What's new

Bollywood actor Sridevi passes away after cardiac arrests: reports

Prime Minister's Office
25-February, 2018 08:17 IST
PM expresses grief on shocking demise of actor Sridevi

Prime Miniter Shri Narendra Modi has expressed grief on the sudden demise of film actor Sridevi.

PM said, "Saddened by the untimely demise of noted actor Sridevi. She was a veteran of the film industry, whose long career included diverse roles and memorable performances. My thoughts are with her family and admirers in this hour of grief. May her soul rest in peace."

Link??

This article in Hindi says that Arjun's grandmother had beaten Sridevi when Sri was pregnant. I suppose revenge for Boney Kapoor leaving his first wife.

Somehow I never liked her. Maybe her face, maybe her high-pitched talk.

I remember her vaguely in the film 'Sadma' along-side Kamal Haasan in which her character of a mentally-disturbed girl was overplayed.

This entire industry of "health and wellness" must be brought down.

Sri's nose was definitely changed lately. It looked unnatural.

I have requested the mods to merge both threads.
well i am and was least bothered about any sridevis personal life, how i found our was when last year i saw a youtube video in my suggestions list , as i had checked sajals interviews on mom so sridevi related videos would appear on my suggestion list as how you tube suggesstions work ,and i think ididnt watch it, i just scrolled down to read comments and indian posters there had heaped tonnes of abuse on this woman sridevi for breaking a house they were saying south indian women are always hungry ,vile for north Indian men that they even break homes ,destroy lives , and they talked abt her husbands first wife.

I got a bit curious and then googled news on her and found out she was friends with Booneys first wife who had two kids , she started dating him secretly and ended up getting prgenant when details of affair got out his first wifes mother beat up sridevi which was a right thing to do plus she shud have beaten up booney too. Then he left his wife and married this actress.

Well i felt bad when i read his first wife had to live alone with in laws and raise kids without father and then she died of cancer. Some news report even said sridevi was against booney meeting up with his first wife and kids , if thats not ruining someones childhood then whatelse?

I think it was this interview in which he shared about a difficult childhood i dont know the time stamp u will have to watch the video.

Yes she had massive surgeries on her nose and face , plus if you just look at her face you will feel how plastic it looked. plus she ahs lot of work done on her entire body too one could easily tell looking at her pic.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/meg...-forensic-tests-delay-return-to-india-1817024

https://www.indiatvnews.com/photos/...ich-created-buzz-about-her-lip-surgery-424112

Her body will be flown back home today

Sad , to God we all return .
Insan apni mot ko na bhooly bus .. ye kisi ka lehaaz nhi krti .

Traces of Alcohol Found in Sridevi’s Body, Accidentally Drowns in Bathtub

Bollywood’s ‘Chandni’ Sridevi has always been calm forever. Sridevi’s forensic report has arrived in Dubai. A forensic report has been submitted to the Embassy Officer after which his death certificate has been issued. Forensic doctors in Dubai have found in an investigation that Sridevi’s death was caused by heart attack.

According to the Khaleej Times, after completing some formalities, the body of Sree Devi will be released from Dubai to Mumbai. Today till late evening or till night, the body of Sree Devi is expected to reach Mumbai. Preparations for bringing his body to Mumbai are being done for a long time. This information has been given in media reports.

https://www.emitpost.com/bollywood/...ody-accidentally-drowns-in-bathtub-11350.html

Traces of Alcohol Found in Sridevi’s Body, Accidentally Drowns in Bathtub

Bollywood’s ‘Chandni’ Sridevi has always been calm forever. Sridevi’s forensic report has arrived in Dubai. A forensic report has been submitted to the Embassy Officer after which his death certificate has been issued. Forensic doctors in Dubai have found in an investigation that Sridevi’s death was caused by heart attack.

According to the Khaleej Times, after completing some formalities, the body of Sree Devi will be released from Dubai to Mumbai. Today till late evening or till night, the body of Sree Devi is expected to reach Mumbai. Preparations for bringing his body to Mumbai are being done for a long time. This information has been given in media reports.

https://www.emitpost.com/bollywood/...ody-accidentally-drowns-in-bathtub-11350.html

Foul play for sure.... feeling ashamed to be associated with a human beings, not because it was Sridevi (a proud Tamil like me) it was because she fell victim to vested interests. come what may there was something sinister in the method of her death!

Rubbish statements

https://www.heartresearch.com.au/heart-disease/women-and-heart-disease/

Hypertension: the silent killer
Hypertension (high blood pressure) is the most important risk factor for both stroke and heart failure.

In 2001, more than half of Australian women aged over 55 had hypertension: a disturbing fact, because many are unaware they have the condition. It is called ‘the silent killer’ because it does not cause symptoms.

Once diagnosed, hypertension can usually be well controlled with appropriate medication. If it is controlled, the risk of developing heart failure or stroke is greatly reduced.

She was for the better part always in stress all throughout her life!

https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20170130/scad-heart-attacks

What is SCAD?
Unlike a more typical heart attack caused by a buildup of plaque in the arteries, a SCAD heart attack starts with a tear in an artery. The tear blocks the artery and blood flow to the heart, leading to a heart attack. (See this animation from the Mayo Clinic.)

Although SCAD causes a small percentage of heart attacks overall, it’s responsible for 40% of heart attacks in women under the age of 50. And it’s mostly happening to young women -- more than 90% of SCAD patients are female.

“This is an important cause of heart attacks among younger people, and it has really only been in the past 4 or 5 years that our thinking on it has changed. For the past 100 years, we had been missing it,” says Sharonne N. Hayes, MD, of the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, one of the world’s most renowned SCAD researchers.

People with SCAD generally are healthy and don’t have typical heart attack risk factors like smoking, diabetes, or being overweight. SCAD is often misdiagnosed and may lead to treatment that can cause more artery damage.

“SCAD is happening to a group of women who appear healthy, are thin, and have no risk factors. So even though they have classic heart attack symptoms, they are often being misdiagnosed,” Hayes says. Many SCAD patients are even sent home from hospitals in the middle of a heart attack that isn’t discovered for days.

Heart attacks are typically diagnosed with blood work and a test called an electrocardiogram, but SCAD can only be diagnosed with an angiogram (an X-ray that takes pictures of blood flow in the artery).

Ellen Robin was 53 when it happened to her. “It felt like an elephant sat on my chest,” she recalls. “I wobbled and grabbed onto a folding chair because it almost knocked me off my feet. I felt dizzy, both arms were going numb, and I thought, what the heck is this?”

It leads to the quality of life we live, nothing else determines that than ourselves.

What Rubbish? My suspicions are being vindicated. There is surely foul play here. She has been murdered.

http://zeenews.india.com/people/sri...e-bathtub-reveals-autopsy-report-2084546.html

Sridevi died of accidental drowning in the bathtub, reveals autopsy report
According to the forensic report, Sridevi lost her life due to accidental drowning.

By Zee Media Bureau | Updated: Feb 26, 2018, 19:14 PM IST
Comments |
video-i.png
663567-sridevi-bn-w.jpg

Mumbai: Superstar Sridevi died due to accidental drowning in the bathtub of her hotel room and not because of cardiac arrest, reveals the autopsy report of the legendary actress released by the Ministry of Health, UAE on Monday. Sridevi was found unconscious in the bathroom of her room at Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel late on Saturday night and was declared dead by the doctors. According to a Gulf News report, Sridevi, who was under the influence of alcohol, lost her balance and fell into the bathtub and drowned.

Following the completion of post-mortem analysis, @DubaiPoliceHQ today stated that the death of Indian actress Sridevi occurred due to drowning in her hotel apartment’s bathtub following loss of consciousness.

