What's new

British chancellor Rishi Sunak on his last legs?

This Sunak saga is getting interesting. Will surely follow the developments.

Just saw the news Penny is 10 away from 100 which means if she reaches that total it will again go to the conservative membership which is set to vote against Rishi.

Penny will likely come to Bali for G20 summit in November representing Britain.

Penny supporter + Liz Trus supporter + Boris Jhonson supporter vs Rissi Sunak

Simple Math

We are still waiting...........

1666609184631.png

We are still waiting...........

View attachment 888930

If she gets to 100 then it’s game on. If not Sunak takes it all.
However the calls for a general election now, regardless of who wins are massive. Morally it will be hard to avoid and just make labour even stronger.

If she gets to 100 then it’s game on. If not Sunak takes it all.
However the calls for a general election now, regardless of who wins are massive. Morally it will be hard to avoid and just make labour even stronger.

Look like Penny is determined to get that 100 MP votes, 2 hours from now we will see what will happen. This is also why Bojo is quitting, to let his supporters migrate to Penny camp

Conservative will have more chance to win in general election with Penny as their Party leader

Current situation can only be managed well under conservatives economic policy. Under Labor, I bet Britain competitiveness will be much worst. Labor is only good under prosperous economic situation or at least normal economic situation, which is not the case at present

Just do proper economic policy. Economic 101

But I am curious to see how he will put out this dumpster fire (the economic, not the political).

Even God is pondering this
It's unfair to blame Truss for everything. UK's economy is looking at a cliff right now. Bank of England already signaled they intend to raise interest rates. This means the PM will start tightening fiscal policy as well. Whoever becomes the next PM is going to be deeply unpopular with the public.
The economy was ALREADY in a very very tight situation. In fact this was what Boris and Sunak were arguing over and Bojo wanted to go on another spending spree AFTER the govt having BORROWED £500 BILLION for the Covid Furlough.
Truss wanted to give a tax cut of £50000 to every millionaire by borrowing more .
Central Bank rates Rates are being ratchet up COLLECTIVELY by ALL G7 and ALL G20 economies as the concerted action of Quantative easing has ended to deal with the rising inflation. Inflation , which was bound to occur after prolonged quantative easing, is the real danger and the Central banks have the painful tool of raising intertest rates to deal with it.

You are right , whomsoever is PM is going to be deeply unpopular. There is no escaping this.

After Bojo realised no more than 50 conservative MP's wanted him to run out of 360 he withdrew. UK's 10 year and 30 year bond cost dropped in all Asian markets that opened and will fall across the world as other markets open . Pound has gained strength. Interest rate for Britain debt has fallen after Bojo withdrawal. This will make Britain's debt cheaper.

Last edited:
Dear VK he will be PM for just a 'while', probably a short one and that with 175 people, fancy that becoming leader at such a small number that a large wedding would have more people...
You forgot to mention out of 357 Conservative MP's
As to all Pakistani's spitting feathers about how Conservatives MP's are not letting members choose, I wonder which party in Pakistan allows its members to choose their leader.
In the Conservative party for nearly 200 years it's leader was always chosen by their own MP's. Members vote is a very recent innovation and brought Truss. The rules of election are ALWAYS made by the 1922 committee and Sunak is not on it.
The economic disaster facing Britain means they have had to compress the whole procedure.

Just saw the news Penny is 10 away from 100 which means if she reaches that total it will again go to the conservative membership which is set to vote against Rishi.

That is what she CLAIMS Bojo claimed 102 but only 54 actually existed. Penny has 24 so far and Sunak over 180 openly supporting their candidate.

It's better if Penny manages to win this contest. We'll be able to enjoy more episodes of the musical chair game. Most elated will be the Labour party as the more the tories shoots themselves in their feet, the more the labour gains,

My only wish is to see ANY one with south asian ancestry to rule UK in my lifetime. Sajid Saheb will also do. This will give me some sort of satisfaction as a reverse colonization. Also, perhaps they can start facilitating return of some of the looted maals back to the sub-continent (high hopes)..

You forgot to mention out of 357 Conservative MP's
As to all Pakistani's spitting feathers about how Conservatives MP's are not letting members choose, I wonder which party in Pakistan allows its members to choose their leader.
In the Conservative party for nearly 200 years it's leader was always chosen by their own MP's. Members vote is a very recent innovation and brought Truss. The rules of election are ALWAYS made by the 1922 committee and Sunak is not on it.
The economic disaster facing Britain means they have had to compress the whole procedure.

That's still 54% of a small amount of people. You might like a banana republic we don't.
Truss did not bring about the membership vote lol!!!!! Do you even know what you are writing about?
Boris beat Hunt in 2019 in the leadership contest.

Why do you keep going on about Pakistanis?

It's better if Penny manages to win this contest. We'll be able to enjoy more episodes of the musical chair game. Most elated will be the Labour party as the more the tories shoots themselves in their feet, the more the labour gains,

My only wish is to see ANY one with south asian ancestry to rule UK in my lifetime. Sajid Saheb will also do. This will give me some sort of satisfaction as a reverse colonization. Also, perhaps they can start facilitating return of some of the looted maals back to the sub-continent (high hopes)..

Fair play and a good post.
Well he is here now and I guess he will have his turn.

Fair play and a good post.
Well he is here now and I guess he will have his turn.

Going through the comments in the popular UK news sites, it is all but sure that Mr. Sunak, even if he manages to do some miracles, economically i.e., and manages to stay on as PM for the remaining two years, there is no chance in hell that he will be able to get a majority mandate at next election.

The whites are not at all happy to be managed by a brown CEO. This is, of course my personal opinion after going through the somewhat racist comments.

Going through the comments in the popular UK news sites, it is all but sure that Mr. Sunak, even if he manages to do some miracles, economically i.e., and manages to stay on as PM for the remaining two years, there is no chance in hell that he will be able to get a majority mandate at next election.

The whites are not at all happy to be managed by a brown CEO. This is, of course my personal opinion after going through the somewhat racist comments.

Yes the party hates him i.e. grassroots.
Labour will landslide anything now.

They let him forward to let him face the coming loss on the vote, after which, he will be disposed off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom