What's new

Blast in Wah Cantt

Such accidents in ordnance factories are not unheard of.
I lost a cousin in one such accident at POF Wah.
But safety is much more in place now.
Sure bro. Explosion spotting at explosive factories is a past time. When it's cloudy/rainy I bring some pakoras with me to watch the explosion. People think its dangerous. But these explosions are not so "unheard" of that I think it should be an olympic sport. Perfectly safe and common.

Sure bro. Explosion spotting at explosive factories is a past time. When it's cloudy/rainy I bring some pakoras with me to watch the explosion. People think its dangerous. But these explosions are not so "unheard" of that I think it should be an olympic sport. Perfectly safe and common.
After you have enjoyed your pakoras....suck on this Kulfi...if the flavour is not to your taste i can add some more masala.

So you post Indian media to show how ineffective and bogus this POF organization is?

HIT and POF should be defunded. They're defunct organizations already.
As i said i can pour more water on the parade by giving examples of your hearty Uncle Sam as well.
And yea, now key board warriors will decide on how to run these organisations. Lol.

As i said i can pour more water on the parade by giving examples of your hearty Uncle Sam as well.
And yea, now key board warriors will decide on how to run these organisations. Lol.
Ofcourse we bloody civilians don't know jack.

Bro you always come in for damage control but make it look worse than it was before somehow.

Ofcourse we bloody civilians don't know jack.

Bro you always come in for damage control but make it look worse than it was before somehow.
Well i can assure you that i never donned a uniform in my life.
However, we civilians also lose no time in pointing fingers and calling our own mother ugly.
We should also learn from our dwellings that accidents do happen in this world.

So you post Indian media to show how ineffective and bogus this POF organization is?

HIT and POF should be defunded. They're defunct organizations already.
And will you make the ammo and bombs used by the Army, Navy and Airforce?

3 employees dead, 2 injured in accidental explosion at POF Wah factory: ISPR

Dawn.com
August 12, 2021

This screengrab shows smoke rising from the site of the explosion in Rawalpindi district's Wah Cantonment area on Thursday. — DawnNewsTV

This screengrab shows smoke rising from the site of the explosion in Rawalpindi district's Wah Cantonment area on Thursday. — DawnNewsTV

Three employees were killed and two others injured in an "accidental explosion" in one of Pakistan Ordnance Factories' (POF) plants in Rawalpindi district's Wah Cantt area on Thursday, the military's media affairs wing said.

In a statement, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said the explosion occurred due to a "technical fault".

The injured people were shifted to a hospital, according to the statement.

The ISPR said the site has been cleared and the situation was controlled by the POF's technical emergency response team.

According to initial reports, the explosion shattered the windows of nearby homes and shops. People came out of their houses in fear after they heard the loud blast.

Rescue services, fire brigade and security officials have reached the site of the explosion.
Security sources said the routes leading to the area have been sealed.

Pakistan Ordnance Factories is the largest defence industrial complex in the country and works under the Ministry of Defence Production. It produces conventional arms and ammunition.

The POF Board's headquarters are at Wah Cantt.

1628786550351.png

May Allah SWT give sabr - jameel to the loved ones of the deceased and speedy shifa to the injured.

This is an accident and I hope that lesson will be learned to avoid any future incidents like this.

Well lack of visible security response in posted videos make it clear it was an accident...

According to statement technical response team dealt with it

it was a distressing accident in one small place. the rest is safe and secure. It is inherently hazardous work, the personals working in such areas are well trained. but Mistakes may happen everywhere and anywhere, this accident resulted in the loss of invaluable trained manpower and the loss of equipment. technical teams are already on the site to find out the cause of this tragic incident.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom