PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Jindal takes hawkish line on Iran

150114_bobby_jindal_ap_629_956x519.jpg

By James Hohmann

4/18/15 6:31 PM EDT

NASHUA, N.H.—Gov. Bobby Jindal said Saturday the United States may need to bomb Iran before it is too late to stop the country from developing a nuclear weapon.

The Louisiana governor, expected to announce his presidential candidacy shortly after his state legislative session ends on June 11, praised Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton for his controversial letter to Iranian leaders.

Story Continued Below

Asked if he agrees with the freshman Republican that the U.S. could pursue targeted air strikes against Iran the way it did against Iraq in the 1990s, Jindal said he would defer to military commanders.

“If they come and say, look, we know where the sites are, we’ve got the bunker buster capabilities, we’ve got solid intelligence,” he told reporters after speaking to a Republican conference here. “A lot of that is classified … I believe a couple things broadly based on publicly-available information: I think it’s still within our military’s capabilities to take out their nuclear infrastructure. I don’t think it will remain that way forever.”

He is the latest presidential contender to take a hard line on Iran at the two-day event. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio also said bombing may be necessary in a Friday dinner speech.

In perhaps the most saber-rattling comments of all, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee compared Iran to a snake during his own speech late Saturday afternoon.

“We had snakes in South Arkansas, and I’m not just talking about the ones that got elected to something,” he said. “You don’t try to reason with a snake … You don’t pet the snake. You don’t feed the snake. You don’t try to have a conversation with the snake. You get a .410 shotgun or a shovel or a hoe, and you take the snake’s head off before he bites you. What we’re dealing with in the Middle East is nothing short of a viper.”

Read more: Jindal takes hawkish line on Iran - James Hohmann - POLITICO

India may be an ally of Iran but Indian-American Governor Bobby Jindal is certainly not. Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-Louisana) is the first Indian-American politician who wants to run for President of the US.

This is a guy who converted to Christianity just so he could fit in...He also said Birmingham had no-go zones in which non-muslims were not allowed. Why do Americans get the best of politicians?

Basically looking for Jewish money for his campaign.

He's in dire need of AIPAC moral support for his presidential bid. It's just good business!

Exactly. He knows that in order to run a political campaign, he needs need funding. And it looks like he is going to get some.

Basically looking for Jewish money for his campaign.

Truth, as bare-faced as it may be spoken.

I can't wish to rid the world of the corrupt and treacherous. Their minions however, the stupid and clueless sheep, piss me off to no end, worst part is, they feel like they're somehow revolutionary and very enlightened. US republicans and GOP supporters for example, on this particular issue too, being fooled into believing the venom being spewed against Iran.

Here's the irony, politicians like this will be funded by those who want war and may profit from it themselves, so he says stuff like this, they support him and fund him, help him win, idiots vote him in, having hawkish policy makers in power pays off for those who fund these sort of politicians, this in turn gives them renewed funds and will to again back hawks and idiots like this. Vicious cycle, the most willing customer and victim, the average joe, the idiot and illiterate fool who knows no better.

Same goes for Pakistan and most countries on earth.

Bobby-Jindal-Portrait.jpg

This what this guy sees when he looks himself in the mirror, the portrait actually hangs in his office. He is a browny trying to become POTO USA, which will never happen. It seems there is an open contest in Republican Party who could be more ridiculous.

Well, the painter got one thing right, his pathetic smile! :D

On topic: Someone tell the presidential-idiot to buy new clothes that actually fit.......... and then someone teach him how to wear them....... :P

Bobby-Jindal-Portrait.jpg

This what this guy sees when he looks himself in the mirror, the portrait actually hangs in his office. He is a browny trying to become POTO USA, which will never happen. It seems there is an open contest in Republican Party who could be more ridiculous.

Thank the gods that Pakistan is in no shape to do harm to innocents on a scale such as the US of A. I'm sure, if we were capable enough, as the Yanks are/were, we would've done way more damage than them! :D

Same with us lol. :P

It's a good thing that we aren't in a position to start a war. Peace is way too important to entrust to politicians.

LOL. We have a saying, which goes something like this:

"May Allah/God not give nails to a bald man"..........

Hope the gist of the saying does not get lost in translation......... :P

Same with us lol. :P

It's a good thing that we aren't in a position to start a war. Peace is way too important to entrust to politicians.

He's trying to secure Jewish backers for a possible presidential run.

You can't win the presidency without blessing from AIPAC.

Back
Top Bottom