What's new

Bruce Riedel: Military Aid is bribe to Pakistan Army

@WebMaster
Isn't he is abusing?
1678347213024.gif

Essentially it’s a bribe, some money, some toys here and there to keep Generals happy in their “strategic compulsions”.

Pakistan isn’t the only one, Egyptians, Jordanians, Palestinian authorities in Palestinian, now even Iraqis are getting toothless F-16s, so on and so forth. It’s a foreign policy tool which pays large dividends.

Well, there's a difference between "binding Pakistan" and then actually developing it. I mean what good is keeping it binded if you can't even do a good job at managing and developing.

Pakistan is a pathetic joke in front of the world. I do believe they "bind" it together, but that's literally the bare minimum and not enough.

We are constantly being left behind in the dust.
A lot of the Pakistani posters on this forum are expatriates especially those going negative these days. I must say they have no idea of the reality on ground. They are more like the Indians, they do some selective googling, pick up PTI’s misinformation and reach superficial conclusions and act as if they are experts.

A lot of the Pakistani posters on this forum are expatriates especially those going negative these days. I must say they have no idea of the reality on ground. They are more like the Indians, they do some selective googling, pick up PTI’s misinformation and reach superficial conclusions and act as if they are experts.
I’m one of them. Please tell me the ground realities. I don’t mean to belittle you or mock you. I genuinely want to know.

And you lot, i.e. Indians are the only cheerleaders left for the previously hated Pak Army...I wonder why...
Don't know about "Indians", my views are annoyingly consistent. I am just amused that even the PDF administration is split among political lines. @SQ8

Don't know about "Indians", my views are annoyingly consistent. I am just amused that even the PDF administration is split among political lines. @SQ8

PDF is but a microcosm of the country it represents. Such divisions and rancor are only to be expected, as well as other attributes.

I hate to say it but Pakistan is not a true nation either, it was built on political ideologies that survived somewhat in the past but are increasingly becoming impossible in today's environment.

It's not just about "independence" - it's a dysfunctional country because historical enemies and extremely diverse cultures are clashing.

One of the core aspects of a nation, is having a common culture and language. Pakistan does not even have this. Nor do I believe that it's a full colony, it's just poorly managed and extremely dysfunctional.

The Punjabis are extremely corrupt and without gheerah.

The Balochis in Balochistan don't even want to be with Pakistan.

The Pashtuns are extremist chauvinists.

And the Sindhis are slaves to their fuedals.

My honest evaluation is for the above which points out the faults at the core of Pakistan's foundational problems.
Mixed or composite societies can be source of strength or a weakness.

Composite society are like composite material, if fused together properly they make strong empires but if left ungoverned to rot they will naturally start showing cracks between the laminated surfaces.

US is much more ethnically diverse with all kinda vice in the society but the long bamboo of governance reaches every corner of its territory from port Rico in Atlantic to Hawaii in pacific.

Mixed or composite societies can be source of strength or a weakness.

Composite society are like composite material, if fused together properly they make strong empires but if left ungoverned to rot they will naturally start showing cracks between the laminated surfaces.

US is much more ethnically diverse with all kinda vice in the society but the long bamboo of governance reaches every corner of its territory from port Rico in Atlantic to Hawaii in pacific.
Agreed. But the US' strong central governance paired with a more integrated culturally homogenous population makes it possible. People become assimilated into US culture quite quickly.

The definition of a nation in its most minimalist form has a common culture and language. Does Pakistan meet this definition? The answer to this will give you a reason for one of the several reasons for its instability.

Governance - powerful central government that focuses on effective and consistent growth and development in the right areas.

Social stability - being culturally homogeneous and agreeing on basic fundamentals (religiously homogeneous)

Rule of law - strong implementation of law to prevent crime in all forms and maintain social harmony and productivity in the long-term.

Pakistan pretty much lacks all 3. Until it doesn't address these in a proper and adequate manner, I have not much hope for it and in fact things could possibly escalate to 71 type scenario.

I am an expat and in Pakistan right now. My eyes and ears are working. What you claim is absolutely wrong. The majority of people stand behind PTI.

Back
Top Bottom