What's new

BJP chief claims English bad for India, triggers outrage

sorry .i just now checked the map in one of the books i have and it says both tamil and kannada were born out of proto south dravidian.according to that theory kannada was born out of proto south dravidian and not tamil.but my research also says tht tamil is the only language which is closest to even proto dravidian .so according to tht theory tamil is the mother of kannada since proto drav=tamil

Difficult to agree. There is little basis for that reasoning. We have to stick with what is agreed by most which would be the tree that is referred to. The rest is all simply more language chauvinism.

650px-ClassDravidian.png

Difficult to agree. There is little basis for that reasoning. We have to stick with what is agreed by most which would be the tree that is referred to. The rest is all simply more language chauvinism.

What is the original source for the langage tree you have posted ?

650px-ClassDravidian.png

ok .wait a minute i will be back

Which is exactly my point. Studies by British 'Indologists' are as credible as Aryan Invasion Theory.

Not the same. There is an alternate theory put forth in that case. I'm not aware of one in this case.

the book which i have is written by bhadri raju krishnamurti who was an eminent personality in linguistics.according to him kannada and tamil started splitting from south proto around 500 bc.but there is a flaw in this theory.tholkappiyam which was written around 100 AD was a book on tamil grammar which means the word tamizh was already there for a language and which also means it has significant literature prior to that(i read somewhere infact tholkappiyam even mentions some of the grammarians)

so in just 500 years you cant have a language that has developed to that stage from nowhere.so what they called south proto dravidian was nothing but ancient tamil.kannada over a period of time lost its connection to that old tamil while tamil has retained it thru literature(both tamil and kannada have an entirely diff written and spoken languages unlike telugu and malayalam)

Not the same. There is an alternate theory put forth in that case. I'm not aware of one in this case.

There was an alternative to the AIT because INDIANS researched it and rubbished the british version of History.

The same was NEVER done for Language Studies..........hence the AIT equivalent of linguistics continues to be pushed by armchair scholars.

I ask again ...........what is the original source for your language tree ?

There was an alternative to the AIT because INDIANS researched it and rubbished the british version of History.

The same was NEVER done for Language Studies..........hence the AIT equivalent of linguistics continues to be pushed by armchair scholars.

Don't know much about South Indian linguistic theory but wouldn't it be intimately linked to AIT and should need a substantial revision now.

the source is bishop cardwell and emeneau

murray banson emeneau was a great linguist and was the guru of bhadri raju krishnamurti

One can't be creative or innovate in a foreign language . The thought process is sluggish and you are always confused on the language bit rather than the job at hand.You will always remain the second best. Period.

Its humongous near impossible task to achieve to create an educated society learn in foreign language .

We have ended up mostly with half literate intellectuals with hardly original idea.

We have ended up mostly with half literate engineers and scientists passing out of our universities.

Way too much energy is needed to be spend on learning English sapping our stamina for ground breaking R&D leaving us with a mindset where subconsciously we for certification from the west.

Just like Pakistan is suffering from religious and spiritual hegemony of the Arab and middle east .

India is suffering from language hegemony of the native English speaking world.

Don't know much about South Indian linguistic theory but wouldn't it be intimately linked to AIT and should need a substantial revision now.

no not all.infact it proves that there were two language families existed in india which were entirely different.any tom and dick who knows basic grammar of south and hindi languages can tell you tht they are not related.either sanskrit or proto dravi came to ind from outside and i think it is sanskrit

It certainly would be ....that is the whole point.

the source is bishop cardwell and emeneau

murray banson emeneau was a great linguist and was the guru of bhadri raju krishnamurti

Thank you for proving my point.

no not all.infact it proves that there were two language families existed in india which were entirely different.any tom and dick who knows basic grammar of south and hindi languages can tell you tht they are not related. either sanskrit or proto dravi came to ind from outside and i think it is sanskrit

:lol: .............thank you again for proving AIT is closely linked to language studies.

BTW there is NO reason to assume 2 or More languages cannot stem from the same country.

The tribal language of Gond has no grammar link to either sanskrit or Tamil. :angel:

One can't be creative or innovate in a foreign language . The thought process is sluggish and you are always confused on the language bit rather than the job at hand.You will always remain the second best. Period.

Not true ... For example, in the US, many of the best scientists and engineers are not native English speakers.

Back
Top Bottom