What's new

Breaking news: 57 Terrorists sent to hell in airstrikes

Dont compare lives with money.
Money will come, but lives will not.[/QUOT and besides that's how these wars are... Asymmetric! But we got to fight them, don't we?

And that's why they call it "Asymmetric war". We are in one.

Chem/Bio weapons are not used on village sized rgets but 'pockets'. Since all civilians are out, they can and should be gased out of there. Effects will deplete before civilians get back. We can't do that though as the entire world would go mad.
As for as i know chemical weapons used against kurds in iraq , were village-sized. Chemical and biological weapons are for large scale genocide, on pockets you can use simple bombs. Biological weapons, would be viruses i guess, meant for genocide. You suggest ruining the lands and properties of tribal pashtuns with chemical and biological weapons?............where is the resolve and nerve of steel?

You worry about the world that it would go mad if Pakistan uses chemical and biological weapons on FATA where few thousands taliban are in dispersed state, .........you are supposed to worry about the degeneration and twisting of your humanity and Conscience. That being said , Pakistan has used every kind of weapon on tribal areas, so why not trying chemical, biological and nuclear weapons on the area?......@Oscar has gone all mad , talking about killing mothers and hunting down families of their "region", suggesting Hitlar's approach against their people, i can understand his way of talking, he is closet anti-pashtun racist......but i didnt expect that you would be talking about biological and chemical weapons.......this is sign of weakness and loss of hope

Whats the point? 20 air strikes only killed 57?
Thats 3 per air strike..
Costing 6-7k USD per hour of flight.
On the other hand terrorists just send a few disposable Tribal animals and they kill dozens at literally a rupee per head.
Come out of your video-game world

Terrorist don't gotta worry about collateral or figure out who not to hit. Not much Intel required from their side, nor much expense. But fighting them off as a government institution, many additional expenses have to be incurred so as to prevent collateral damage.

I don't know why you would even mention the economics of it. The question, "what's the point?", is completely moot.
Collateral damage is also unavoidable in air strikes, unless the area is evacuated.

No. Collateral occurs by chance which is not the same as 'unavoidable'. Intel reduces collateral. Intel costs money. That's why terrorists can conduct attacks at a cheap price because they don't care about collateral.

Not really. Most of the collateral damage results from faulty intelligence where an innocent may be designated as terrorist by mistake or carelessness. Modern weapons should have great accuracy.

In the wake of Peshawar school attack, army launched retaliatory air strikes in Tirah Valley, Khyber agency killing 57 terrorists.

20 strikes were carried out using dynamic targeting as Army chief General Raheel Sharif reviewed operations post Army Public School incident

===================================

We need more,We need more
I am not impressed. Attack was done by A and we are targeting B. Lashkar E Islam, the main group entrenched in Khyber Agency is one of the weakest and most docile militant groups in the region. Its head at times has even been on contradictory terms with the TTP leadership. Also the Jamaat ul ahrar are a threaten, a reaction by Maseed tribesmen on being led by a non mehsud leader. Tribal politics plays a pivotal role in a lot of this.

The real threat is the TTP or Tehreek E Taliban Pakistan of which 60% of its ranks are made up of Maseed tribesmen. What is the center of the Maseed tribe? South Waziristan where we already launched one failed operation in 2009 which failed to bring back Baitullah Mehsud in chains. In fact we have a record of failing to capture militant commanders.

I am so heart broken by this attack I cannot mention it. The militants must be severely punished. Also if there is direct evidence that the militants that conducted the attack on the school were from Khyber the operation should go on. Otherwise we should focus on Waziristan.

Army need to show the dead bodies also, otherwise I will not believe them. They have already kicked out all the Journos from the area and there is no one there to verify what they are stating.

Any pics or videos???... Sorry but I find hard to believe Pakistani Army's word... Hope you don't take it in a wrong way.

Not possible in these types of strikes!

Good work PA. We need more blood.

Any pics or videos???... Sorry but I find hard to believe Pakistani Army's word... Hope you don't take it in a wrong way.

You can seriously f*ck off and get lost if you don't believe the army. Don't get involved in our affairs.

Airstrikes & heli attacks should not stop at all.

Pakistan military needs to review their tactics and leave US's tactics to use religion as tool against other nations in own country as it could be fired back and it happened while that's US who taught Afghans how to use counter religious extremism tool against Pakistan who once with help of same US created this religious bomb of mass destruction.

These strikes are showcase activities and have 1% impact against terrorism and religious extremism. Ideology should be beaten by THE IDEOLOGY not through ammunition and fire power.

As for as i know chemical weapons used against kurds in iraq , were village-sized. Chemical and biological weapons are for large scale genocide, on pockets you can use simple bombs. Biological weapons, would be viruses i guess, meant for genocide. You suggest ruining the lands and properties of tribal pashtuns with chemical and biological weapons?............where is the resolve and nerve of steel?

You worry about the world that it would go mad if Pakistan uses chemical and biological weapons on FATA where few thousands taliban are in dispersed state, .........you are supposed to worry about the degeneration and twisting of your humanity and Conscience. That being said , Pakistan has used every kind of weapon on tribal areas, so why not trying chemical, biological and nuclear weapons on the area?......@Oscar has gone all mad , talking about killing mothers and hunting down families of their "region", suggesting Hitlar's approach against their people, i can understand his way of talking, he is closet anti-pashtun racist......but i didnt expect that you would be talking about biological and chemical weapons.......this is sign of weakness and loss of hope

Things have moved on in Chem/Bio warfare domain, however i must admit that my anger clouds my judgement. All of us want revenge, Badal, Qisas or whatever it is called. These Talis must be crushed, however possible.

Simple solution : go in and dissolve the society there. A society that is worthless anyways and does not produce anything of worth.

1. Kill the terrorists

2. dissolve the families there, take the children and give them to other families for education.

3. relocate the people from there to other places. Each for their own. Break the ties to the land and "culture". Create a positive society.

How do they verify numbers and how do we know there was no collateral damage, afaik journalists are prevented entry.

That reply my friend is like blowing an arse with a grenade. Love that.

Who is asking you to? get the **** of this forum, it is Pakistan Defence Forum you moron

Modi is affiliated to BJP and instead of getting hanged he is made Indian PM!

Called damage assessment. Can be done by UAVs or ground Intel. They would monitor strikes and their effect.

Coalition Support Fund that we receive from US is also subject to clearance from senate's human rights committee. These guys monitor through US Intel to feed back that collateral damage does not take place. I'm not saying we need their clearance but continued availability of fund is an indication that our strikes have been clean mostly.

Back
Top Bottom