What's new

Bombing Pakistan

Nasir

Reaction score
Bombing Pakistan

War on terror limitless and lawless

The claim now, played up by the Bush administration, is that the U.S. bombing raid on a Pakistani village last week, where 13 civilians were killed, most of them women and children, also killed two senior members of al-Qaida and the son-in-law of its No. 2 leader. Is that supposed to justify an American attack on a sovereign nation, a violation of its air space -- and an act of war, so far as residents of the bombed Pakistani village of Damadola are concerned?

If al-Qaida leaders are hiding out in Latin America's notorious Triple Frontier region, a known haven of lawlessness and terrorist activity where the borders of Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay meet, would that justify a U.S. assassination raid on any of those countries' territories? Would the killing of 13 innocent bystanders in Daytona Beach be acceptable as the collateral consequence of a major al-Qaida kill or capture here? Are Pakistani civilians somehow more expendable than Floridian?

The reaction to the bombing in the United States has been literally and figuratively a world apart from the reaction in Pakistan. In Pakistan, demonstrators and rioters have taken to the street in fury at both the United States and their own government. The fallout has reached such proportions that Pakistani President Gen. Pervez Musharraf, whose hold on power is shaky, felt compelled to say that "national interests" would not be jeopardized by the war on terror.

And in the United States? The story was barely a headline after the raid was announced. But Sen. John McCain sent his regrets: "We understand the anger that people feel, but the United States priorities are to get rid of al-Qaida, and this was an effort to do so we apologize, but I can't tell you that we won't do it again." To which Kamran Shafi, a retired Pakistani army officer and columnist for the Pakistani Daily Times, responded with the kind of outrage unheard of here: "Now, what sort of apology is that?" Shafi wrote. "How about saying 'We are sorry for the needless loss of innocent life; we will make every effort to avoid a recurrence in the future?' And what in the world did he mean when he said, 'I can't tell you we wouldn't do the same again?' Do what again, Senator? Kill innocents again? I ask you."

There's more disbelief in Pakistan than in the United States over the latest claims being made. No actual bodies of al-Qaida members have been identified, because none have been recovered. Yet the claim that two or perhaps more members of the organization were killed is still being made as fact, and accepted -- and peddled -- as such in the United States. Still, even if the claims are true, they should not deflect from the greater issue: the latest American disregard for international law, for civilian lives, and for cooperative counter-terrorism operations.

The Pakistani government is looking like a hapless bystander in the scandal even though the United States has been granting Pakistan military aid in the billions since 2001 and hailing Musharraf, once a sponsor of the former Taliban regime in Afghanistan, as a crucial ally in the war on terror. Pakistani intelligence has, in fact, played a key role in finding and catching al-Qaida members, including Khalid Mohammed, the suspected Sept. 11 mastermind now in a secret U.S. prison. Pakistani security forces don't lack for brutality, but even they know the value in capturing live al-Qaida operatives. They could carpet-bomb areas of Pakistan's northwest frontier and be sure to kill numerous al-Qaida members known to be hiding there. But the collateral damage would be indefensible, as it was in the U.S. raid last week.

All this stems from the directive President Bush signed in the wake of the Sept. 11 attacks giving U.S. forces, including the CIA, carte blanche in the manner in which they were to track down and kill al-Qaida operatives. The approach elicits matter-of-fact approval from the American public, which also explains the muted response to the attack on Pakistan. But it's still state-sponsored assassination. It still entails violating other countries' sovereignty. It's still more lawless than justified. And for 13 civilians in the remote Pakistani village of Damadola, it's all immaterial anymore.

Source: http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJour...OPN10012106.htm

What do you guys think about recent air strike by U.S in Pakistan? This is a very bad violation our airspace, yet we have done nothing. To make us happy U.S always claims that we are the major ally and bla blah.

Why is America even allowed to enter in Pakistan. America dont bomb Pakistan lies in our interests, that way we can get equipment.

Why wasn't it Pakistan who striked? This violation have done nothing killed probably innocent people and sparked riots http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...icle%2FShowFull.

<div class='bbimg'></div>
Troops of Pakistan&#39;s paramilitary force search a man at Mir Ali, along the Afghanistan border.

Guys there is simple answer behind this who scenario Americans can do what ever they like. Pakistan can do nothing about it. What those politicians care about it, they just love to have there big arses on the chairs to relax and dup the goverment&#39;s money. Why the hell they do care, they havent got there love ones among those dead. I know its hard to cope America in that matter i know but its not impossible, but what about the protest and what the hell those moron politicians are doing there...... this is awfull, totally senseless and its a big shame..... poor innnocent people.

If i was in place as a President instead of Musharraf and same things have happened to me, like for choosing which side you want to go with, i would yet choose exactly what Musharraf chose, though i understand that some needs a courage to do so, but it would be a very hard thing to do.

