What's new

Beware loan defaulters! Banks to publish photos in newspapers

mehboobkz

Reaction score
Country
India
Beware loan defaulters! Banks to publish photos in newspapers - Indian Express

Adopting a name and shame policy to make borrowers pay their dues, banks have decided to publish in newspapers photographs and details like names and addresses of wilful loan defaulters and market leader SBI has taken the lead in doing so.

Besides, banks would also publish photographs, names and addresses of guarantors of such defaulters in newspapers if the dues are not cleared within 15 days of the notice containing particulars of the original borrowers.

Some banks have also decided to prominently display the photographs and other details of the wilful loan defaulters at branches in the locality of such borrowers, a senior executive with a leading bank said.

Taking the lead, State Bank of India has begun publishing photographs and other particulars of such defaulters and has published one such public notice in newspapers for five defaulters in the national capital.

These persons had taken export credit loans of Rs three lakh each and their outstanding amounts were in the range of Rs 2.6 lakh to Rs 2.93 lakh.

Executives at many other banks said that they would also publish the photographs and other details of their wilful defaulters in local newspapers circulated in areas of

residence of such persons.

As per RBI's regulations, wilful defaulters are mostly those who are found to be engaged in deliberate non-payment of dues despite adequate cash flow and good networth.

Besides, banks can also classify defaulters as 'wilful' if the loans are utilised for purposes other than those previously stated, funds are siphoned off from the bank-financed activity, records are falsified, securities are disposed of without bank's knowledge and the borrower indulges in fraudulent transactions.

The reason why so many defaulters commit suicude in India.
Even more will do so after this...

Thats the reason why compound interest in totally forbidden in my religion....

Banks could be on thin ice here, and need to tread cautiously.They could have a lot to answer for with regard to customer confidentiality.

Can you please provide any source for the bold Part???:undecided:

good initiative.

ya,so many suicides in 1.2 billion

I agree with that ,This will only help to increase number of suicide due to loans .....

Banks could be on thin ice here, and need to tread cautiously.They could have a lot to answer for with regard to customer confidentiality.

Can you please provide any source for the bold Part???:undecided:

are you unaware about farmer suicides in India ? some people commit suicide as they fail to pay loan ,some try to pay by selling organs(Kidney) ,some go even worse (i dont wish to mention it here) many such incidents are happening in our country

farmer suicides in India have more to do with Monsanto and their BT cotten than loan defaults... please research about that

Thats part of our values growing up....debt is looked down upon
Defaulting on a debt is considered a shame on your family name and your self respect...(thats the line of thought of this old farmers)
Sometimes the debt is paltry sum of 20k that also which he took for the purpose of is Farming or in some case to wed off his daughter.

In west ,
shop for unneeded thing...bring out credit card ..swipe it.u are done
buy a big condo ..can't afford it ...get a subprime loan..
Can't pay back all the money u owe as a result of this
Simple solution
How to File Bankruptcy in the United States: 11 steps
file a chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy and government will take care of it

How?????????????????????????????????

US debt: how big is it and who owns it? | News | guardian.co.uk

Where Does the US Borrow Money From? | eHow.com

And they are the prime example of how a human life shld be ........Glamourous:hitwall:

Someone once said to me when i told him the above things

"World works in a funny way"

but i have difficulty in finding humour in it:usflag:

:alcoholic::drag:

farmer suicides in India have more to do with Monsanto and their BT cotten than loan defaults... please research about that

Monsanto ,BT cotton ,so called reforms of 90 all are reasons ,but the main villain is notice from the Bank ...debt plays its own role in farmer suicides ...

check tis news farmers are selling their organs to escape from debt trap .....
( Article Window )

with this new "Name and Shame" policy we can expect more and more news like these

Damn...................:D ...... we will see the same Photographs with different headings this time :pleasantry:

Back
Top Bottom