What's new

Behave or be like North Korea: former US diplomat Zalmay Khalilzad on Pakistan

A-Team

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
Some pretty strong words from Fmr US ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad.

@pakistani342 : What's your thoughts on the mood in the Capitol Hill? Zal seems to indicate that US Gov is probably resorting to more sticks than carrots this time.

http://www.firstpost.com/world/paki...may-khalilzad-former-us-diplomat-2867468.html

Today, I see in US a greater desire to isolate Pakistan. I think there is a need for a North Korea-type of isolation. We have asked China if they want Pakistan to be North Korea. We are pressing for delay in the IMF package to Pakistan. There has to be a complete suspension of all assistance to Pakistan and to make its military generals and government understand the consequences of continued support for extremist and terrorist groups.

The drone attack was a shot across the bow for Pakistan’s generals. It had a clear message. If we can do that with Mullah Mansour (the successor of Mullah Omar was killed in a US drone attack in Pakistan’s Baluchistan province in May), we can surely tackle the other Taliban leaders.

Stopping the sale of the F-16 fighter jets was another message to them. Reduction in assistance to Pakistan is another message.

Some pretty strong words from Fmr US ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad.

@pakistani342 : What's your thoughts on the mood in the Capitol Hill? Zal seems to indicate that US Gov is probably resorting to more sticks than carrots this time.

http://www.firstpost.com/world/paki...may-khalilzad-former-us-diplomat-2867468.html

Today, I see in US a greater desire to isolate Pakistan. I think there is a need for a North Korea-type of isolation. We have asked China if they want Pakistan to be North Korea. We are pressing for delay in the IMF package to Pakistan. There has to be a complete suspension of all assistance to Pakistan and to make its military generals and government understand the consequences of continued support for extremist and terrorist groups.

The drone attack was a shot across the bow for Pakistan’s generals. It had a clear message. If we can do that with Mullah Mansour (the successor of Mullah Omar was killed in a US drone attack in Pakistan’s Baluchistan province in May), we can surely tackle the other Taliban leaders.

Stopping the sale of the F-16 fighter jets was another message to them. Reduction in assistance to Pakistan is another message.
He is of Afghan origin and is clearly showing his bias. I don't know what is up with Afghans.
It is as if they expect something from us Pakistanis and at the same time keep themselves on a high pedestal.

He is of Afghan origin and is clearly showing his bias. I don't know what is up with Afghans.
It is as if they expect something from us Pakistanis and at the same time keep themselves on a high pedestal.

You have a point that he may have a soft spot for the country of his birth, but I doubt that he will put Afghan interests over the US.

Anyways let us not indulge in his personal inclinations but rather argue on the case he is raising that US will have more sticks in her policies vis-a-vis Pakistan. Does this argumentation stand a ground ?

/Peace

Who gives an eff when an afghani scum called khaleelzade or haramzade turn American says anything, his origin country is worst than North Korea in every aspect anyway, won't impress us this false bravado or chest thumping under American flag.

Hand over fazalullah to us b4 our patience runs out.

Reported.

I wonder till how much time US will continue to give massages while it knows Pakistan possibly helped Taliban attack there diplomatic missions and also tried to poison there CIA station chief.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_attack_on_U.S._consulate_in_Herat

This is just hollow talk. I might take Zaid Hamid more serious than this thing.

All I have to say that he's American by Nationality but Afghani by heart.

And Nope, we won't behave .

Do whatever u want !!

And Nope, we won't behave . That is one way to argue a case, which is fair enough :)

Just a bark.
Mr. Khalilzad knows what Pakistan can do with US forces in Afghanistan.

You have a point that he may have a soft spot for the country of his birth, but I doubt that he will put Afghan interests over the US.

Anyways let us not indulge in his personal inclinations but rather argue on the case he is raising that US will have more sticks in her policies vis-a-vis Pakistan. Does this argumentation stand a ground ?

/Peace

Reported.
Times 1000...do I care ...bitter truth Hun.

/Peace

Reported.
data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,7sJbBHPCRvmpYaG3QSbWdK__-1XIM3quoCLOnVpZUA1FsgCxT3TXTV4A0OX9IIUlNJhB2OchfRhePPPQPX2CuyIW8oN7QwNphp6JXU40PpyqtPPE-3GOc_p4-1X_FCoCYCID4EgUNt8R4FhR1bX98_ZJkifjPU-_NNoI_w5Rv4p7ND1LJzX9aZn7v--_QxVBhBSHBWGhPazWyGvb_RpR

Look at this map and tell me, which country would want to completely isolate Pakistan. Pakistan lies at the crossroads
of many regions(middle east, china, central asia, south asia) and thus its position is very strategic. No country would want to completely shun Pakistan.

Yes there will be some hard times but nothing too significant for Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom