What's new

Bollywood actor Sridevi passes away after cardiac arrests: reports

Very shocking and sad news may she RIP.

Many folks are unaware of having high blood pressure or cardiac issues it is a silent killer
50-55 is young age but for unsuspecting person it can happen. Normally a person does not detects major changes in their life sometimes

After certain age most people are recommended to do a full check up 1 time a year

The person was certainly not extremely fat or big in size but such things happen unless people do a yearly physical

Talented actor of her time which certainly goes beyond border

Last edited:
Something is fishy. Women are not prone to heart attacks that too at such an young age.

Rubbish statements

https://www.heartresearch.com.au/heart-disease/women-and-heart-disease/

Hypertension: the silent killer
Hypertension (high blood pressure) is the most important risk factor for both stroke and heart failure.

In 2001, more than half of Australian women aged over 55 had hypertension: a disturbing fact, because many are unaware they have the condition. It is called ‘the silent killer’ because it does not cause symptoms.

Once diagnosed, hypertension can usually be well controlled with appropriate medication. If it is controlled, the risk of developing heart failure or stroke is greatly reduced.

She was for the better part always in stress all throughout her life!

https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20170130/scad-heart-attacks

What is SCAD?
Unlike a more typical heart attack caused by a buildup of plaque in the arteries, a SCAD heart attack starts with a tear in an artery. The tear blocks the artery and blood flow to the heart, leading to a heart attack. (See this animation from the Mayo Clinic.)

Although SCAD causes a small percentage of heart attacks overall, it’s responsible for 40% of heart attacks in women under the age of 50. And it’s mostly happening to young women -- more than 90% of SCAD patients are female.

“This is an important cause of heart attacks among younger people, and it has really only been in the past 4 or 5 years that our thinking on it has changed. For the past 100 years, we had been missing it,” says Sharonne N. Hayes, MD, of the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, one of the world’s most renowned SCAD researchers.

People with SCAD generally are healthy and don’t have typical heart attack risk factors like smoking, diabetes, or being overweight. SCAD is often misdiagnosed and may lead to treatment that can cause more artery damage.

“SCAD is happening to a group of women who appear healthy, are thin, and have no risk factors. So even though they have classic heart attack symptoms, they are often being misdiagnosed,” Hayes says. Many SCAD patients are even sent home from hospitals in the middle of a heart attack that isn’t discovered for days.

Heart attacks are typically diagnosed with blood work and a test called an electrocardiogram, but SCAD can only be diagnosed with an angiogram (an X-ray that takes pictures of blood flow in the artery).

Ellen Robin was 53 when it happened to her. “It felt like an elephant sat on my chest,” she recalls. “I wobbled and grabbed onto a folding chair because it almost knocked me off my feet. I felt dizzy, both arms were going numb, and I thought, what the heck is this?”

It leads to the quality of life we live, nothing else determines that than ourselves.

Damm she was an 80's icon, along with Madhuri, Dimple, Amrita etc.

She was an amazing talent. Carried herself gracefullly with dignity all her life. Sridevi will be missed. Shocker!

her first movie in Tamil as a heroine , when she was just 13 yrs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sridevi), with 2 other so called legends -Rajnikanth and Kamal Hassan. Most successful Bolly actors first start their career in Tamil movies e.g Iswarya Rai etc

Last edited:
May be some cosmetic surgery gone wrong. During cosmetic treatments or hair transplants etc there are serums injected into bodies that can cause reactions and lead to death. They lead to cardiac arrests. i even read of a woman who died due to a botched liposuction something.

Sridevi and her daughters were extremely big on cosmetic procedures. She literally got her daughters entire nose changed and slimmed through multiple rhinoplastys and mind it her daughter was only 14-15 in age when her mother started taking her for surgeries.
You are right..I too felt the same...every human has to remember that we cant stop the course of the nature...we have got to get old one day..Sridevi was very particular about her looks..she had a frail body with wrinkles when she visitrd tirumala a few years back..Telugu media was surprised how weak dhe became...I think she maintained some unhealthy diet coupled with surgeries which costed her life

Back
Top Bottom