What's new

Bill introduced in US House to freeze all aid to Pakistan

Really Good move. Should be done immediately.

India would oppose any such move because this may very well put an end to its own transit aid from Pakistan.

zardari_manmohan_20090608.jpg

NO Sanctions can be imposed as long free transit aid to bharatis and Afghans is flowing with pace of light.

Hell both countries cannot even pay the cost of roads damaged and traffic congestion and as per my calculation only the cost of strategic route exceeds many trillion dollars, which both states would like to continue exploiting.

All the fuss is about wanting more i.e. GAWADAR / Baluchistan.

Therefore expect problems for China (in general), specially to all routes leading to China and this also put Pakistan navy as the first target in this war of Tussle for the strategic route.

Are you getting AzadPakistan to write your posts now ???

US wants two flavors in one ticket. at one side they want Pakistan to be an escape goat and on other they want Pakistan to facilitate its honorable withdrawal from Afghan quagmire. now either they can blame us for their failures and threaten us or they can have Pakistan's help and cooperation in Honorable with drawl from Afghanistan and settling Afghan crisis. our leadership have to tell them that they have to choose only one option. Pakistan is neither Cambodia or Laos nor Iraq or Afghanistan.

Pakistan should welcome the cancellation of the aid but take up strong protest to the wording issued.

Also can we cut Nato's supply - now?

a big chunk of this so called aid is paid to the foreign staff/ contractors who are deputed to "watch over" the spend. And while performing their “selfless” duties they need security of VVIP , accommodation, transport and living conditions that they enjoy back home which comes at a price taken out of the “aid package”. As for the salaries of the contractors. some estimates put it at astounding 50% just like the debt servicing takes the big slice off the loans given by the IMF and world bank so what you see is only 63 to 70% of the approved loan.
whatever remains with in the aid is then mostly wasted to corruption and mismanagement and we are mostly left with the sign boards and/ or offices and memories of the conferences and media briefings.

I wonder if anyone of you even remembers an American report where the similar development work in Afghanistan only saw any progress in some areas after the American tax money was spent in the form of “protection money” to the Taliban in order to get an all clear for building things like dispensaries or water works.

So in short, as far as the general population of Pakistan is concerned there is not much loss. It’s the Pakistani government that is responsible for their wellbeing not Americans. Also, the so called army aid is also exaggerated and a myth. The Aeroplanes including transport, surveillance and jets are all paid for by Pakistani money and the NATO support fund was for using the port facilities, warehouses and bases and even that was partly given up by the military to the government to run itself and meet its expenditures and financial obligations.

The only losers here are the foreign contractors with their inflated salaries and the political leadership that took its cuts from this “aid”. Any American money should only be spent for the betterment of the American population which is taking the brunt of the recession. But if the American administration thinks that paying kick backs and buying favours in the foreign countries has priority over the needs of its own people in these difficult times then it has some explaining to do to its voters and taxpayers.

Zardari in a Hindu mode? is it not haram in Islam ?

I am reffering to his photo where he joins both hands in hindustani way.

Zardari in a Hindu mode? is it not haram in Islam ?

I am reffering to his photo where he joins both hands in hindustani way.

With the smell of fresh US dolalrs, Zardari can be in any mode.... you wish.

zardari-cameron.jpg

And please.. don't troll with Haram Halal...

WASHINGTON: A key American lawmaker from Texas has introduced a resolution in the House of Representative to freeze all US aid to Pakistan.

The House Resolution (No HR 3013) if passed will freeze all US aid to Pakistan with the exception of funds that are designated to help secure nuclear weapons.

"Since the discovery of Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad, Pakistan has proven to be disloyal, deceptive and a danger to the United States," Congressman Ted Poe said in a statement after tabling the resolution in the House on Friday.

"This so-called ally continues to take billions in US aid, while at the same time supports the militants who attack us.

"The United States must immediately freeze all aid to Pakistan," said Poe, who is a member of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs.

Pakistan has made it "painfully obvious" that they will continue their policy of "duplicity and deceit" by pretending to be US ally in the war on terror while simultaneously promoting violent extremism, the Congressman said.

According Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, just this month the Pakistani government supported the groups who were behind both the truck bomb attack that wounded more than 70 US and Nato Troops and the attack on the US Embassy, Poe said.
The resolution has been sent to the house foreign affairs Committee for necessary action.

It is only after this key Congressional committee approves the resolution that it will be sent to the House of Representatives.

Notably only a few resolutions enter the House of Representatives.

Bill introduced in US House to freeze all aid to Pakistan - The Times of India

Please move/merge the thread to the appropriate section/thread if needed..!!
I guess infact we are not getting any aid so what they going to freeze?
:woot:

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Pakistan should welcome the cancellation of the aid but take up strong protest to the wording issued.

I guess we shold if we need to....umm

I think America can stop this aid which they black mail us with...and Pakistan stop all NATO supply lines, transit permissions and airspace permissions to America. If Americans don't respect our decisions and try to show off their might by attacking our planes or air defense, we respond in kind to them in Afghanistan, many lives will be lost but so will Americans. Draw them into the battle.

In addition, Pakistan should also have a plan of action for the consequences, such as the financial impacts etc.

a big chunk of this so called aid is paid to the foreign staff/ contractors who are deputed to "watch over" the spend. And while performing their “selfless” duties they need security of VVIP , accommodation, transport and living conditions that they enjoy back home which comes at a price taken out of the “aid package”. As for the salaries of the contractors. some estimates put it at astounding 50% just like the debt servicing takes the big slice off the loans given by the IMF and world bank so what you see is only 63 to 70% of the approved loan.
whatever remains with in the aid is then mostly wasted to corruption and mismanagement and we are mostly left with the sign boards and/ or offices and memories of the conferences and media briefings.

I wonder if anyone of you even remembers an American report where the similar development work in Afghanistan only saw any progress in some areas after the American tax money was spent in the form of “protection money” to the Taliban in order to get an all clear for building things like dispensaries or water works.

So in short, as far as the general population of Pakistan is concerned there is not much loss. It’s the Pakistani government that is responsible for their wellbeing not Americans. Also, the so called army aid is also exaggerated and a myth. The Aeroplanes including transport, surveillance and jets are all paid for by Pakistani money and the NATO support fund was for using the port facilities, warehouses and bases and even that was partly given up by the military to the government to run itself and meet its expenditures and financial obligations.

The only losers here are the foreign contractors with their inflated salaries and the political leadership that took its cuts from this “aid”. Any American money should only be spent for the betterment of the American population which is taking the brunt of the recession. But if the American administration thinks that paying kick backs and buying favours in the foreign countries has priority over the needs of its own people in these difficult times then it has some explaining to do to its voters and taxpayers.

A person working in Customs at Karachi Port Qasim told me that each NATO container costs 12,000 $ to transport to Afghanistan.

Out of that 5000$ are paid to warlords and taliban so they don't blow them up on the highway from Karachi......no wonder we hardly see any attacks taking place in Sindh or Punjab.

In addition, Pakistan should also have a plan of action for the consequences, such as the financial impacts etc.

Financial impacts? I wonder if the $$ the USA gave us had that special luminous paint on it that every-time someone touched it we could see where it was ending up
As regards to financial impact this $$ genuinely never enters the Pakistani markets hence i believe the impact would be very little. The consensus of opinion with my friends is this will stimulate our economy and wake up our nation. Our natural allies will trade with us and im sure we would be competitive in the international markets

USA is our enemy and they will never stop this bloody aid because this aid can destroy pakistan in future even now this AID is destroying pakistan .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom