What's new

Blast outside POF

Pakistan is leading the fight against terrorism so it seems daft that we would incite terrorist activities. Its like shooting yourself in the foot with your own gun. Wheres the "logic" in that?

Pakistan is not fighting against terrorism to save humanity ..
They are fighting against terrorism to save just Pakistan .

only when these fundamentalist turned against Pakistan they have turned scum bags .

Its your own baby which has grown up to turn on you.

Who ever the baby belongs to, its being put down by the armed forces of Pakistan. I dont think you been watching the news lately. The heat is on and the militants have suffered major losses. The Pakistan army are capable and inshallah we will eradicate those who in their hearts hold evil intent against Pakistan.

Who ever the baby belongs to, its being put down by the armed forces of Pakistan. I dont think you been watching the news lately. The heat is on and the militants have suffered major losses. The Pakistan army are capable and inshallah we will eradicate those who in their hearts hold evil intent against Pakistan.

Dude, you know this is a guerrilla war, right?

These "losses" are temporary.

No, these losses are going to be crippling. Because Pakistan army is going for the militants top teir of command and this is evident by recent operations in Bajaur Agency. Without leadership, their internal structure collapses.

No, these losses are going to be crippling. Because Pakistan army is going for the militants top teir of command and this is evident by recent operations in Bajaur Agency. Without leadership, their internal structure collapses.

As you continue to roll around in your own fantasies . . . you do realise that there's no military solution to the so-called phenomenon of "militancy" in Pakistan !?

How can bombs and bullets prevent what is, in essence, a cultural manifestation!?

How can the Pakistani state prosecute the "War On Terror" on their own people who oppose its agenda and terms of reference !?

In particular, how can a bankrupt and discredited political system in Islamabad win the support of their own people in order to isolate Jihadi elements in Pakistani society !?

Once you've addressed your mind to these questions, you can disappear back into your military fanstasies!!

It was inadequate and childish thinking of this type that discredited neoconservatives in America. I'm amazed that somebody on this forum is advocating similar [failed] policies in Pakistan . . . do people learn any lessons from the mistakes of others !? :tsk:

Failed policies? The only failed policies weve had has been dialogue with the militants, because everytime we obliged to peace talks, they recooperated and came back harder. I agree that the military solution is not the best long term solution. However, in the short term its vital that we cripple the militant hierachy and once thats done, place strong educational institutions in the troubled areas, raise standard of living, develop the socioeconomics of the area and give the local authorities more powers and more support. Once all this is done areas like FATA will no longer be the strongholds or breeding grounds of the militants.

Failed policies? The only failed policies weve had has been dialogue with the militants, because everytime we obliged to peace talks, they recooperated and came back harder. I agree that the military solution is not the best long term solution. However, in the short term its vital that we cripple the militant hierachy and once thats done, place strong educational institutions in the troubled areas, raise standard of living, develop the socioeconomics of the area and give the local authorities more powers and more support. Once all this is done areas like FATA will no longer be the strongholds or breeding grounds of the militants.

Place strong educational institutes in the tribal belt, raise the standard of living, develop the socioeconomics of the area and give local authorities more powers and support !?

Can we try some of these tricks in the rest of Pakistan !?

And who is going to manage this remarkable transformation in the tribal areas!?

The same political system that has provided incompetent, kloptomaniac, ignorant, negligent, suppine and morally+intellectually bankrupt governments for the Pakistani people for many decades !!

Sorry. This is not only unconvincing, but, it ignores the [obvious] shortcomings of successive Pakistani governments.

Malay,

The discussions on past wars, causes etc. are interesting and would each fill a thread of their own - however, I am not interested diverging onto those tangents on this thread.

I am merely pointing out, in response to a question by an Indian member, 'Why would India destabilize Pakistan?', that India has done just that in the past, which implies it is capable of doing it in the present, and I think that argument has been suitably illustrated.

Logic,

It is you who are refusing to understand - from Bangladesh you have skipped into the causes of the Taliban and the terrorism in Pakistan, which was a subject I did not broach with you at all in this thread.

My point was simple, as I argued in my response to Malay above, and was in response to a question posed by an Indian member.

Your response was entirely irrelevant to the point I was making.

Sorry. This is not only unconvincing, but, it ignores the [obvious] shortcomings of successive Pakistani governments.

Mobilize voters and get people voted in to change the system then - rather than becoming an apologist for terrorism.

For someone who loves pointing out which way popular opinion in Pakistan is swinging, the means I presented for changing the system should be but natural.

Martial Law:

And you expect a progressive change from these people?

The militants in Swat destroyed 28 girls’ schools during the fresh wave of violence that erupted on July 29, in addition to 59 schools they had set alight or blown up in months of militancy before May 21. There were 566 girl schools — 489 primary, 51 middle, 22 high and four higher secondary schools — of which 159 schools are now non-functional. Of these, 87 have been torched or destroyed, while 62 have shut down due to the refusal of female teachers to attend, in view of precarious security situation, putting an end to the education of 17,200 girl students. The female literacy rate in Swat stands at 22.89 per cent and that of males at 52.79 per cent, with an overall literacy rate of 37 per cent. The dropout rate, particularly among girl students, has is rising dramatically.

Taliban spokesman Muslim Khan has said the aim of destroying schools was to pressure the government and replace the education system:

At present, we are using the torching and bombing of schools as a war tactic against the government. Also, this education system has been producing corrupt people and needs to be reformed. Musharraf and Zardari are the production of this education system, but what (have) they made of this country.

Muslim Khan warned that, after the destruction of girls’ schools, it would be the turn of boys’ schools. Maulana Fazlullah, the Taliban leader in Swat, has termed female education "a source of obscenity."

What hogwash - these people are criminals, not a 'culture', as your apologetics continuously try and cast them as, to somehow paint the GoP's efforts as those against a people, rather than bands of thugs.

The Palestinians have a 'cause', have a legitimate grievance, and even there I condemn the attacks on Israeli civilians, regardless of whose brother or sister was killed under an Israeli bulldozer. Innocent Israeli children in a school bus committed no crime whose punishment was to be attacked by a suicide bomber.

Yes, it is necessary that we sympathize with the plight of the Palestinians, and understand the conditions that drive them to rage so strong that they are willing to commit atrocities, but that does not mean we not act against those who woudl murder and maim civilians, and it does not mean we hide behind platitudes of 'it is a natural reaction', no matter what the West's double standards.

The Pakistani Taliban have not even the nobility of cause that the Palestinians do. Theirs is not a fight against 'occupation', nor a repression - their cause is in fact one of 'occupation and repression', and it is the GoP's responsibility, no matter how immoral the views of the majority of Pakistanis to appease these criminals to save themselves, to fight against the oppression and repression of the Taliban.

Logic,

It is you who are refusing to understand - from Bangladesh you have skipped into the causes of the Taliban and the terrorism in Pakistan, which was a subject I did not broach with you at all in this thread.

My point was simple, as I argued in my response to Malay above, and was in response to a question posed by an Indian member.

Your response was entirely irrelevant to the point I was making.

dear AM
Sorry but its you who has skipped the topic . The topic is Blast outside POF by Taliban . I dont see where India Has come here .
As I said before Taliban was created by Pakistan and now it has comeback to haunt it ..
Now you explain where is India here ?????

dear AM
Sorry but its you who has skipped the topic . The topic is Blast outside POF by Taliban . I dont see where India Has come here .
As I said before Taliban was created by Pakistan and now it has comeback to haunt it ..
Now you explain where is India here ?????

Read the question I responded to - I even paraphrased it for Malay in my last response to him if you are incapable fo going back a few pages in the thread.

Post #50

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom