What's new

Biden administration approves $4.2B F-16 sale to Jordan

cant they buy 16 x F22 for that price ?
Sure, if the production hadn't ended a decade back.

No wait, the F-22 was also one of the things that the US didn't even want to sell to their closest ally - !srael.

Lol, no BVR?
Not sure whether you doing this on purpose or not but JORDAN has BVR..

Amraams
1644000509133-png.813259

YOU can see the list of all the countries that operate Amraams - Jordan is officially listed

Last edited:
16 jets for 402 billion is vry expensive even uae got 80 afale very cheap in 16 billion

Bad choice king of jordan

Rafale would have been better choice

That to but still that's a hefty price tag for 16 frames; not just that how they funding it with a crap economy
Once GE engineering staffer who worked as a contractor with USAF and than in mid- east told me. He himself was shocked to learn that they are charging Habibis upto 8 times even on nut and bolt for defense equipment.

Here is what I know.

The first Test Aircraft will rollout sometime later this year.

Flighting Testing next year (2023).

And launch customer (Bahrain) to receive theirs by 2024.

Judging by the number of customers already in the que, I don't see Jordan seeing any new Vipers for atleast 6-7 Years.

There has been some discussion going on about Jordan & not ordering BVR's. Its clear as day that they already have AMRAAMS (Aim-120), but what's really interesting is that they haven't decided if they're going for the Block 70 or the Block 72.

According to the Press Release by the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA), it states:
"twenty-one (21) F100-GE-129D engines or F100-PW229EEP engines (16 installed, 5 spares)".

Sure, if the production hadn't ended a decade back.

No wait, the F-22 was also one of the things that the US didn't even want to sell to their closest ally - !srael.
Japan too attempted to purchase but US Congress passed a law when F-22 first got deployed to not to sell it to any country.

As for this money: this is probably money coming from the US so they can inflate it to whatever amount. There is no way the Jordanian economy can support this sort of purchase.

Back
Top Bottom