What's new

Blasphemy Laws: Minorities to launch campaign

LOL where do you get your news from ?

The old hag ran away from India a fugitive from our law unwilling to face the legal consequences for the cases that were filed against him in accordance with the Constitution of India. He could have just apologized for his mistakes and returned home but he did not repent, he did not apologize for hutrting the sentiments of Hindus and got his just desserts.

If someone tomorrow paints mohammed nude, I will protest them also. I am not a fanatic in that case. I want others to respect every one's religions.

MF Hussain Controversies | MF Hussain passes away| MF Hussain Controversies| MF Hussain London hospital| MF Hussain death| MF Hussain paintings
MF Hussain: The legacy of painting India - Features - Al Jazeera English

http://www.theindiadaily.com/the-legendary-and-controversial-artist-mf-hussain-dies-at-96/

It was unfortunate that his house was attacked by Bajrang Dal activists. The people responsible were arrested. He stayed on despite that because a large part of Urban India acknowledged his right of expression. However Indian constitution does include a statute against hurting sentiments of a community. A case was filed against him for hurting Hindu sentiments (heck, there was even a case filed by the "Telli comunity" for mention of the word "telli" in the film Kaminey". A non-bailable warrant was issued and when he did not return to India he was technically absconding from law.

Coming back to the topic of discussion, this kind of law though still misused seems better than the blasphemy law.

great , the minorities should get out on the streets to protest this med-evil law , this law should be completely abolished

And I think the moderate Muslim population of Pakistan should join them. It not only targets the minorities, but also damages the real muslims who abide by the the tolerant and peace loving nature of true Islam

Blasphemy Law is part of Islam but the law should be amended and it should be amended such that people who are unaware of the law should be given a chance.
- - A more better version of the law that I once heard is that; Those people are punishable by this law, who are in a habit of abusing the Prophet.

His gate was broken and some flower pots destroyed.The protesters were arrested and charged with criminal cases.

Still it doesn't justify this old hag turning a fugitive and running from his country to escape the law. If his conscience was clear he would have stayed, fought his case in courts and cleared his name. He did not implying his conscience was dark.I have no respect for any absconders from law..

Law are meant to protect and not to harm. From my limited reading on the Prophet of Islam (PBUH) , he was one of the most merciful and wisest men who lived. His teachings were meant to create an atmosphere of toleration and not hatred. Like Krsna' of the Gita, he condoned fighting for what is just but nonetheless set down standards for warfare. He was not some ego-centric brutal dictator who demanded absolute loyalty. Instead he urgend followers of Islam to live in his image which meant his pious lifestyle dedicated to good and to God. Muslims who mis-interpret the words and teachings of the Prophet of God (PBUH) are doing themselves a disfavour. The Blasphemy Laws of Pakistan should be amended to meet the requirements of the words of the Prophet and not to instil a climate of fear amongst the minorities or its mis-use for revenge by some aggrieved person. Until then it does no service to the Prophets of God whom it is meant to serve. It instead insults their very mission during their lifetime

Blasphemy Law is part of Islam but the law should be amended and it should be amended such that people who are unaware of the law should be given a chance.
- - A more better version of the law that I once heard is that; Those people are punishable by this law, who are in a habit of abusing the Prophet.

Blasphemy law, if at all should be only applicable to Muslims who are supposed to know the details of Islam. If Islam has no relevance in my life since i practice a different religion, then I should not be required to know the details of that religion just to ensure that by mistake i do not end up disrespecting any part of it and end up getting killed for that..

Alternately Pakistan should declare that only Muslims are allowed to live in Pakistan..

Blasphemy law, if at all should be only applicable to Muslims who are supposed to know the details of Islam. If Islam has no relevance in my life since i practice a different religion, then I should not be required to know the details of that religion just to ensure that by mistake i do not end up disrespecting any part of it and end up getting killed for that..

Alternately Pakistan should declare that only Muslims are allowed to live in Pakistan..

Why?? Why are the people in so much need to insult the Prophet. People in Pakistan are allowed to live according to their wishes but that does not give them the right to insult the Prophet.

It is very much clear in the Quran every Ulema has said it for us JESUS is the greatest PROPHET sir for us to be a Muslim it is must that we believe that JESUS is one of the greatest PROPHET if we don't do it we at that very moment become a Non Muslim and as other false GODS Quran is clear we are not allowed to make fun of them

Quaran says many a good thing.

What does the Pakistan Huddood Law say?

That is more important in today's life, especially since it is applicable to the minorities.

Why are you prevaricating like a good politician?

Why?? Why are the people in so much need to insult the Prophet. People in Pakistan are allowed to live according to their wishes but that does not give them the right to insult the Prophet.

No one wants to insult anyone.

And why should they?

However, since it is so loosely applied, it is used as a weapon by some Muslims to settle scores.

This is an established fact.

However, since it is so loosely applied, it is used as a weapon by some Muslims to settle scores.

And I am not denying that. As I mentioned in my earlier post; the law must be amended and the better version of the law is that A person who is in a habit of doing this must be punished.

We are not in the middle ages anymore and such laws are appealing only to people from the lower economic strata or backward areas. Such kind of thinking holds back a community.
Killing a person is barbaric, even if that person is an idiot with a big mouth. There is nothing more inhuman than taking another human's life, no matter which religion you belong to. Supporting such things brings a bad reputation to not just one's self and family but also to one's religion. It does not reflect too well on the society.
I refuse to believe that a country like Pakistan with all it's educated class cannot come up with a suitable alternative.
Sorry Sir but Islam doesn't agree with you in Islam anyone who commits blashmey his punishment is Death also anyone who murders a innocent person his punishment is also death and in some other cases to punishment is DEATH and as ISLAM is from GOD sir its nor Barbaric its justice

And why should they?

Sir many want to insult just to create trouble and hurt other feelings which we will not allow

And I think the moderate Muslim population of Pakistan should join them. It not only targets the minorities, but also damages the real muslims who abide by the the tolerant and peace loving nature of true Islam

Sir Tolerance in Islam has a limit not everything can be tolerated in Islam

What was the business of that non-Muslim to call such name to Islamic prophet when Muslim place him after Allah. Non-Muslim should be aware of the conciseness and consider the sentiment of people. Blasphemy law or no law, that teacher will be punish by the people whenever they can get hold of him. He deserve it.

Dont go crying when some rednecks gets a hold of you reading namaz in their backyard. That day is coming soon with the likes of people like you generating like a virus. If you are free to say whatever you want and not get harassed, then that is also what other humans expect in return as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom