What's new

Bollywood and Afganistan are Inseparable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then let us talk after it has declined, until then Pak is crazier about Bollywood than India is

Indian movies only brought Multiplex boom in Pakistan, cinema owners are happy to get rid of hey days, people are happy with good Indian movies. The people who are only sad in Pakistan are the filmakers from Lollywood as people will stop watching their cheap movies.

Afghans, what they can relate with Hindi Cinema? :O Their society,culture are all so different. Just like how Bollywood sells in East Asian countries, the cheap masala is liked by Arbis and Afghans.

Regarding Hindi serials, Who will tolerate that? except for the north Indian society where these dramas may suit those sitting in home.

Actually this is very true, my friend who is in the French army and was in Afghanistan told me the same thing that Bollywood is huge over there, she said that the French troops use Bollywood to bring people together. And she and her unit were providing protection to some Indian engineers there and the Indians would always be asked about Bollywood and India etc.

She said that the common people the citizens of Afghanistan all want to send their kids to India to study, or go to India for medical related issues etc. Also from what she said the French troops there were well respected by the Afghans as well, and a lot of people were sad that the French were pulling out.

^^ Obviously your friend was in lala land.

Or maybe she tried that good Afghan weed?

Afghans, what they can relate with Hindi Cinema? :O Their society,culture are all so different. Just like how Bollywood sells in East Asian countries, the cheap masala is liked by Arbis and Afghans.

Regarding Hindi serials, Who will tolerate that? except for the north Indian society where these dramas may suit those sitting in home.

Yeah, true they can not tolerate wierdo Hindi stuff that's the reason they started downloading Malayalam movies on Pakistan Afghanistan border just to avoid pain of watching North India's TV dramas..

Truth hurts does it? Anyway what is wrong if the Afghan people have dreams and hopes? Bollywood shows them that there is more to life than death, destruction and no hope, at least Bollywood shows them there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Truth hurts does it? Anyway what is wrong if the Afghan people have dreams and hopes? Bollywood shows them that there is more to life than death, destruction and no hope, at least Bollywood shows them there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Bollywood shows them how to dance randomly in front of a street...

Really a flase flagger that starts threads slamming India on infanticide etc? You have no idea.
You are a Indian.:coffee:I have read your older posts which are anti-Pakistan and anti-Chinese rants why would a Freachman hate China and Pakistan for.:azn:

Please, that's a dying generation. And I know the exist, but contrary to your belief they aren't increasing.
Pakistani series have overtaken Indian dramas in quality since at least early 2011, and now there's no going back. They are getting better and better, and in fact I was a hardcore hater of TV series but a few Pakistani dramas had such good story I watched them till the end.
I know you're all prejudiced, but TRY, atleast TRY watching Pakistani series and you'll forget bollywood entirely.
Of couse, I'm not saying they're perfect, there are still some flaws in them, but the ones that are good are a billion lightyears away from even the best Indian tv series

Shut up, stop believe in the wet-dream Zia Ul Haq had in ther 80s
It's very true. Accept it. We should only care about ourselves.

OK, please give some names of good Pak serials. Any link would greatly help my search prefereable ones with subtitles. Altho i am good at hindi (im tamil) i only partially follow urdu as spoked in pak.

Bollywood shows them how to dance randomly in front of a street...

Come on man, if Bollywood wasn't Indian you wouldn't make such comments. Much of Bollywood's appeal, especially in developing nations, is it is a form of escapism that is why there is the theatrics and over-the-top everything and Bollywood has nailed this. For many of those who view these 2hour long (ordeals IMHO!) films these are the highlight of their day/week/month and a time to escape from whatever hardship that is present in their lives. This sort of film experience is documented and during the 20s/30s in US at the height of the depression Hollywood, similarly, reflected the time and engaged in similar behavior to uplift their viewers.

Many of those who watch these films, especially in Afghanistan, have incredibly hard lives and much misery and sorrow in their lives so if a 2hour long film from India can put a smile on their faces then I am happy to know these people, for however short a period, got to experience a time away from their issues and surely as human beings we are not to deny these people this one, modest, pleasure.

tbh these films could come from Pakistan/Mars/NK and I wouldn't care because I am just heartened to know these people have something to look forward to every once and a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom