What's new

BJP chief claims English bad for India, triggers outrage

Ahhh .... but you did claim spokesman-ship for the Dalits and you were happy wearing that hat till you were caught doing that.

Casteism is decided by what is in the mind....what else is there ? ...is it decided by blood tests ?

Sanskrit does not have to be rammed down anybody's throat.........it will be gladly accepted. As for the 'minority' few who does not accept it ........ deal with that firmly.

If it is gladly accepted, there is no point to this discussion, is there? This relates to imposition, not acceptance.

As for dealing with "that firmly", no end to wet dreams.:lol:.

Historically, what develops somewhere is decided by a number of factors. The U.S. was a new country with no inherent history by itself(for the immigrants) even if the people had their own. My point is simple. Given what we know of the cultural & linguistic emphasis of many Indians, it would be foolish & counter-productive to go down that path. Mind you, it was tried and met with resistance. The resistance was what made people back off. Contrary to what a few here say, it was quite severe in places & that resentment is sometimes held even to this day. Some things don't work & spending too much energy & political capital on what might fail & cause disharmony, especially when an alternative exists, is very unwise. Doesn't matter what other countries have managed, sometimes it works & other times, it doesn't. This has worked for India, however imperfectly and in the end that is what matters

What about Britain, Germany, France, Spain, etc? All these countries had a large number of native languages, and chose one as the official language.

It's not like there was no resistance? There was plenty of resistance, Hell there is still a Basque separatist movement in the area between France and Spain, and until recently they were responsible for a large amount of violence in that region.

Everything meets resistance. That doesn't mean it is necessarily a bad thing, a lot of good reforms met an enormous amount of resistance too. In fact, all changes meet resistance, regardless of whether the change is good or bad.

people think kannada is close to telugu bcoz of the similarities in scripts.they have a relation coz both are dravidian but kannada is directly born out of tamil somewhere around 2000AD while telugu was born out of proto dravidian.i

2000 A.D.? I have been speaking Kannada longer than that.:lol: Not born out of tamil either. Share the same base.

Refusal to accept any other Indian language (pan India) would be the main one. Everything else from that.

but i am more than sure ppl will accept sanskrit.few dalit organisations may shout for publicity but majority of dalits will be ok with it.but now it is too late to make sanskrit a national language.if they wanted they could have made it during independence(that too with english).it would be foolish to entertain any such idea now. we can promote sans though

If it is gladly accepted, there is no point to this discussion, is there? This relates to imposition, not acceptance.

As for dealing with "that firmly", no end to wet dreams.:lol:.

Are you under the impression that this is a Govt. of India forum which is frequented by Ministers and bureaucrats and discussions here will result in immediate implementation ? :lol:

Existing culture and language root cannot be 'imposed' it can only be 'Re-Introduced'. Again mischief mongering from you. As to the medium of reintroduction ........compulsory school education is a reasonable way forward.

2000 A.D.? I have been speaking Kannada longer than that.:lol: Not born out of tamil either. Share the same base.

i am sorry mate.i was about to say 2000 yrs back.i am on mobile i cant share links but i can vouch for the fact that kannada is born out of tamil.

Anyways I don't think I have enough knowledge to discuss on this with a Chinese member. So :wave:

You have not even shown enough knowledge to discuss with Indian members .............no need to advertise your lack of knowledge. People have already drawn their own conclusion Akram.

Btw, the BJP leader was protesting about westernisation, something that most countries of SE Asia, China, Japan etc are not immune to. If anything, they have been influenced more than most Indians.

China and Japan are good examples of modernization without westernization.

The model India is following under Gandhi family rule can be termed as the "Haiti" model of Papa Doc and Baby Doc.

You have not even shown enough knowledge to discuss with Indian members .............no need to advertise your lack of knowledge. People have already drawn their own conclusion Akram.

Count your time here.... Sonny!! And keep dancing... people are enjoying. :D

Count your days here.... Sonny!! And keep dancing... people are enjoying. :D

:angel: ........I have no idea what you are talking about Akram. You have already admitted to your lack of knowledge and I agree with your assessment .....what is the problem ? :D

:angel: ........I have no idea what you are talking about Akram.

Don't pressurize your brain sonny. No need to have idea now. You'll get to know in due time. Till that time keep entertaining people !! :devil:

English does not even have adequate vocabulary for Hindu ideas . Rather, the Danger of us being contaminated and straight jacketed into their peculiar concepts and terminologies is very high and real. So, we have Lord Rama, Lord Shiva and even Hindus use these words freely. What is all this about lords?? Does it really correspond to the Sanskrit meaning and can a person ,who has no knowledge of Indian languages, ever hope to approach the correct context? Does Karma or Moksha have the same meaning in English as in our religious texts?

If you read the Upanishads in Sanskrit, you will understand that it is impossible to transfer its subtle philosophy to the English translation... does not even come close. Read the Griffith translation of the Vedas and note how absurd it reads.

Are you familiar with Rajiv Malhotra's thoughts regarding non-translatable Indic concepts. He suggests that Sanskrit terms be used in English rather than attempting to translate. That has already happened to an extent, but much more can be done.

Are you familiar with Rajiv Malhotra's thoughts regarding non-translatable Indic concepts. He suggests that Sanskrit terms be used in English rather than attempting to translate. That has already happened to an extent, but much more can be done.

......that is exactly what he too is saying. You are both in agreement here. .................Rajiv Malhotra is almost like the Shankaracharya of the new age.

Aray pappu ......dont be such a 'Puppy' ...........why are a throwing empty threats like a coward ?

I did agree with you that you have no knowledge ......why are you so frustrated ? :devil:

Ah your back, did mommy let you out of your cot to play? Hope you brought your jibberish dictionary with you.

i am sorry mate.i was about to say 2000 yrs back.i am on mobile i cant share links but i can vouch for the fact that kannada is born out of tamil.

There is language tree posted earlier. Look at it. Same base, not out of.

Back
Top Bottom