Here’s a copy of the report:

autopsy656.jpg

Indian officials and family members of Sridevi are awaiting necessary certificates from the Dubai authorities to start the process of repatriating her mortal remains, at least two officials confirmed.

"We need forensic certificate, death certificate and embalming certificate before the process of embalming the body begins. Unless these processes are completed, we will not be in a position to give a firm time for the repatriation of the body," an official from the Consulate General of India told PTI.

Meanwhile, the Gulf News quoted sources as saying that the forensic report shows traces of alcohol in Sridevi's body. It is also being reported that under the influence of alcohol, Sridevi lost her balance, fell into the bathtub and drowned.

Gulf News reported that Dubai Police has given the forensic report to her family and to the Indian Consulate representative and the actor's body has been released for embalming. There is still uncertainty over when the body would arrive in Mumbai.

Sridevi was in Dubai along with husband Boney Kapoor and daughter Khushi to attend Mohit Marwah's wedding ceremony. The entire Kapoor family was there last week.

Her elder daughter Janhvi, couldn't attend the wedding because of prior work commitments.

(With PTI inputs)

http://zeenews.india.com/people/sri...er-date-minutes-before-her-death-2084367.html

Sridevi was preparing for a surprise 'dinner date' minutes before her death
Sridevi was in Dubai to attend a family wedding.

By Zee Media Bureau | Updated: Feb 26, 2018, 09:38 AM IST
Comments |
video-i.png
663381-sridevi-black-n-white.jpg

New Delhi: Minutes before her death, superstar Sridevi and husband Boney Kapoor were planning to go out for a dinner date, according to UAE-based newspaper Khaleej Times. The newspaper has reported details of what happened inside Sridevi's room in Dubai's Jumeirah Emirates Tower hotel quoting a source. Around midnight she suffered a cardiac arrest following which she fell unconscious inside the hotel bathroom. Reports suggest, soon after that she was rushed to Rashid Hospital where she was declared dead.

The 54-year-old Sridevi breathed her last around midnight on February 24, 2018. Her sudden and untimely death not only shook the entire nation but also created a void which can never be filled. Khaleej Times quotes a source close to the family as saying that Boney Kapoor flew back from Mumbai to Dubai just to surprise his wife. He went to her room at the Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel around 5:30 pm to 'surprise' her with a dinner date.

Boney Kapoor woke her up and the couple chatted for about 15 minutes before he invited her for dinner. The Chandni-fame star then went to the washroom. After 15 minutes passed and Sridevi did not come out, Kapoor knocked on the door to check on her. When he got no response, he forced open the door to find the legendary actor lying motionless in the bathtub full of water. "He tried to revive her and when he could not, he called a friend of his. After that, he informed the police at 9 pm," said the source.

Soon afterwards, the police and paramedics rushed to the site, but she was pronounced dead. Her body was taken to the General Department of Forensic Medicine for an autopsy, reportedly.

Sridevi's mortal remains will be brought back to Mumbai on Monday by a chartered flight. Reliance Group chairman Anil Ambani has sent an aircraft to Dubai to bring back Sridevi's body to India. The 13-seater private jet, (Embraer-135BJ) belonging to Reliance Transport and Travel Ltd, and reportedly left Mumbai for Dubai around 1.30 pm on Sunday.

Boney Kapoor, Jhanvi, Khushi and the entire Kapoor, Ayyappan and Marwah family is deeply bereaved and shocked with the untimely loss of Sridevi Kapoor," the statement, issued by the Yash Raj Films (YRF) on behalf of the family, had said on Sunday. "They thank the entire media for their prayers, support and sensitivity during their time of grief. Late Sridevi Kapoor's body will arrive in India on Monday, it had added.

Foul play for sure.... feeling ashamed to be associated with a human beings, not because it was Sridevi (a proud Tamil like me) it was because she fell victim to vested interests. come what may there was something sinister in the method of her death!

There has always been talk the Boney Kapoor had an eye on her money. He should be the primary suspect.

