What's new

Blast in Pune

Status
Not open for further replies.
already a thread on the topic.. Mods , request you to merge please..

As someone who is familiar with german bakery AND cafe leopold, let me tell you this, the only remarkable thing abt these two places is that they are frequented by foreigners. other than than these places are not plush, are not of any economic / prestige / historic value - one and only one thing - presence of foreigners.

Hence attacking these totally unremarkable places has only one motive - to kill foreigners. anyone calling it mere speculation is clearly worried that western powers don't give two hoots abt the 'plausible deniability' when their own citizens are killed.

Gazzi, I don't think allegations of Indian mistreatment of Muslims is the issue. After 26/11 Indian Muslims clearly showed their opinion of the Mumbai attackers by refusing to bury the dead ones.

Rather, I think this is more a Pakistan issue: "helping" "freedom fighters" who are Pakistani inventions. Gazzi, you have got to get over the glory-seeking thing, and try to help your countrymen do the same. Even if you believe in it, you probably have the intellect to realize that not every generation has the opportunities of previous generations.

Furthermore, is it always desirable to work to create the conditions to seek glory? Pakistan has been down that road before - several times. Each time Pakistan lost territory, population, wealth, and dignity. Must you follow in the paths of your fathers?

Pakistan and India should understand logic behind these blast. Whenever talk began something happens to derail talks.Not only Pakistan has these type of elements, Indian political parties also providing refuge these type of elements.

I agree, however upto 'maybe'.

But my question is what can Indians or Pakistanis or both India + Pakistan do in this regard to eliminate terrorism?

My pain is not only for innocent people dying in terrorist attacks in India, but also those from Pakistan who die in this heinous acts.

---deleted--

Last edited:
I agree, however upto 'maybe'.

But my question is what can Indians or Pakistanis or both India + Pakistan do in this regard to eliminate terrorism?

My pain is not only for innocent people dying in terrorist attacks in India, but also those from Pakistan who die in this heinous acts.
That's problem in democracy. When some one try to make govt in central, ones has to shake hand with some disliked elements to get votes in assembly. I would call it a democratic flaw. It lies in both Pak and Indian democracy system. Its extremely hard to eliminate the hard line parties. How to corner them, thats another issue.

Gazzi, I don't think allegations of Indian mistreatment of Muslims is the issue. After 26/11 Indian Muslims clearly showed their opinion of the Mumbai attackers by refusing to bury the dead ones.

Rather, I think this is more a Pakistan issue: "helping" "freedom fighters" who are Pakistani inventions. Gazzi, you have got to get over the glory-seeking thing, and try to help your countrymen do the same. Even if you believe in it, you probably have the intellect to realize that not every generation has the opportunities of previous generations.

Furthermore, is it always desirable to work to create the conditions to seek glory? Pakistan has been down that road before - several times. Each time Pakistan lost territory, population, wealth, and dignity. Must you follow in the paths of your fathers?

Pardon me for being naive!!!
But, why do I love reading posts from this guy, S-2, Gambit etc?
It's because unlike most members, their answers are short, upto the point and backed by proof and reasoning.

That's problem in democracy. When some one try to make govt in central, ones has to shake hand with some disliked elements to get votes in assembly. I would call it a democratic flaw. It lies in both Pak and Indian democracy system. Its extremely hard to eliminate the hard line parties. How to corner them, thats another issue.

Haider, cannot India help Pakistan in its war against terrorism?
I am sure India can. Even Americans come to Vairengte for training in Counterinsurgency and Jungle Warfare.

Just ask, and thou shall receive.

Almost as per Headley script? Near Osho, next to Jewish Chabad House
Raghvendra Rao , Ritu Sarin
Sunday , Feb 14, 2010 at 0420 hrs New Delhi:

As the Centre rushed a team of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) and forensic experts from the CBI to investigate the Pune blast, the probe is being guided by two facts: one, the very neighbourhood in which German Bakery is, was on the surveillance list of Lashkar suspect David Coleman Headley and, two, the Indian Mujahideen has a strong base in the city.

Headley first visited the Osho Ashram in Pune on July 24, 2008. Union Home Secretary G K Pillai, in fact, today referred to that saying that the Osho Ashram — just yards away from the blast site — was surveyed by Headley and that the Maharashtra Police had been alerted by the Multi Agency Centre (MAC) about this on October 12, 2009.

Coming 11 days before India and Pakistan engage in Foreign Secretary-level talks, the re-emergence of the Headley connection to today’s blast has complicated the environment before the talks. While the Congress chose a guarded response in saying that continuance of talks was for the government to decide upon, the Opposition BJP made it clear that terror and talks could not go hand in hand.

“I am deeply distressed,” said Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, who was visiting his constituency in Tamil Nadu and is likely to take the flight to Pune on Sunday.

Indian investigators have established:

* During his visit to the Osho Ashram, Headley took a pass to attend a meditation session on July 25, 2008, but eventually did not use the pass. The Chabad House (a Jewish Community Centre) located near the bakery is on the list of Lashkar targets provided to Indian security agencies in October 2009 by international agencies.

* Headley again visited Osho Ashram on March 16, 2009 and entered the premises with a one-day entry pass. During this visit, he stayed in Room No 202 of Hotel Surya Villa in Koregaon Park from 6.50 pm on March 16 to 8 am on March 17, 2009.

* While checking out, he cleared Rs 1,248 as his hotel bill in cash and made no phone calls from the hotel. Hotel Surya Villa, too, is located close to the scene of today’s blast.

* One of the items recovered from the suitcase, which Headley left behind at the residence of one Bashir Sheikh in Mumbai, was the registration paper of the Osho commune.

Today’s blast comes days after suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative Shahzad Ahmed was arrested from Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh. During his interrogation, Shahzad is learnt to have said that IM’s mission was to target areas frequented by foreigners. He is also said to have told his interrogators that Commonwealth Games venues were high on IM’s hitlist.

Reacting to today’s incident, Congress spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi said, “According to India, terror issues were always the prime focus of the talks, even before the blast. While it is for the government to take a final decision (on the talks scheduled for February 25), that focus is certainly sharpened by this incident. Continuance of talks or otherwise is ultimately for the government to decide. But certainly, the shadow is dark and long.”

The BJP, on the other hand, said that “(Pakistan-sponsored) terror and talks (with Pakistan) cannot go hand in hand”. Said BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar: “This only shows our (lack of) preparedness to tackle threats posed by terror outfits. A large number of policemen, incidentally, were today employed to give protection to theatres running a particular film in Pune.” Said BJP’s Ravi Shankar Prasad:

“The propensity of some Congress leaders to visit villages of terrorists would only encourage terrorists and their patrons. We demand that terror be handled firmly”.

(with Neeraj Chauhan)

Last edited:
My humble request to all Indian members not to "jump the gun" here by blaming pakistan for it yet .Investigation is still going on ...arguments based on scanty information make our arguments look weak.

Infact I totally support PC's statement

and about BJP's statement off withdrawing from talks. I think its too ealry in the day to stop the process ..as talks havnt even started yet.

either we should not have restarted the compopsite dialogue... and now that we have started it, we have to work through this pain until something concrete is achieved.

I would disagree with u on this!! The problem as far as I understand is not democracy but greed that persists in not only some anti-social elements but also the common man. And this greed may not always be in terms of money or luxuries but also satisfaction at the expense of others.

A simple example of this is Pune blasts where till a couple of days back people(junta) were more interested in the MNIK tamasha than the security and governance issues. Suddenly now they wake up and speak of eliminating anti-social elements rather than contemplating on long term solutions.
In the whole process politicians can act nothing more than catalysts.
:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom