What's new

BREAKING NEWS: Benazir Bhutto assassinated

AM

It is time for people to rethink the convenient crutch of 'foreign terrorists' being the bane of Pakistan.

If indeed the foreign terrorists can wreak such havoc and put Pakistan on fire, then would it not suggest that the Pakistan governance machinery has totally collapsed and has given space to anarchy?

Are we to understand that the handful of foreign terrorists can hold the 160 million (is that the population of Pakistan?) of Pakistanis to ransom and none is there to react and throw out or wipe this vermin from the face of Pakistan? Are these people who glibly flaunt the 'foreign terrorist' card for all the malaise suggesting that there is no governance and that the Pakistan military and police are moribund spectators? If so, I think they underestimate Pakistan and Pakistanis and what is more, they have lost their courage to face up to the truth.

Some people within or are forces themselves who are aiming to cause confusion in Pakistan. They must be identified and taken to task. The rot is as much within and it is without and sooner one realises it and tackles it, it is better for Pakistan.

To those who feel that other nations will benefit from the turmoil in Pakistan, belie the thought. It will seriously affect the neighbourhood, if not the world. It has everyone worried about the future. The sombre address of President Bush, instead of his usual bouncy style, should have indicated that this assassination and growing turmoil in Pakistan is not a matter for anyone to rejoice!

Under no circumstances, can the terrorist be allowed to run amok!

her death is not an issue, the issues is the reaction of the PPP party activists. i mean burnin your own country down wont bring her back. whats the fault of the shop keepers and the people traveling in the train ppp activists stopped and burned! this is rubish!

really it is very shocking news for all pakistanis.....

BHUTTO FAMILY.....
Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto===Phansiiii.
Shahnawaz Bhutto===Zeher(Poison) de ker.
Murtaza Bhutto===Firing ker kay.
&
BENAZIR BHUTTO===FIRING AND SUCIDE.....

Karachi burns... again

High alert declared

Friday, December 28, 2007
By M. Zeeshan Azmat

Karachi

As many as 80 vehicles were reportedly torched by angry mobs from Nazimabad to Liaquatabad and Punjab Colony to Korangi region only in a result of riots emerged into the city after the news of Benazir’s assassination sparked in different circles of life late Thursday evening, three pedestrians were injured as a result of aerial firing at Dalmyia whereas four casualties were confirmed by the authorities, till filing of this report.

Many localities of the metropolis witnessed serious law and order situation immediately after the news of Benazir’s assassination was confirmed by the party leaders. The angry mobs marching on almost every thoroughfare pelted stones on vehicular traffic as well as at passers-by, shops and restaurants also became their targets.

The places including Hasan Square, Punjab Colony, Sohrab Goth, Patel Para, and Mehmoodabad No5?, several sectors of Baldia Town, main Sakhi Hassan, North Nazimabad and especially Lyari were tense and continuous firing was reported from the above-mentioned places.

The annoyed crowd also burnt tyres and blocked roads by putting heavy stones in the middle of the roads.

One of the Pakistan Steel Mills bus was reportedly torched by the aggressive people and in another incident people barricaded the M A Jinnah Road, near Quaid’s Mausoleum and then set it ablaze. Massive firing was also reported in front of the office of one of the daily newspapers and television situated at the said place and the staff had to lie on ground.

Another incident was reported from the jurisdiction of Soldier Bazaar Police Station where people torched a public bus. Some reports of trouble near the Saudi Embassy, Zamzama and Sunset Boulevard were also received along with the area outside Park Towers. The whole area was blocked as a result of riots and all shops situated around the place were immediately closed by the people.

her death is not an issue, the issues is the reaction of the PPP party activists. i mean burnin your own country down wont bring her back. whats the fault of the shop keepers and the people traveling in the train ppp activists stopped and burned! this is rubish!

This is imported style of protest. I cannot remember any such behavior in atleast past 20 years of Pak history.
I agree, this is no way of mourning.

Lathi charge is required right now. Emotional citizens need to be taught the rule of law.

Imported style of protest? I think a riot is fairly universal and self-explanitary. It happens when groups of uneducated poor people are suck in regions with high population densities. Add in simmering tension because of some precived injustice and before ya know it, you've got a riot! Sure, an extremly repressive society or government can keep this things from starting (Case 1 Japan, Case 2 North Korea), but they occur naturally. It is kinda hard to import a group of angry young men, they don't fit in shipping containers very well..:smokin:

This is imported style of protest. I cannot remember any such behavior in atleast past 20 years of Pak history.
I agree, this is no way of mourning.

How is it imported?

What is the homegrown method?

They are not mourning. They are going berserk for whatever be their sentimental reason.

The only way to handle is what the Webmaster has said.

Action.

But then, it will all depend upon how charged up these rioters are!

There is no rational behaviour a charged up mob has.

Sarcasm aside, why was BB so stupid about security? If she had no desire to send a message of "I don't Care what you can do. you can't kill an idea, etc" why did she hold open rallies and allow herself to be crowded by people she didn't know? In the US and Europe, what looks like open rallies are not actually open rallies. The crowds are screened and caged, and there is signifact distance between the princible and the crowd except for a few seconds of "Pressing the Flesh" This is for people who often don't have a great deal to worry about (Not very notable presidential canidates, senators and the like). So, after 120 people are killed and she barely makes out with her life, she decides to stick her upper body out of a lightly armored vehical. She ignores warnings from the government about that specific rally. So I have come to the conclusion that she eithe
r
1) Did not care about her personal saftey, or did not place her saftey above the neccisity for political change.
2) Was stupid. (Unlikely with a record like hers at Harvard)
3) Thought she was invincable/was extremly self confident and arrogent (Most likely)
4) Something much more complicated involving assurances and background allinces

So, do polititions in Pakistan usually ignore reasonable security percautions, or was one of the above things going on?

The crowds are screened and caged, and there is signifact distance between the princible

I believe she was killed outside the area she was addressing.

I believe she was killed outside the area she was addressing.

She was killed right by or in the vehicle. She was waving hands to the supporters, and the culprit got close and fired shots on her neck (above the vest) and later blew himself.

Wasn't there and so this the best I could give.

I am sure the secutiry would have been OK within the park.

But then one can't stop traffic or pedestrians outside and so the security was not that strict that should have been there.

That is my surmise and I could be wrong.

As I said, I wasn't there.

I am going by what is being reported in the Pak media and the international media.

Whatever it be, it is unfortunate.

Back
Top Bottom