What's new

BBC newsnight programme 22nd August 2017

Naya Pakistan

New Recruit

Reaction score
This was a complaint I submitted to the BBC. Perhaps other Pakistanis in the Uk can do the same. We have had enough bias.

"I was disappointed to see that Newsnight invited two guests to comment upon the President's Trumps new Afghan policy and in particular his statements about Pakistan. The two guests that were Carlotta Gall - the author of the book The Wrong Enemy: America in Afghanistan and Christin Fair - who has written many anti Pakistan publications such as Can United States secure an Unsecure State. Both are vehemently anti Pakistani in their views and rhetoric and both were in a 'very happy agreement' with each other. What about the Pakistan's prospective? A nation of 200 million striving to stem the extremists since helping the American's thwart the Russians in Afghanistan and then being a conduit for the American war there. Their territory used for transport of American weapons to Afghanistan and without it's assistance how could the American wage the war. The one billion dollar assistance each year has been mentioned but how much is that the cost of the Pakistani logistics help. What about the geo-political compulsions and the interest of Pakistani state for it's survival against an increasingly hostile Afghanistan and India. For an impartial channel and in a country that has at least one million Pakistani descendants, programmes such as these do need to have an unbiased narrative other than espoused by the American policy establishment. By being the strongest power on earth does not mean it's interests need to trample on other smaller nations. There was no one to give Pakistan's perspective."

My friend, every media house is there to earn money, they are not free utility services. Money can only be earned by following an agenda,a purpose in sight.

Why expecting anything pro Pakistan or even something neutral from BBC ? They have to take care of British govt interests, which are very much US interests also.

It's duty of drugged Pakistan govt to come up with their own powerful media houses, like Putin's Russia Today to counter anti Pakistan broadcasting.

Even Mulla in Iran has come up with something at international level.

My friend, every media house is there to earn money, they are not free utility services. Money can only be earned by following an agenda,a purpose in sight.

Why expecting anything pro Pakistan or even something neutral from BBC ? They have to take care of British govt interests, which are very much US interests also.

It's duty of drugged Pakistan govt to come up with their own powerful media houses, like Putin's Russia Today to counter anti Pakistan broadcasting.

Even Mulla in Iran has come up with something at international level.
Indeed, but BBC purports to be fair in its programming. It has a robust editorial policy unlike many other news organisations. It is also protective of its reputation.

Indeed, but BBC purports to be fair in its programming. It has a robust editorial policy unlike many other news organisations. It is also protective of its reputation.
That is laughable. The BBC is clearly biased against Pakistan and there is unrefutable evidence to indicate so. Their articles about Pakistan almost always have input from anti-Pakistan journalists based in Pakistan like Ahmed Rashid who supports the independence of Balochistan.

Last edited:
Shah of Iran said the Inqalab is here because of USA and UK,,, means its western revolution nothing more or less .
Now all of them turning against us................ History repeating it self.

This was a complaint I submitted to the BBC. Perhaps other Pakistanis in the Uk can do the same. We have had enough bias.

"I was disappointed to see that Newsnight invited two guests to comment upon the President's Trumps new Afghan policy and in particular his statements about Pakistan. The two guests that were Carlotta Gall - the author of the book The Wrong Enemy: America in Afghanistan and Christin Fair - who has written many anti Pakistan publications such as Can United States secure an Unsecure State. Both are vehemently anti Pakistani in their views and rhetoric and both were in a 'very happy agreement' with each other. What about the Pakistan's prospective? A nation of 200 million striving to stem the extremists since helping the American's thwart the Russians in Afghanistan and then being a conduit for the American war there. Their territory used for transport of American weapons to Afghanistan and without it's assistance how could the American wage the war. The one billion dollar assistance each year has been mentioned but how much is that the cost of the Pakistani logistics help. What about the geo-political compulsions and the interest of Pakistani state for it's survival against an increasingly hostile Afghanistan and India. For an impartial channel and in a country that has at least one million Pakistani descendants, programmes such as these do need to have an unbiased narrative other than espoused by the American policy establishment. By being the strongest power on earth does not mean it's interests need to trample on other smaller nations. There was no one to give Pakistan's perspective."

