What's new

Brazil sold arms to Pakistan ?????????????

Black Knight

New Recruit

Reaction score
Brazil sold arms to Pakistan overlooking Indian concerns? A section of Brazilian media has carried reports about a Pakistan Air Force transport aircraft being loaded with missiles and bombs last month at Sao Jose dos Campos airport near Sao Paulo.

If these reports are true, the move will be received by surprise as just last year, Brazil had cancelled a contract to sell anti-radiation missiles - meant to destroy radars - to Pakistan. It was widely believed that the deal was cancelled keeping in mind the Indian concerns.

There is no official confirmation so far on the nature of cargo loaded on the C-130 transport aircraft of the Pakistan Air Force. One report claimed that it was short range air to air missile 1-A Piranha, whose improved version MAA-1B is still under development. Other claim has been that the cargo was unguided bombs based on the US MK Series.

MAR-1+SEAD+Anti+Radiation+Miissiles.jpg

If these reports are true, the move will be received by surprise as just last year, Brazil had cancelled a contract to sell anti-radiation missiles - meant to destroy radars - to Pakistan. It was widely believed that the deal was cancelled keeping in mind the Indian concerns.

Who said the contract is cancelled. It is still on and alive. Check this thread for further details.

Brazil sells missiles to Pakistan.

Check Mark Sien post for the Mar-1 missiles contract.:rolleyes:

Other claim has been that the cargo was unguided bombs based on the US MK Series.

dont we make our own unguided bombs?

Who said the contract is cancelled. It is still on and alive. Check this thread for further details.

Brazil sells missiles to Pakistan.

Check Mark Sien post for the Mar-1 missiles contract.:rolleyes:

must be a mouring day in Indian goverment offices.

in any case its good news but this is strictly business, Bzaril didnt do it out of our love or affection
they simply honoured the deal and we paid for it.

MOD EDIT

Really? .

It is a surprise that Brazil has a well established arms industry specially related to anti aircraft missiles
I thought such technology was within a handful of nations including mainly Western Europe , Russsian and Chinese.
but indeed every day is a school day. specially reference to the Latin America which lives under the shadow of USA

Interesting read here ref Brazil Defence industry
http://www.segurancaedefesa.com/Opportunities_BrzDefMkt.htm

Last edited:
are you a monkey or a mouse my friend?
you got an avatar of a Punjabi in a Turban (a true Asian Tradition) yet you take swipe at the very essence of being a traditionalist...
a Zamindar doesnt bleed the country to death you plonker.. he gives his sweet and blood to the soil to grow food for the country..
a Tribal head is a respected person who, in the absence of conventional law, looks after the interests of the people he heads.. resolves disputes. welcomes travellers, is an inspiration for the youth and a respected elder for everyone who is sought for guidance.

next time don’t talk nonsense my dear.. I call you my dear because I respect your avatar.. this is the symbol of our selfless youth who serve the country by joining army, ploughing the fields and giving colour to our festive celebrations and music.

I have nothing against the call centres but the constant barrage of insults from pee’d off western customers does take its toll and one starts talking like yourself.. by blaming the Zamindar and tribal head hahaha
You better start earning a decent wage my friend, don’t spend too much time here if you want to help your country in bribing other countries not to sell stuff to us.

Look you already wasted 5 minutes of your life reading this post tut tut. :rofl:

3 minutes to be precise and another 2 in answering . i like the humour in the last line :cheers:

must be a mouring day in Indian goverment offices.

MOD EDIT

What is to mourn? PAF anyway have more advanced IR missiles than Pirahnas, like sidewinders from US. This is no game changer at all.

In a way, it is a good news that not to encounter more sidewinders, Piranas/Darters are less lethal than the former.. ;)

i dont think so anti radiation missile deal between pak and brazil is out becoz brazil knows if they dont sell pak arms it will loose its bussiness from industry and india is not only one country

What is to mourn? PAF anyway have more advanced IR missiles than Pirahnas, like sidewinders from US. This is no game changer at all.

In a way, it is a good news that not to encounter more sidewinders, Piranas/Darters are less lethal than the former.. ;)

Read about MAA-1B piranha for which the contract is signed and will be shipped to Pakistan from 2011 onwards, still in development stage, in the league of your R-73 MOD versions (MOD means modern version if you get confused) having slightly better off bore sight capability. For familiarization purpose, Brazil shipped the A version to PAF and this year. MAR-1 ARMS are all 100 delivered by 2009 and already integrated with PAF fighters including JFT.

Google Translate

black knight , plz go through the forum or ask in questions sticky -- before starting a thread-- this info is already here --- instead , now with this misleading topic , people will get confused

3 minutes to be precise and another 2 in answering . i like the humour in the last line :cheers:

I am sorry for derailing the thread.. i have edited the post.. I have nothing against monkies and mice.. they are all mammals like us.

on topic
I am wondering if the new aviation kit of an aircraft (including radars, computer and other avionics) are flexible enough to accommodate any missle.. ?

more like a PC based gadget on aMAC system..

It cannot be unguided bombs.

As far as i know, Brazil already delivered AA missiles.

What we don't know is the status of the Anti-Radiation missiles.

Back
Top Bottom