What's new

Benefits of Hijama (Wet Cupping)

Introvert

Reaction score
Hijama cupping is an excellent form of preventative and curative therapy. Below are some of the ways cupping helps:
  • Boosts the circulatory and immune systems
  • Cleanses and detoxifies the body
  • Treats illness and relaxes the patient
  • Pain relief
  • Fertility
  • Hijama is also useful for treating many muscular, skeletal, neurological, immune, cardio-vascular, respiratory, digestive and urinary issues.

51igggUuRTL.jpg

Last edited:
I know people who have had it done and it certainly helped with muscular pain. In the last Olympics US athletes were doing it too, to aid recovery between sessions i think.

I know people who have had it done and it certainly helped with muscular pain. In the last Olympics US athletes were doing it too, to aid recovery between sessions i think.

Hijama is also done to treat people with high cholesterol, diabetes, risk of having stroke, etc.

• Boosts the circulatory and immune systems
  • Cleanses and detoxifies the body
  • Treats illness and relaxes the patient
  • Pain relief
  • Fertility
  • Hijama is also useful for treating many muscular, skeletal, neurological, immune, cardio-vascular, respiratory, digestive and urinary issues.
Is there any study to confirm all of these claims?

If I'm correct there is two types: wet and dry

Most people do the dry cupping to loosen tight muscles.

But what I want to know is that are.any of the claimed benefits backed by and medical research or study or are these claims simply based on hearsay or anecdotal experiences?

But what I want to know is that are.any of the claimed benefits backed by and medical research or study or are these claims simply based on hearsay or anecdotal experiences?

Hijama which is mentioned in hadith is wet cupping. I have personally done hijama at a time when my blood pressure was very high. After the procedure it was normal again. (by the way to treat high blood pressure, hijama is done on the head).

I was also on cholesterol medication which I stopped taking after hijama session, as my cholesterol level was significantly reduced.

Hijama which is mentioned in hadith is wet cupping. I have personally done hijama at a time when my blood pressure was very high. After the procedure it was normal again. (by the way to treat high blood pressure, hijama is done on the head).

I was also on cholesterol medication which I stopped taking after hijama session, as my cholesterol level was significantly reduced.
Interesting. This is something I would like to try as well but I would like to see something that is grounded in medical research to back these claims that are mentioned in the OP.

Interesting. This is something I would like to try as well but I would like to see something that is grounded in medical research to back these claims that are mentioned in the OP.

I highly recommend you watch the following videos

I'm not sure about the studies. It seems so straight forward to do proper clinical trials to prove/disprove such methods, but extensive clinical trials to modern standards have not been carried out on it. It's been a part of hemopathic therapy for Muslims and non muslims alike for centuries.

Anecdotal, not scientific. If it works, it works, but unless scientifically validated, placebo effect remains unexcluded as the reason for its "success".

Anecdotal, not scientific. If it works, it works, but unless scientifically validated, placebo effect remains unexcluded as the reason for its "success".

There are limits to the impact of the placebo affect. There are far too many cases and this has been used far too long for it to just be placebo affect. Of course the only way say without doubt is a wide, controlled scientific trial, done to internationally recognised standards.

I don't know... Logically speaking, donating a bag of blood should merit the same effects as hijama. You'll get to help out someone at the same time.

Know people who had it done and have very good things to say but gonna get it done and see for myself.

Medical research does not believe in abstract intangibles such as treating the spirit or hadith etc. You'll be lucky to find some research by muslim doctors somewhere.

I don't know... Logically speaking, donating a bag of blood should merit the same effects as hijama. You'll get to help out someone at the same time.

There is a big difference between hijama and blood donation.

Hijamah(wet cupping) Vs. Blood Donation

Hijama is only way to detox your body .The (bad cell) from your body can not be remove without performing hijjama treatment. It is the best way of treating your body with no side effect .

When people talk about the health benefits of Blood donation, it is similar to Venesection (puncturing of veins) which was called Fasd in old times.

The difference between Hijamah & Fasd is the blood itself, Fasd (Blood Donation) removes fresh blood from the veins; while Hijamah removes the septic blood from underneath the skin.

FASD is helpful for diseases that are cured by extracting out the fresh blood, & those ailments are very few, but Septic blood which is the root cause of many diseases is only drained out by Hijamah. Ibn Al Qayyam wrote that "Cupping extracts the septic blood more efficiently than puncturing the veins". A surprising fact is that the Hijamah blood can't be donated.

19756811_1211964608915784_6236733766388704386_n.jpg

Know people who had it done and have very good things to say but gonna get it done and see for myself.

Please share your experience after your hijama procedure.

Back
Top Bottom