Good initiative. Irrespective of their biased you did the right thing to write it to them showing them their biased.

Why the surprise?.......the americans wanted to do to us what they did to Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Libya. They failed.......and on top of that instead of being destroyed we are now much more advanced and powerful than we were in 2001. As far as the Americans are concerned, we are the ONLY Muslim nation that got away. So of course they're going to be Anti-Pakistani. Goes without saying.

Why the surprise?.......the americans wanted to do to us what they did to Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Libya. They failed.......and on top of that instead of being destroyed we are now much more advanced and powerful than we were in 2001. As far as the Americans are concerned, we are the ONLY Muslim nation that got away. So of course they're going to be Anti-Pakistani. Goes without saying.
Exactly. The US and their Western allies are outraged that their plans to destabilise the entire Muslim world have been disturbed by our successes in foiling their schemes. Our designation as a Nuclear Weapon State has particularly irked them as it makes the chances of a successful outcome of direct conflict with us almost impossible.

As much as it angers me that these shameless warmongers and their Bharati and namak harami associates do not hesitate to malign us on a regular basis, I take it as a compliment for our continuous victories in thwarting their evil plots.

Exactly. The US and their Western allies are outraged that their plans to destabilise the entire Muslim world have been disturbed by our successes in foiling their schemes. Our designation as a Nuclear Weapon State has particularly irked them as it makes the chances of a successful outcome of direct conflict with us almost impossible.

As much as it angers me that these shameless warmongers and their Bharati and namak harami associates do not hesitate to malign us on a regular basis, I take it as a compliment for our continuous victories in thwarting their evil plots.

The main reason why Afghans hate Pakistan a lot is that we have achieved and gained so much that they feel they WERE SUPPOSED to. They resent the fact that they rely on us so much for their survival. They only things Afghans are world class experts at is destruction and drug addiction.

the worst enemy of pak at the moment is not trump or modi but those who are sitting in the parliament houses and have dont care at all about whatever happens with this country. they are busy all the time in saving their corruption and now they are thinking about changing the constitution to save themselves. they have no shame. when pak is surrounded by enemies from all sides and the "super devil" is threatening the country our leaders are worried about their own wealth and power . such people are the biggest enemies of this country. we have to put our own house in order to deal with the external threats.

But we can change the BBC by complaints, so instead of writing here and saying what do you expect, I suggest all Pakistani's to write to the BBC and vent their disgust at the lack of fair journalism. In fact we should have complained when the Indians working for the BBC have bias against Pakistan and Pakistani and it is time we start to stand up for our rights.

But we can change the BBC by complaints, so instead of writing here and saying what do you expect, I suggest all Pakistani's to write to the BBC and vent their disgust at the lack of fair journalism. In fact we should have complained when the Indians working for the BBC have bias against Pakistan and Pakistani and it is time we start to stand up for our rights.
We should make a complaint template that we can fill out individually in the case of any (inevitable) future bias.

This is a great idea. We would be grateful if someone with great English write a template we can all use for expressing these kind of issues to the relevant corp.

You raised mujaheedins on US behalf and funding and now they are biting you. What do you expect?

This is a great idea. We would be grateful if someone with great English write a template we can all use for expressing these kind of issues to the relevant corp.
My English isn't great and I sadly won't have much time but I'll see to it. If anyone can suggest some ideas that can comprise the template that would help a lot and we can get it written a lot faster.

You raised mujaheedins on US behalf and funding and now they are biting you. What do you expect?
The Afghan Mujahideen and the modern day terrorists operating in Afghanistan are not the same. The supporting of the Muhajideen was for a just cause. It drove out the invading USSR forces of a fellow Muslim country and the US and their Western allies supported us. If we apply logic to just these facts, it makes no sense that they should then turn their backs on us.

Back
Top Bottom