Turns out she accidentally drowned in the bathtub , mostly fainted due to the water heat , she was intoxicated too from alcohol .so no one knows

Turns out she accidentally drowned in the bathtub , mostly fainted due to the water heat , she was intoxicated too from alcohol .so no one knows

She does not consume alcohol. All these reports of her getting intoxicated are false. Boney Kapoor showing up in Dubai for a Surprise date should be a red flag.

She does not consume alcohol. All these reports of her getting intoxicated are false. Boney Kapoor showing up in Dubai for a Surprise date should be a red flag.

Hmm I've hear ppl faint in hot springs and steam rooms . And I've myself have had my head spin /blackout while taking hot baths in the bathtubs , probably the combination of co2 vapors & blood rushing to the head from sitting for long .

So i think this was a accident

I dont think there was any foul play involved, at least preplanned one...if at all bony wanted to kill het , he could do it in imdia as he could get away easily in this corrupt system.why would he choose dubai where laws are strict.?

How Did Sridevi Die? #SrideviDeathMystery

Damn! It is very apparent that she has been killed.

Sridevi's Mom Commercial

@shooting star @Vikki

See guys i am not the only one who said cosmetic surgeries its surprising to read many others have suggested cosmetic surgeries as a possible cause too as she was so much into them

"Ever since Sridevi's death, people have been speculating about complications from cosmetic surgeries leading to her death and this has upset her friend. "It hurts me that people are making her death into such a joke. The messages [being circulated] make me angry. People are saying that she underwent liposuction and took fat burners. Why can't people remember the good things about her instead of talking about all this? After she has gone, how can they even utter such mean and vile things?"

The friends met for the last time when Sridevi flew to Hyderabad to attend Reddy's daughter's baby shower last November."

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/cityti...h-fever-before-the-uae-wedding-reveals-friend

@shootingstar

SriDevi (1963-2018) The Girl with a Halo

It began with a word of encouragement from Kamaraj when the legendary Congressman noticed a cute little girl, not yet four, with her father, a young lawyer, in Chennai. Lord Murugan was her first role, and nine years later at 13, she would play Rajinikanth’s stepmother.

VETERAN CONGRESS LEADER and celebrated kingmaker K Kamaraj, considered responsible for charting the course of many national leaders including Indira Gandhi, was also instrumental in directing the destiny of a film star—Sridevi. One fateful day, Kamaraj was busy as ever in a discussion with partymen at his residence on Thirumalai Pillai Road, Thyagaraya Nagar, Chennai. They were analysing the reasons for his electoral debacle from his hometown and constituency, Virudhunagar. Ayyappan, a young lawyer and a Congressman, was among them. He came from the village of Meenampatti, in Sivakasi taluk, Virudhunagar district.

In that political meeting was a bored little child, hardly four years old, pacing the room and gazing at the white walls lined with pictures of Gandhi and Nehru. She was getting restless. She pulled at the corner of her father’s veshti and whispered into his ears, “Polama?” (Shall we go?) Kamaraj noticed her and asked, “Whose child is she?” “My daughter, sir,” replied a beaming Ayyappan. “Bless her sir!” he requested. “How old is she? Has she started her schooling?” “She will be four this August. We are trying to put her in music and dance. Her mother wants her to be a film star.” “That’s fine. But don’t stop schooling her,” said Kamaraj, and turned towards Kannadasan, a popular lyricist and a partyman, and told him, “Help this cute child, if you can.”

Ayyappan followed up with Kannadasan, who advised him to meet MA Thirumugam, a filmmaker who was working on a project for the legendary producer Sandow MMA Chinappa Thevar. Thunaivan is a devotional film on the plight of a devotee of Lord Murugan. Sridevi was given a small role as Lord Murugan in that film, and she stole the show. Posters and advertisements in the press featured her prominently.

The way NTR became the image of Krishna for the Telugu audience, Sridevi became Murugan for Tamil cinemagoers.

http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/sridevi-1963-2018/the-girl-with-a-halo

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom