What's new

Best Way to Send Money to Pakistan

insight-out

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I would like some feedback on the best way to send money to Pakistan, based on your experience, or word of mouth.

There are a number of factors that would be considered, including fees/charges, exchange rate, reliability, convenience, source country, and possibly others that I have not thought about.

From a quick google search, I found a few services, which included:
  • Skrill
  • Xoom - A PayPal Service
  • WorldRemit
  • TransferWise
  • Ria Money Transfer
  • Western Union
  • Regular bank to bank
Please share your feedback.

Shit, it might be a little suspicious. US has a quota and will be quick to arrest if they think you are funding certain groups.

I would like some feedback on the best way to send money to Pakistan, based on your experience, or word of mouth.

There are a number of factors that would be considered, including fees/charges, exchange rate, reliability, convenience, source country, and possibly others that I have not thought about.

• Skrill
  • WorldRemit
  • TransferWise
  • Ria Money Transfer
  • Western Union
  • Regular bank to bank

Bank to Bank are generally the best If relative in Pakistan have a bank account , fairly easy process

Western Union.
My friend needed a thing from pakistan.
So he asked me I.d number and name and phone.
He send me a pic of receipt of western union.
And told me to go. To nearest western union and take the pic with me with my mtn number.
And so I went there with my I'd and mtn number and get my money in 5 minutes.

https://www.nbp.com.pk/hrem/index.aspx

About Home Remittances

National Bank of Pakistan provides its Remittance Customers the facility to receive their remittances from a vast network of 1470+ branches across Pakistan. National Bank of Pakistan has remittance partners in every country and territory of the world, so no matter where you are in the world, you can send your remittances to your loved ones through National Bank of Pakistan by visiting one of our correspondent tie-up partner in your country.

We facilitate our customers in numerous ways for receiving funds in Pakistan. You can now receive cash (to be paid at NBP branches) or have your funds credited to your bank account without any hassle.

NBP offers:

• Unmatched outreach with over 1470+ branches spread across Pakistan.
  • Service Quality Assurance & Complaint handling team to handle customer inquiries with prompt response.
  • SMS alert facility to beneficiaries for Cash Collection and Credit to Account transactions
E-Remittance Tracking

http://www.pakpost.gov.pk/fri.php

https://www.nbp.com.pk/hrem/ForeeRemittanceAccount.aspx

Haven't used it personally, but it was launched some time ago, so I think there won't be any issues.

• Skrill
  • WorldRemit
  • TransferWise
  • Ria Money Transfer
  • Western Union
  • Regular bank to bank
If you have a bank account in the country of your residence, then I will say use transferwise. When you do that, use the cheapest option within transferwise. It takes 2 or may be 3 days, but money will land in the bank account in Pakistan.
Best thing is, you don't need to go anywhere, and it offers the best market rates. No hidden charges, and cheapest transfer charges.

Just encourage your relative to open a Bank Account there are many banks now in Pakistan which have low fees , no reason to use middle man for money transfer

The money comes directly to their account and they can check it from their online account no need to even go to any branch

• 24 hours to 48 hours transfer fairly simple

Go to your own bank ask them for International Wire Transfer

Just need to provide your Own Bank

> Recipient Info (Name / Account Number)
> Address
> Bank Name
> Bank Branch Address
> Country
> International Bank Code

• Very Straight forward process 8-)

First time when you are sending send a small amount like $5 dollar or $10 dollar to check if all the information is correct etc.

After you confirmed money went thru with no issue then send normal amount what your family needs in Pakistan

Last edited:
Most people Opt for other avenues , middle company , because they don't understand how simple the banking process is

• Bank to Bank is , super easy process

Best is to ask your relative to Setup a USD us dollar account and then send dollar to Pakistan or other approved foreign currency
:-):pakistan:

.....bribe a customs officer.
Pretty sure you'd need a model too.
That's if I want to get my money out of the country

Just encourage your relative to open a Bank Account there are many banks now in Pakistan which have low fees , no reason to use middle man for money transfer

The money comes directly to their account and they can check it from their online account no need to even go to any branch

• 24 hours to 48 hours transfer fairly simple

Go to your own bank ask them for International Wire Transfer

Just need to provide your Own Bank

> Recipient Info (Name / Account Number)
> Address
> Bank Name
> Bank Branch Address
> Country
> International Bank Code

• Very Straight forward process 8-)

First time when you are sending send a small amount like $5 dollar or $10 dollar to check if all the information is correct etc.

After you confirmed money went thru with no issue then send normal amount what your family needs in Pakistan
Does the recipient need a USD account, or would a regular PKR account do?

My family was leaving the country completely legally with barely $2000 cash we still had to bribe custom's officer. Whose face literally spelled jahanami.
Allah maaf kare. Touba.
:astagh::astagh:
That's if I want to get my money out of the country

Does the recipient need a USD account, or would a regular PKR account do?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom