What's new

Bharat Ratna likely for Vajpayee, Subhash Bose, Dhyanchand , Malviya

TejasMk3

Reaction score
Country
India
Bharat Ratna likely for Vajpayee, Subhash Bose, Dhyanchand , Malviya - News Oneindia

New Delhi, Aug 10: The Narendra Modi government on Saturday is likely to confer the Bharat Ratna, the country's highest civilian honour, on more than one person on this Independence Day.The government reportedly ordered five Bharat Ratna medals from the Reserve Bank of India mint. Freedom fighters Subhash Chandra Bose and Madan Mohan Malviya, hockey legend Major Dhyanchand and former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee are likely to be honoured with the prestigious title. Modi, who contested from Varanasi in this year's Lok Sabha election besides Vadodara, had paid tributes to the Malviya in the run-up to the polls. He also referred to former prime minister Vajpayee in his pre-poll speeches often.

The Sangh Parivar has felt that freedom fighter Subhash Chandra Bose has not received his due. Bose, a radical leader of the Indian National Congress became its president in 1938-9 but was ousted after having differences with Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. He had escaped from India in 1940 after being put under house arrest and tried to join hands with other powers to take on the British power. However, he could not succeed in his efforts. Bose's plane reportedly crashed while heading to Taiwan though the mystery has remained unanswered all these years. In 1992, the then Congress-led government decided to Bharat Ratna Award posthumously on Bose sparked a controversy. Since Bose's death is still not confirmed, the word "posthumous" received a backlash and Bose's family refused to accept the award. The previous UPA government conferred the Bharat Ratna on two personalities this year, namely scientist Prof CNR Rao and former cricketer Sachin Tendulkar. Tendulkar became the first sportsperson to get the award although the decision to choose him over hockey legend Dhyanchand met with a controversy.

Bharat Ratna likely for Vajpayee, Subhash Bose, Dhyanchand , Malviya - News Oneindia

New Delhi, Aug 10: The Narendra Modi government on Saturday is likely to confer the Bharat Ratna, the country's highest civilian honour, on more than one person on this Independence Day.The government reportedly ordered five Bharat Ratna medals from the Reserve Bank of India mint. Freedom fighters Subhash Chandra Bose and Madan Mohan Malviya, hockey legend Major Dhyanchand and former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee are likely to be honoured with the prestigious title. Modi, who contested from Varanasi in this year's Lok Sabha election besides Vadodara, had paid tributes to the Malviya in the run-up to the polls. He also referred to former prime minister Vajpayee in his pre-poll speeches often.

The Sangh Parivar has felt that freedom fighter Subhash Chandra Bose has not received his due. Bose, a radical leader of the Indian National Congress became its president in 1938-9 but was ousted after having differences with Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. He had escaped from India in 1940 after being put under house arrest and tried to join hands with other powers to take on the British power. However, he could not succeed in his efforts. Bose's plane reportedly crashed while heading to Taiwan though the mystery has remained unanswered all these years. In 1992, the then Congress-led government decided to Bharat Ratna Award posthumously on Bose sparked a controversy. Since Bose's death is still not confirmed, the word "posthumous" received a backlash and Bose's family refused to accept the award. The previous UPA government conferred the Bharat Ratna on two personalities this year, namely scientist Prof CNR Rao and former cricketer Sachin Tendulkar. Tendulkar became the first sportsperson to get the award although the decision to choose him over hockey legend Dhyanchand met with a controversy.

Great news,Indian people should know that these people also had a part in our freedom struggle

There were more deserving people but these congressi goons made the Bharat Ratna a brookered award of Khoongress agenda... Example Gulzari lal nanda....
Add Khudi ram bose along all freedoms fighters who laid their life for this nation ....
Subhash Chandra n few others including Chandrasekhar azad , bhagat singh are above than thsese awards.... Name of these great soul are taken with full pride by all Indians not like Ghandhi-Nehru thief .....

Our Indian history is full of great patriots who gave their life for our current India.So instead of choosing and awarding out of them,this Govt. needs to work harder and make this nation a benchmark for others and Believe me this would be the best award and respect we can give to our fallen heroes.

I lost faith in Bharat Ratna after it was awarded to Sachin. No offense to Sachin. He deserves it, but giving it before Dyan Chand shocked me to my core. I lost the little respect I had on Manmohan and some good Congress leaders.

All these really deserve this honour.

Please add Bhagat singh in this list.

I was about to say that. But should be to Bhagat singh, Rajguru, Sukhdev and chandrashekhar Azad togather.

i don't think bharat ratna should be given to freedom fighters like bhagat singh & subhash chandra bose , they are above all this and especially after you give it to sachin , indira or rajiv .

Back
Top Bottom