What's new

Breaking News - China Passes U.S. As World's Biggest Oil Importer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, EAST is ran by Chinese Academy of Sciences (中科院), which despite the word "academy", is not a school at all. It is equivalent to National Science Foundation from US. So no, it is not a university thing. It is a project ran by the highest research institute in China and the funding comes directly from national budget.
EAST is a full reactor and it started initial operation in 2006. Its design objective is the same as ITER (500MW ouptut for 50MW input, 1000 second duration) Though due to delay in ITER, EAST is expected to be fully operational about 10 to 15 years earlier than ITER.

:omghaha:

I had to read it 3 times to actually grasp how many lies it is in such a small space. Only bit of truth in your post is operating time (1000seconds) and the academy explanation.

EAST is rated at 7.5MW, upgraded in 2011 or 2012 to 8MW.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/chinese-defence/196396-chinas-tokamak-makes-great-breakthroughs-controlled-fusion-power.html

Furthermore it is miniscule:

EAST.jpg

Even furthermore, it was upgraded to handle temperatures of 100 million C, 50 million less then ITER and it has a meagre budget of less then 40. million $.

EAST - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In conclusion, stop wasting my time with dirty lies intended to glorify the middle kingdom. Some Pakistanis and Bangladeshi's and non educated Chinese who don't dare to talk back on Weibo out of fear of allegations on stirring dissent will fall for it, us, people in the free world with access to information not so much.

The running joke about fusion is that it is 30 years away and always will be. Demonstrate ignition and net gain first before you brag about who has the better program.

In the meantime, China has plenty of other energy options.

--------------------------------------------------------

China is building the world's first commercial-scale pebble-bed reactor. It's already under construction.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/business/energy-environment/25chinanuke.html

China has several thorium-based reactors under development, including LFTR.

Completion date slips for China’s thorium molten salt reactor - The Weinberg Foundation

China-TMSR-Pushed-to-2020.jpg

China has the largest shale gas reserves in the world.

Shale-gas2.jpg

China is the world's largest producer of electricity.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2232rank.html

China overtook the US in total energy consumption in 2009.

dHlrNyV.png

In conclusion, stop wasting my time with dirty lies intended to glorify the middle kingdom. Some Pakistanis and Bangladeshi's and non educated Chinese who don't dare to talk back on Weibo out of fear of allegations on stirring dissent will fall for it, us, people in the free world with access to information not so much.

Right, please then tell me the current progress of ITER's operation. For example, just recently, EAST achieved 411 seconds of operation with center plasma density of 2×10^19/m^3 at temperature of >20 million degree.
ÍÐÆðÃ÷ÌìµÄ¡°ÈËÔìÌ«Ñô¡±£º¡°¶«·½³¬»·¡±ÔÙ´´Á½ÏîÊÀ½ç¼Í¼¡ª¡ªÊµÏÖ³¬¹ý400ÃëµÄ¸ß²ÎÊýÆ«ÂËÆ÷ºÍ³¤Âö³å¸ßÔ¼ÊøµÈÀë×ÓÌå·Åµç-Öйú¿ÆѧԺ¿Æ¼¼´´ÐÂÄê¶ÈѲչ2013
For those who can't read Chinese, some of the experimental data is shown in graphs.

It is funny that when leveling your accusations, you used the size of the reactor, which I did not comment at all, but for your information. As for stirring dissent, this summer, US NIF also managed to achieve laser based fusion with Q>1. So we have two countries that already have experimental setup that achieved Q>1.
This is ITER right now:
Iter_site.jpg

You see that huge empty court yard? Yes, that is where ITER is supposed to be---8 years after its original operation deadline. Did you wonder why US and China is fed up this kind progress? Don't blame your problems on others people.
As for the budget, yes, EAST didn't spend $17 billion USD just to show a hole in the ground, again, 8 years after it is suppose to be operational.

It is funny that when leveling your accusations
You see that huge empty court yard?
Did you wonder why US and China is fed up this kind progress?
didn't spend $17 billion USD just to show a hole in the ground

Stop crying and spreading disinformation. Delays are due to redesign and financial constraints in the recession period. Even financial constraints of the USA.....

platform_13_09_13_pit_6_ok.jpg

And Q>1? Try Q>10.

Yes, redesigning. BTW, ITER's design was finished by 2001.

Chinese and Americans both achieved Q>1 already, what's ITER's progress?

I was editing, progress is pictured above in my previous post. Along with my ridicule concerning Q>1.

And sources for everything you say please, you already BS'd on a grand scale earlier....

It shows how China is booming!!

In next 30 to 50 years, I see China taking-over Europe and even United States in almost 70% of areas...or may be even more.

Wish Islamic World could learn something from China and West

Says it who abandoned these " Islamic " states, fleeing to the West :lol:

Says it who abandoned these " Islamic " states, fleeing to the West :lol:

No one flee to the West.

PS, Prophet commanded us to seek knowledge even if we have to go to China...but then again, what would an Arab..specially a "Saudi" Arab..would know about Islam, knowledge, and Prophet's commands?

:P

No one flee to the West.

PS, Prophet commanded us to seek knowledge even if we have to go to China...but then again, what would an Arab..specially a "Saudi" Arab..would know about Islam, knowledge, and Prophet's commands?

:P

You racial-profiling tactics will get you nowhere with me :lol: I'm a product of two civilizations!

:lol: Yes, you did flee to the West. Unlike you, ever since I came to this earth I was privileged of being a Saudi and an American at the same time.

A racist guy had the audacity to talk about the prophet! :lol: what a waste...

You racial-profiling tactics will get you nowhere with me :lol: I'm a product of two civilizations!

:lol: Yes, you did flee to the West. Unlike you, ever since I came to this earth I was privileged of being a Saudi and an American at the same time.

A racist guy had the audacity to talk about the prophet! :lol: what a waste...

A product of two civilizations? That doesn't even make sense..

And what did your experience taught you? That to curb people's aspiration by imposing military rule over your fellow Arabs? (Hint: Egypt)...

What a waste...

With you it will never make any sense.

A product of two civilizations? That doesn't even make sense..

And what did your experience taught you? That to curb people's aspiration by imposing military rule over your fellow Arabs? (Hint: Egypt)...

What a waste...

My experience DID teach me that I shall never judge a book by its cover.

My experience DID teach me to denounce racism rather than implementing it.

My experience DID teach me to stop making fairy tales like we imposed this and that on an X or Y nation.

See a pattern?

I was editing, progress is pictured above in my previous post. Along with my ridicule concerning Q>1.

And sources for everything you say please, you already BS'd on a grand scale earlier....

Similar to you, I miss quoted the power output for EAST, now, show me an actual experiments already performed by ITER then? One with a core temperature of 150 million degree Celsius or Q=10.

With you it will never make any sense.

My experience DID teach me that I shall never judge a book by its cover.

My experience DID teach me to denounce racism rather than implementing it.

My experience DID teach me to stop making fairy tales like we imposed this and that on an X or Y nation.

See a pattern?

He lives off Arab, Iranian, Turkish history do make up for the fact that his region was colonized. Best to ignore and accept that your nation is the one giving aid to his.

"Islamic world" is just a term used to steal Turkish, Arab, Persian history by the muslim laggards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom