What's new

Brig (retd) Ijaz Shah has been appointed as Minister of Interior

RangeMaster

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
IMG_20190418_215353.jpg

ijaz-shah-4f635f26-4d54-4946-ad63-164e5a80fa2-resize-750.jpeg

Brigadier Ijaz Shah is a retired Pakistan Army officer and politician who is a member of the Pakistan's National Assembly from Nankana Sahib and the Federal Minister of Parliamentary Affairs.[1] Shah formerly served as Director-General of Intelligence Bureau of Pakistan from 2004 to 2008.[2]
Shah was a long-term close associate of Pervez Musharraf, and a former Pakistan Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) operator.[3] Shah's tenure as the head of Intelligence Bureau was controversial with accusations of political victimisation and for undermining the judiciary.[4]

IB chief

In 2004, Musharraf's attempt to appoint Ijaz Shah as High Commissioner to Australia was rejected in a highly unusual move by Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs. Instead Musharraf appointed him to head Pakistani Intelligence Bureau on 25 February 2004, transferring his predecessor, Wali Muhammad to Australia.[5]

View attachment 554170

Brigadier Ijaz Shah is a retired Pakistan Army officer and politician who is a member of the Pakistan's National Assembly from Nankana Sahib and the Federal Minister of Parliamentary Affairs.[1] Shah formerly served as Director-General of Intelligence Bureau of Pakistan from 2004 to 2008.[2]
Shah was a long-term close associate of Pervez Musharraf, and a former Pakistan Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) operator.[3] Shah's tenure as the head of Intelligence Bureau was controversial with accusations of political victimisation and for undermining the judiciary.[4]

IB chief
Edit

In 2004, Musharraf's attempt to appoint Ijaz Shah as High Commissioner to Australia was rejected in a highly unusual move by Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs. Instead Musharraf appointed him to head Pakistani Intelligence Bureau on 25 February 2004, transferring his predecessor, Wali Muhammad to Australia.[5]
Good choice for Ministry of Interior - his military background and experience in the Intelligence Bureau & ISI should, theoretically, help implement the NAP.

I read he had links to terrorists in Musharaff era?

ppp will be really happy with his appointment. They got their man to bash PTI moving forward.

being former ISI and IB does not make him eligible anyhow. He's a worm born out of corruption. Musharraf gladly moved his favorite officers to the Agencies without keeping merit in his brain. He's also well known for having ties with LeJ and SSP. God Bless the country! I am IK's supporter but idk what is he doing! Removing Shehryar Afridi from the post is idiotic.

i say he did a good job hiding Bin laden. it took the CIA several years
And the US government, military & intelligence officials have repeatedly stated on the record that they have absolutely no evidence of Pakistani institutions being complicit in hiding OBL, or having any knowledge of his presence in Abottabad.

i say he did a good job hiding Bin laden. it took the CIA several years

Wasn't he actually the leader of Al-CiaDa? You guys made him, handled him and he waged war on every country that hated US. I mean, he sent his terrorists to every country where Murricans needed a justification to engage.

And the US government, military & intelligence officials have repeatedly stated on the record that they have absolutely no evidence of Pakistani institutions being complicit in hiding OBL, or having any knowledge of his presence in Abottabad.

USA executed the whole operation without telling Pakistan. actions speak louder than words

Back
Top Bottom