What's new

Blunders of Hollywood in portraying weapon system!

illuminatidinesh

Reaction score
Country
India
This thread we will see both blunders and some good description of weapon systems shown in Hollywood movies...
First and always troubled me

rambo-iii.jpg%3Fw%3D491%26h%3D211

This gunship from Rambo series is supposed to be flying tank Mi-28
640x392_84649_101658.jpg

rambo3f.jpg

From the same movie but what really are this helicopters exectly?

Another one from TOPGUN
main-qimg-7d0ff68c24990943e17a72d4e79b8486

The F14 is great but what is that plane which is playing MIG?

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Saving_private_ryan.jpg

Now one of the best portrayed war movie - Credit to director for taking pain to look into every tiny detail of weapons.

saving%20private%20ryan.jpg

Can u guess the fire arms there?

Saving06.jpg
Panzer

This thread we will see both blunders and some good description of weapon systems shown in Hollywood movies...
First and always troubled me

rambo-iii.jpg%3Fw%3D491%26h%3D211

This gunship from Rambo series is supposed to be flying tank Mi-28

rambo3f.jpg

From the same movie but what really are this helicopters exectly?

Another one from TOPGUN
main-qimg-7d0ff68c24990943e17a72d4e79b8486

The F14 is great but what is that plane which is playing MIG?

maxresdefault.jpg

The first picture is of a modified Aérospatiale SA 330 Puma,

SAAF-Puma-005.jpg

and the second picture is of a heavily modified Aérospatiale SA 341 Gazelle,

Gazelle_SA342M.jpg

Both choppers as shown in the movie,

R3PumaGazelle.jpg

(Fun fact: Most of what you see in this movie was shot in Pakistan)

As for Top Gun, the first picture is of a Douglas A-4 Skyhawk being used by the aggressors at the Top Gun school,

TGA-4_2.jpg

The second picture is of an F-5E, which was shown as a black Mig-28;

As shown in the movie,
TGT-38.jpg

other picture,

Three_F-5E_agressors_from_Alconbury_1983.jpg

Last edited:
SInce this is the thread about blunders made by Hollywood, i would like to add one rather a huge one made in the movie black Hawk down.
While its not related to any weapon system, but rather the script which omitted the whole portion from what happened actually which was the part where Pakistan came in and saved the day in reality, in Movie Americans were shown the hero. :agree:

SInce this is the thread about blunders made by Hollywood, i would like to add one rather a huge one made in the movie black Hawk down.
While its not related to any weapon system, but rather the script which omitted the whole portion from what happened actually which was the part where Pakistan came in and saved the day in reality, in Movie Americans were shown the hero. :agree:
I agree but doesn't the movie acknowledge the death of 24 Pakistan soldiers and at the end it was the Pakistan forces rescue them?
As far as I see it was a failed attempt which ended in disaster for Americans. Well somebody has to save the day.... Thank God Pakistani soldiers did it

Pakistan ? I thought it was Afghan.....
Any way thanks

Yup, nobody's ever wanted to go to Afghanistan in a long time, so the KPK of Pakistan makes a welcomed substitute. You see a lot of Pakistani names in the movies credits too, if I remember correctly.

The Malaysians too. Don't forget them like they forgot us.

I agree but doesn't the movie acknowledge the death of 24 Pakistan soldiers and at the end it was the Pakistan forces rescue them?
As far as I see it was a failed attempt which ended in disaster for Americans. Well somebody has to save the day.... Thank God Pakistani soldiers did it

He meant that we did a lot more than they showed. For example, we were only shown driving the transports where in reality we fought our way in, saved some yanki behind and fought our way out.

He meant that we did a lot more than they showed. For example, we were only shown driving the transports where in reality we fought our way in, saved some yanki behind and fought our way out.
Yes that always occurred to me

In Battleship, they use museum cruiser against aliens & ship have its full armaments except upgraded one.

In Battleship, they use museum cruiser against aliens & ship have its full armaments except upgraded one.

Yes that was too stupid. A WW2 ship fighting alien technology.

Yes that was too stupid. A WW2 ship fighting alien technology.

In movie they show it WW2 technology but in reality during second re-commissioning its upgraded very much including Tomhawk CM but in movie they didn't show it.

Back
Top Bottom