I would choose to go with American side not because they are fair or they are good people. I would go with them just for the common interests and benefits for the country instead of my country going in the down hill with the economy which was already crashing and political crises. It was ok for me to accept them and now you can see the results of it.

America could easily take over Pakistan even though Pakistan was a nuclear capable nation due to the fact that our nuclear range in not yet extended enough to hit in the enemys heart.

Afghanistan was a first attack, and the might of the super power was not stuck some where like right now with Iraq and Afghanistan.

Its an American history that they tackle down anyone who opposes them, in anyway they can. They have the cards to play. The thing happened to Japan once when it was not letting America use its naval ports. America said either accept it or go against us. Japan accepted. It got benefits of it in return and time to build up its forces so next time no one dears to even think about taking over Imperial Japan, and then later on it was the same Japan that kicked Americans out.

Originally posted by blahblah@Jan 23 2006, 10:55 AM
Americans are yet to kill Fiedel Castro, despite of several attempts.

America is ye to catch and trial Slobedan Milosevic, Osama Bin Laden, Aiyman Al Zawahiri and so on.

One should have courage to fight against the mighty.

Like Vietnam did. Like Afgan&#39;s did with USSR.
[post=]Quoted post[/post]​

man they had no right to do that, they needed an aproval first. The most f***** is that our goverment is to scared to do anything about it&#33;

Originally posted by Saad@Jan 23 2006, 09:10 PM
man they had no right to do that, they needed an aproval first. The most f***** is that our goverment is to scared to do anything about it&#33;
[post=5600]Quoted post[/post]​

They are looking for a reason to attack us, If mushy talks shit abuot US or Bush. then we are screwed

Originally posted by blahblah@Jan 24 2006, 07:16 PM

Either Condy or Hilary as a President of US.

Hold on till then.

Webby,

One doesn&#39;t need to nuke US to defeat or threaten them.

US leaders do whatever it takes to keep their nation safe or revenge the attacks.

World has seen this many times.

As far as Pakistan is concerned. An Army General who planned wars like Kargil is ruling. He should be more diplomatic in terms of military issues. Pakistan coulkd have a joint strike with US then there wouldn&#39;t be so much anger.

People of Pakistan are feeling that US is playing with their sovergnity (spelling).

The main root cause of anger is that other than the killings of people.

My personal opinion thoguh
[post=]Quoted post[/post]​

you are under 16?

my estimate:)

Nukes are a detterent they are the soul reason isreal is withdrawing its plans to attack iran "there will be grave consiquences if isreal attacks iran" President Musharaf.

as far as the mahaan US is concerned they act only to find new revenues of growth for their economy.

Oil is a volatile issue and a sudden rise in prices would bring the US of A down to its knees. they can no longer control the sauds like they could before so they have to seek al alternative method to control the oil market (Shah Faisel declares no more oil for US of *** holes for resupplying the isrealis with munition and supplies while at the same time declaring they are nuetral in the 70s war. so he goes after 2 weeks oil is being shut off...within 2 weeks shah faisel gets assasinated and a replacement king declares US is indeed a nuetral country and oil will not stop) holding Iraq (as a client state) would bring safety to the oil dependent US business and US economy.

is a common citizen more deer to the president of USA or the people who pay for his election campeign??? and funds to his party?

USA is a democracy indeed but the votes are only given to the ones with the greeny green.

give me cnn cnbc and cbs for a year supreme control and i will be known as the king of United States of Yahya.

Questions:
How long pakistan is gonna be like that?
How long pakistan has rely on others?
How long Pakistani people are gonna suffer like that?
When the people will learn to respect the rights of others when?

It is time to learn the lesson from China. Where they are right now, where they were in past even they got independence 2 years after Pakistan.

Originally posted by melb4aust@Jan 27 2006, 08:17 AM
Questions:
How long pakistan is gonna be like that?
How long pakistan has rely on others?
How long Pakistani people are gonna suffer like that?
When the people will learn to respect the rights of others when?

[post=5670]Quoted post[/post]​

untill they learn the meaning of sacrifice, understand the meaning of Pakistan, and forget their regional petty difrences...when the boundries of punjab, sind, baloushistan, sarhad, kashmir disolve. we will see pakistan shine. untill then we can see nothing as the others whome are also in pakistan (other muslim countries) need a example to follow. not a disaster as we are now.

Originally posted by Saad@Jan 24 2006, 03:10 AM
[post=5600]Quoted post[/post]​
Saad, you&#39;re right to be upset and believe me I&#39;m to.
But the matter is beyond our control as we heavily depend on US aid/support and Mush has US&#39; backing.

When we dicided to join the US on WoT, we compromised our souvereignity to some extent but it still doesn&#39;t mean that US can come and go whenever they please.
Imho, Pakistan should take one or two Preditors down the next time they violate our airospace, just to make an statement and see what happens.
US needs us on WoT, such an incident won&#39;t turn them against us but the message to the world and certainly Pakistani people will be clear.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom