SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
BRIC to counter US anti-Iran move at UN​

Mirvarzandeh20100922094024763.jpg
Brazilian Foreign Minister Celso Amorim​

Brazil, Russia, India and China (BRIC) are urging the UN to reproach countries that impose unilateral sanctions not approved by the UN Security Council, Brazilian foreign minister says.

“We're beginning to have some political coordination on General Assembly resolutions,” Celso Amorim told Reuters on Tuesday, referring to the coordination among the four nations which make the BRIC group.

“In some cases we're even against multilateral sanctions, so for sure unilateral sanctions aren't welcome because they're outside the UN system,” said Amorim, who is in New York to attend the opening of the UN General Assembly.

He further added that the BRIC members discussed the proposed resolution in a meeting of foreign ministers on Tuesday in New York.

According to Reuters, a resolution in this regard, if approved by the UN General Assembly, could lead to depletion of the legitimacy of additional sanctions imposed by the United States and other Western powers against Iran's nuclear program.

Following the imposition of US-engineered UN Security Council sanctions against the Islamic Republic in June, the United States and the European Union imposed further unilateral sanctions on Tehran over its nuclear program.

Fearing those tensions could escalate into war, Brazil had earlier tried to evade the additional sanctions, intermediating a nuclear fuel swap deal between Iran and Turkey. That agreement was largely ignored by the United States.

Commenting on relations between Brazil and the US, Amorim said relations between the two countries remain good, though they disagree on strategy to prevent Iran's access to nuclear weapons.

"Government relations remain very good, but in some issues we're going to disagree," he concluded.

PressTV - BRIC to counter US anti-Iran move at UN

BRIC to counter US anti-Iran move at UN​

Mirvarzandeh20100922094024763.jpg
Brazilian Foreign Minister Celso Amorim​

Brazil, Russia, India and China (BRIC) are urging the UN to reproach countries that impose unilateral sanctions not approved by the UN Security Council, Brazilian foreign minister says.

“We're beginning to have some political coordination on General Assembly resolutions,” Celso Amorim told Reuters on Tuesday, referring to the coordination among the four nations which make the BRIC group.

“In some cases we're even against multilateral sanctions, so for sure unilateral sanctions aren't welcome because they're outside the UN system,” said Amorim, who is in New York to attend the opening of the UN General Assembly.

He further added that the BRIC members discussed the proposed resolution in a meeting of foreign ministers on Tuesday in New York.

According to Reuters, a resolution in this regard, if approved by the UN General Assembly, could lead to depletion of the legitimacy of additional sanctions imposed by the United States and other Western powers against Iran's nuclear program.

Following the imposition of US-engineered UN Security Council sanctions against the Islamic Republic in June, the United States and the European Union imposed further unilateral sanctions on Tehran over its nuclear program.

Fearing those tensions could escalate into war, Brazil had earlier tried to evade the additional sanctions, intermediating a nuclear fuel swap deal between Iran and Turkey. That agreement was largely ignored by the United States.

Commenting on relations between Brazil and the US, Amorim said relations between the two countries remain good, though they disagree on strategy to prevent Iran's access to nuclear weapons.

"Government relations remain very good, but in some issues we're going to disagree," he concluded.

PressTV - BRIC to counter US anti-Iran move at UN

Good to see BRIC working together on important international issues at last. Personally I think that the trade embargo on Iran is only going to aggravate the situation.

BRIC is one of the most important and powerful organization in world.China and India should shout out their problem,I don't want to see India moving toward USA. But china too should give its priory to BRIC and move away from Pakistan and North Korea like country.China should improve its relation with India,Japan and other East Asian country.China deserve superpower but its not possible with North Korea and Pakistan ,China need powerful country like ASEAN country and BRIC to achieve that status,who can help china to increase its power and respect more in world.I hope BRIC and ASEAN come together..
Today USA is superpower because it has Europe and other west nation with him..Its all about economy...its all about politics...:cheers:

BRIC is one of the most important and powerful organization in world.China and India should shout out their problem,I don't want to see India moving toward USA. But china too should give its priory to BRIC and move away from Pakistan and North Korea like country.China should improve its relation with India,Japan and other East Asian country.China deserve superpower but its not possible with North Korea and Pakistan ,China need powerful country like ASEAN country and BRIC to achieve that status,who can help china to increase its power and respect more in world.I hope BRIC and ASEAN come together..
Today USA is superpower because it has Europe and other west nation with him..Its all about economy...its all about politics...:cheers:

North Korea I can sort of agree but Pakistan I can not.

you know siegecrossbow,Pakistan role in south Asia is same what North Korea play in East Asia.

I think China should look at Turkey. Instant access to ME and Europe. Plus we are the only country that can talk with Iran and the U.S.

Though the U.S. has made it clear they don't much care for what we have to offer. They choose to stick with sanctioning Iran then saying we are open for talks. It is just plain stupid. It is like slapping someone across the face then inviting them to dinner.

BRIC is currently is just a photo session thing.

Look it may be but still its the most powerful,its a start and thats what i am saying that these country need to come together.BRIC can fight for the wright for the developing country..

China hopes for greater cooperation among BRIC states: FM

13523972_11n.jpg

NEW YORK, Sept. 21 (Xinhua) -- Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi on Tuesday expressed hope that the four BRIC countries -- China, India, Russia and Brazil -- will further strengthen coordination and cooperation.
Yang made the appeal as he chaired a meeting of BRIC foreign ministers in New York.

Yang told his BRIC counterparts that the four countries have constantly enhanced their cooperation in a more defined direction and within an increasingly mature mechanism, thus increasing their influences in the international arena.

He hoped that the four countries will further strengthen coordination, build a solid foundation for cooperation and broaden areas of cooperation so as to uphold the common interests of developing countries.

The foreign ministers held discussions over issues including cooperation among emerging market countries, the reform of the international financial architecture and global economic governance as well as international development cooperation.

The meeting was held on the sidelines of the UN high-level meeting on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), which began Monday.

On Tuesday, the Chinese foreign minister also held a bilateral meeting with his Russian counterpart, Sergei Lavrov.

Yang told Lavrov that frequent contacts at high-levels between China and Russia have fully demonstrated the high standard of Sino- Russian strategic partnership of cooperation.

China hopes both sides will further enhance communication and coordination so as to elevate their cooperation in all areas to a new level, Yang said.

Lavrov said that Russia is willing to work with China to deepen cooperation in all areas and strengthen coordination and cooperation on major international and regional issues so as to continue to move forward bilateral relations.

China hopes for greater cooperation among BRIC states: FM

Good news.. positive signs.:cheers:

I think China should look at Turkey. Instant access to ME and Europe. Plus we are the only country that can talk with Iran and the U.S.

Though the U.S. has made it clear they don't much care for what we have to offer. They choose to stick with sanctioning Iran then saying we are open for talks. It is just plain stupid. It is like slapping someone across the face then inviting them to dinner.

If I am not wrong turkey is under consideration to join the BRIC along with South Africa and Mexico...

Great suggestion. Right now the only real hurdle to that is the Xingjiang issue but I'm confident that could be solved in time.

you know siegecrossbow,Pakistan role in south Asia is same what North Korea play in East Asia.

Can't agree with that. The last time I checked Pakistan is still combating terrorism and helping to restore regional stability. Kim Jong Il on the other hand is causing more trouble for himself and for China.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom