What's new

Biden poised to recognise Armenian genocide as Turkey left without friends

Not to offend anyone, but is there any solid evidence of Turkish atrocities in Armenia. ( sorry, I haven't done any research yet)

Just baffles me as to why the Biden admin would so publicly $iss off Turkey right now. There seems like a pattern of self-righteousness, no doubt some of which has roots in the 'progressive' and 'liberal' segments of the Democratic Party which must be feeling empowered right now in what can be called a Honeymoon Period. A Euphoria of power.
But these progressive/liberals are dead-silent over America's very poisonous role in the destruction of Libya just because it was under a Democratic President. And all the while blaming GW Bush for the invasion of Iraq--an act in which these same hypocritical Democratic Congressmen/Senators overwhelmingly supported the invasion of Iraq.
PS. Joe Biden has already poisoned the water with Russia by Joe publicly agreeing to call Putin a 'killer'. I guess these ideological-overreach is not far from Trump's often destructive blunt Tweets.

talking about it in public on every podium hurts anyone, how about immigrants locked up with children separated, murder of millions of innocent Iraqis, abu gharaid prison, situation of blacks in America, even today natives are locked up in reservations...its hurts when everyone start talking about it once again.
Out side of the reservations, which you seem to not know much about, the rest are valid things you can and should be talking about, regardless of whatever dispute that the US has with Turkey or China.

These issues shouldn't just be brought up as a political tool, but because its the right thing to do.

This is why I get criticized all the time on the forum, because I keep calling out such events from multiple countries that have members here.

Lausanne Treaty is not an ending deal. And the USA is not a party to this agreement.

Lausanne is like a "Document of Title" of Turkey and basically it is the acceptance of the Turkish victory.

Besides border agreements, there are quite complex and detailed sub-work areas such as the law of obligations and population exchange. This agreement technically protects the Muslim Turkish minority also in Greece. Greece's violation of the agreement is another matter of debate.

However, it could not solve some critical sub-work areas such as the Mosul problem, Hatay problem, the islands which sovereignty has not been transferred, and the straits problem. While some problems such as the Mosul problem were solved with the agreements made in the following years, there are still problems that cannot be resolved or the other party ignores the terms of the agreement. Turkey's objections relate to this framework in general.
The only problem from a neutral perspective I've seen is these ilsamists is, hiding behind religion...

I was just listening to Aljazeera report on this.

The President Erdogan spokesman made a lot of sense. He said back in 2005, Turkey offered a joint commission of history experts from Britain, Armenia, France and Turkey to sit togethr and sift through archives to establish genocide. He also said such antics from West calling out genocide when its not even established, makes it difficult for Turkey and Armenia to normalize relations. He said that to establish that genocide did take place, an international court order is needed which is made after thorough investigation. This in the case of Rwanda and Srebrenica, was established by international court that genocide did take place.

Armenian genocide on the other hand, is an Armenian claim supported by personal accounts of Christian missionaries working at that time in erstwhile Ottoman Empire.

Britain saw this as an opportunity to accelerate inevitable breakup of the Ottoman Empire to extend its sphere of influence in Middle East with its eyes on strategic oil reserves and with its Christian Zionist political combine working to establish a Jewish state in the region.

It was this opportunity that compelled Britain and its allies in Europe like France to use Armenian genocide as a propaganda tool against Ottomans to demonize them and portray them as villains in the eyes of their public. In those days in mid 1910s, books were written and movies were made in Britain about Armenian genocide to make public opinion favourable for subsequent actions in Middle East.

Most recent parallel is in the war against Iraq where possession of non-existent weapons of mass destruction was made into a propaganda tool. Western governments and their media lied about those weapons for good 12 years and opponents were portrayed as Saddam sympathizers. This helped in an illegal occupation and destruction of Iraq. Like declining US now, Britain was an Imperial power in decline with its short term interests driving its policies.

The problem is, since we dont learn from history, we keep repeating mistake of believing the West's narrative on everything.

The US official position comes at a time when Turkey seems to be exercising its right to pick and choose its partners and going out of sphere of American influence, at least this is how it looks to us. If US objective was to punish Turkey diplomatically to fall in line, it will have an exact opposite effect.
Brother can you please provide the link!

Back
Top Bottom