• Type 99A

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • pokpung-ho

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we talk about actual service tanks.

The combined total of K2s and type 10s in the world are an astounding 16.

Just because their are only 16 listed tanks doesn't mean that only 16 exist. derp derp

did CIA even reported that in next 20 years 80% of all the aircrafts will be JF-17 Thunder ???? :laugh:

you wanna be banned???
Its PDF having some regulations to follow...
soo behave nicely....
well never heard of such CIA's report...
K-2 looks impressive...
hopinh Ak-2 armour modifications will be equivalent to K-2....

Why is Merkava , Arjun and Atlay not in the list ??

did CIA even reported that in next 20 years 80% of all the aircrafts will be JF-17 Thunder ???? :laugh:

yeah it didnt.
But at-least we finish our projects with in time unlike others whose 70s era projects r not yet in 2013 r good enough for their own army n AF.:lol:

according to a report from CIA, All those tank that would be sold within up coming 20 years, 60% from all those tanks will be Al-Khalid from Pakistan.
You mean all of them will be sold as scrap? :woot: :lol:

But seriously, I think the OP was talking about tanks of North East Asia. In the whole of Asia it would be the Arjun Mk II and AK-2.

I would say that the three "East Asian monsters", i.e. K-2, Type 10, Type 99A1, would come very close together. The K2, for example, sports a very effective fire control network, owing to its advanced thermal sensor and ballistics computer. The Type 99A1 sports probably the most powerful gun of all three, with muzzle velocity of 1780 m/s and the ability to fire DU munitions as well, and it also has a one-of-a-kind laser dazzler than can potentially turn the tables by blinding and disabling enemy optics from 10 km away. The Japanese tank features very advanced armor composition and is very lightweight, suitable for its C-2 transport plane.

Likewise, the three have disadvantages as well. The K-2 has flat frontal armor, which is very prone to penetration especially by DU rounds, and we do not know the current capabilities and defensive measures of the K-2. The Type 99A1 is very heavy, approaching 58 tons, and therefore its logistics will be very severely impacted. The Japanese Type 10 is not known to have active defense measures and next-generation soft-kill and hard-kill systems.

The tanks are suited for each country's terrain, doctrine, role, and usage. Each has their own advantages at the cost of other advantages; these changes make these vehicles a unique product in their place and gives them the supreme capabilities for the roles they are designed for.

K-2:
- Gun: 120 mm smoothbore (1750 m/s, 8000 m range, 15-20 rounds/min)
- Armor: ERA, NERA, composites
- Defense mechanisms: possible hard kill defense system, RWR/LWR, jammers
- Speed: 70 km/hr
- Mass: 55 tons
- Hp/ton: 27.2
- Suspension: in-arm

Type 99A1:
- Gun: 125 mm smoothbore (1780 m/s, unknown rage, 8 rounds/min)
- Armor: Al2O3, ERA, composites (sustains nine hits from 105 mm T-72 gun without damage)
- Defense mechanisms: laser dazzler, hard kill system, soft kill system, RWR/LWR, thermal jammer
- Speed: 80 km/hr
- Hp/ton: 28
- Mass: 58 tons
- Suspension: Torsion bar

Type 10:
- Gun: 120 mm smoothbore (1750 m/s, 8000 m range, unknown rate of fire)
- Armor: Nano crystal steel armor
- Defense mechanisms: jammers
- Mass: 43.2 tons
- Hp/ton: 27
- Suspension: hydro pneumatic

Here is some specs for Al-Khalid

- Gun: 125 mm smoothbore (Capable of firing AntiTank rounds , Anti Tank Missiles,DU rounds)
- Firing rate : Upto 8 rounds per minute with Autoloader.(Western fire-control system (FCS) and gun control system (GCS))
- Armor: modular composite armour and explosive reactive armour
- Defense mechanisms: APS with advanced laser detection system
- Speed: 72 km/hr
- Mass: 48 tons
- Hp/ton: 26
- Suspension: Torsion bars, hydraulic dampers

Where are Al.Khalid II will have alot of improvment from the current system as HIT with the help of other local companies are developing system for it. These system includes new form of armour and and APS .

Here are some more K2 pics:

k22.jpg

And here an example showing the dynamic chasis the K2 possesses:

K2_Black_Panther_main_battle_tank_South_Korean_Army_South_Korea_002.jpg

k2_10.jpg

defenceturkcomk214.jpg

I'm amazed. I heard that South Korea wants thousands of these tanks even though they are amazingly expensive.

I would say that the three "East Asian monsters", i.e. K-2, Type 10, Type 99A1, would come very close together. The K2, for example, sports a very effective fire control network, owing to its advanced thermal sensor and ballistics computer. The Type 99A1 sports probably the most powerful gun of all three, with muzzle velocity of 1780 m/s and the ability to fire DU munitions as well, and it also has a one-of-a-kind laser dazzler than can potentially turn the tables by blinding and disabling enemy optics from 10 km away. The Japanese tank features very advanced armor composition and is very lightweight, suitable for its C-2 transport plane.

Likewise, the three have disadvantages as well. The K-2 has flat frontal armor, which is very prone to penetration especially by DU rounds, and we do not know the current capabilities and defensive measures of the K-2. The Type 99A1 is very heavy, approaching 58 tons, and therefore its logistics will be very severely impacted. The Japanese Type 10 is not known to have active defense measures and next-generation soft-kill and hard-kill systems.

The tanks are suited for each country's terrain, doctrine, role, and usage. Each has their own advantages at the cost of other advantages; these changes make these vehicles a unique product in their place and gives them the supreme capabilities for the roles they are designed for.

K-2:
- Gun: 120 mm smoothbore (1750 m/s, 8000 m range, 15-20 rounds/min)
- Armor: ERA, NERA, composites
- Defense mechanisms: possible hard kill defense system, RWR/LWR, jammers
- Mass: 55 tons
- Hp/ton: 27.2
- Suspension: in-arm

Type 99A1:
- Gun: 125 mm smoothbore (1780 m/s, unknown rage, 8 rounds/min)
- Armor: Al2O3, ERA, composites (sustains nine hits from 105 mm T-72 gun without damage)
- Defense mechanisms: laser dazzler, hard kill system, soft kill system, RWR/LWR, thermal jammer
- Speed: 80 km/hr
- Hp/ton: 28
- Mass: 58 tons
- Suspension: Torsion bar

Type 10:
- Gun: 120 mm smoothbore (1750 m/s, 8000 m range, unknown rate of fire)
- Armor: Nano crystal steel armor
- Defense mechanisms: jammers
- Mass: 43.2 tons
- Hp/ton: 27
- Suspension: hydro pneumatic

Since I am into heavy powerful weaponry, I would pick the Type 99A1.

I'm amazed. I heard that South Korea wants thousands of these tanks even though they are amazingly expensive.

Commenly known as the most expensive tank in existence, Recognized by the guinnes world book of records :)

They will be producing roughly 400 of these if i am not mistaken, These Tanks are the latest state-of-the-art machine with Koreas latest and most advanced technology. The only downside is that it doesnt have sloped armor and the side armor of the tank is basicly thin cans. But i gues they compensate that with there APS Hard/Soft kill system and huge number of laser receivers.

The money they have with a strong economy and a compulsion to guard their land against China's naughty ally North Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom