. It would say it made some spanking new crazy superior kick *** system just to scare the west when in fact it did not make anything as they say or it was vastly inferior than its western counterpart. The US did the same thing with few of its systems too.

Iranian media have completely lost all credibility when it comes to Iranian military industry. If we take everything Iranian Media have said over the years Iran by now should have a 5th generation aircraft superior to everything in the world (Remember the 5th gen aircraft the paraded a few years ago suppose to be finished last year) So no I don't buy this.

If you're talking about the fighter jet concept with the air intake on top, then iran never said they were going to finish that in a year, matter of fact they never even published anything about it, however dont get that confused with the "sofreh mahi" the diamond shaped uav, that is going to be a bomber drone, and iran said they have tested a 1/7 scale version and the full version will be created in few years.
here look at this, this is the stealth concept, there was debated whether it was going to be manned of unmanned, but in my opinion it will be manned as on the picture there is a **** pit. comeon you got to admitt it does look great :)
sofreh.PNG

And here is the uav called sofreh mahi, sofreh mahi means flat fish in persian,
Sofreh_Mahi.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Iran says 10 times more than its actually makes. Its still not bad compare to Arab countries though.
I agree that iranians mullas come up with some proper BS, but that does not mean iranian scientist are not capable, iran is still along way to go however to reach the western world technology.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Why some people are so surprised? Its not like Iran is making B373 from the scratch. They reverse-engineered and copied from S-300 and HQ-9, Iran had plenty of time (5+ years for S300 and 2+ years for Chinese copy). If anything, Iran's recent progress is impressive, - satellites, advanced ballistic missiles, etc. Whats so surprising about SAM copy?

More interesting claim is that Iran improved S-300, can they do it? We'll see in the next couple of years. There are very good reasons WHY they need to modify S-300:

1) US and Israel knows S-300 inside-out. They've prepared counter-measures against it, so even if Iran would have gotten shipment for 800mln., its usefulness would be limited.

2) Quantity. Even without sanctions Russia would have a hard time supplying all SAMs and supplies Iran needs, especially if war starts. With sanctions? Few S-300 here, HQ-9 there, wont make much difference (except for reverse-engineering purposes).

3) Stealth aircrafts. S-300 isnt very good for those, and they will be major issue for Iran if a war starts.

4) Sabotage from manufacturer side. Russia, US, etc. leave back-door in their equipment, so if lets say Russia sells S-300 to Iran and later starts a war against it, those SAMs will be disabled.

Due to all those reasons (and many more), its absolutely essential for Iran to make indigenous SAM. And even if B373 would be inferior to S-300, its sufficient quantity and unknown characteristics for enemies would make them more effective than latest S-300's. Plus advancement is never ending process, as soon as B373 enters mass production, superior v2 will enter design stage, etc.

If this was an english essay i would give it an A*. you're right in every way.
Iran usually upgrades their stuff regularly so if this is made, then it wont be the one i be happy about, but the newer version thats on its way.

If the S-300 is good enough to down cruise missiles it is good enough to down LO planes with success too. Range will be limited of course but still. I have worked with S-300. The are a formidable weapon and not only a serious threat but a deathbringer to any non stealth aircraft. Its lethality must NOT be underestimated.

The fact that americans feel comfortable with it is misleading. They can afford the best jamming and they can deploy stealth planes.

But for anyone else the S-300 is pretty much a killer.

Making something better than the S-300 .. wow.. now that must be a feat of engineering unparalleled recently ...

My friend that is more difficult than you think. Also that truck is not the s-300, on the truck it says "we can do it" as in we will make it because we are capable of it.

I know its not S 300! thats my point!!!!! you are saying what is written on it! it is called " propaganda"

and I am saying it again! those mullah are stealing your future!

As an Iranian, I think It's wise to say that I don't buy this but I'll prefer to talk about Bavar-373 when there is reliable information about it. We all know how Iranian newspapers like Fars News make Iranian real achievements look false by exaggerating our capabilities.

800 million USD is too much money. From the start, I would not give that money to Russia. I would give it to my people: engineers, genius designers, etc I give them land, resources, and they will build what is better than S300:
I am sure that after Iran decided to invest that money locally, it will not regret its decision when the years will give birth to B373.

Invest on your own people !

Nothing is impossible.

In arab countries, leaders are blind: they think it is impossible to build a radar or a missile. They are corrupt. It is better they buy weapon so that they take share of the money into their own pockets. Some fear that if their own people will be able to manufacture weapon, then they can use the knowledge to fight their own rulers.
In Tunisia, after the revolution, a man came out of prison: he was being put in Jail for the mere reason of having the knowledge to make designs of weapons. He did not make bombs or gave his knowledge. So his crime was as they wrote in the police report:
"This man is convicted for the crime of having bypassed the gouvernment in thinking" !! Meaning the crime of thinking better than the corrupt gouvernment.

Evrybody remembers the Yamama case in Saudi Arabia. I have saved a CNN page in which evryone can read how the american are laughing at Saudi Arabia which bought a lot of weapons which can be disabled remotely !!

Iranian should realize they are in a period of luck. Luck means the gouvernment is not corrupt and invests in its people.

Nothing is Impossible.

orders S-300, is peed off when doesn't get S-300, suddenly they got something better domestically :what::what:

I look forward to its commissioning,

by against what's the white aircraft with the air intake above?

Why you are switching the topic? Only one digit IQ people can believe that Iran can develop system similar or sperior to S-300.

LOL :D

Only people without any IQ would try and say we are not capable of doing that.

Well said my old friend !

I dnt believe it...no offence to my iranian brother... but not possible.

Nothing is impossible bro !

784410_440.jpg

I know its not S 300! thats my point!!!!! you are saying what is written on it! it is called " propaganda"

and I am saying it again! those mullah are stealing your future!

Oct 20, 2011 :pleasantry:

Back
Top Bottom