What's new

Burka Avenger | Pakistan's Animated Female Superhero | Updates & Episodes.

Pakistani superwoman ;Burka Avenger to fight for girls - The Times of India

130724_wz0r6_burqa_avenger_sn635.jpg

Meet Burka Avenger: a mild- mannered teacher with secret martial arts skills who uses a flowing black burka to hide her identity as she fights local thugs seeking to shut down the girls' school where she works. Sadly, it's a battle Pakistanis are all too familiar with in the real world.

Sounds like the sole perception on the use of burka is reduced to hiding the identity.

Quite precisely the same perception long held in the western world, esp in France.

Way to go Pakistan!

Haroon was from Mars initially then we granted him Pakistani citizenship and he ended up not only good pop singing but also producing this good animated kids movie

He was asking me about the slitty burqa baaji.
@curioususer - it is more like a fitted kaftan, with a bandana type (long) thing on the head. Unlike the kaftan though, the sides through the sleeves are pretty "protected."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hes a pathetic man... i wonder why ur answering his venomous rants?

Just because @Contrarian is easy to pick upon because of his superficial views and stupid comments. I am not answering him, I am taking him to cleaners just for fun. I might end up making some random Indian change his mind too.

Just because @Contrarian is easy to pick upon because of his superficial views and stupid comments. I am not answering him, I am taking him to cleaners just for fun. I might end up making some random Indian change his mind too.

Sir you cant change a man who is filled with venom and hate... just like you cant teach an old dog new tricks.

Hate is making you blind.

I dont think so.

Shalwar Kameez is a dress which has culturally been with Pathans and Baluchis for centuries. Why does it not have anything to do with Pakistan?

Well I guess you learn something new everyday, didnt know that and had to look it up. You are right.

In case you are that hateful of Muslim influence in South Asia, be sure to convince Sikh women to drop the dopatta that they respectfully don during religious observances. Be sure to tell Rajputs that purdah is an evil invention and they best drop it too as part of their traditional culture.

Am I hateful of Muslim influence in SA? No. Do I dislike it? Yes.

The case with Sikhs is different, men and women have to cover their heads when in gurudwaras, its not specifically meant for women, and it is a religious order, not a Muslim influence.

Hindu Rajput women that cover their head are actually pretty rare, maybe 5% of Rajput women in Rajasthan I have seen do that, but yes that is something I am not a big fan of. Why? Because it isnt our culture.

There is nothing particularly outstanding about Indian culture, good or bad. No need to think of it as a unique privilege to be jealously guarded from others. I have nothing against sari, but if facts be considered, it is not important in contemporary Pakistani culture.
We can agree to disagree here.

My problem with the Indian poster was trying to portray India and Pakistan as similar cultural entities. when the ground reality is he is living in the past. Culture was same when the present day present day Pakistanis were Hindus/Sikhs/Buddhists hundreds/thousands/whatever X (amount of years you prefer) ago, not today. Only thing similar today is language. Take that away and difference between and Indian-Ecuadorian and Indian-Pakistan will relatively be the same culturally speaking...

Lastly, areas comprising Pakistan have been Muslim majority for many centuries. We are more secure with our culture and we have no problem with shared cultural values with India. Culture is not God.

I am pretty sure 500 years ago Pakistan was not a muslim majority country. Maybe Balochistan and KPK were muslim majority, but definitely not Sindh and Punjab where most of Pak population resides. Punjab as recently in the 1901 British India census had a Hindu majority (barely at 57% i BELIEVE, but a Hindu majority nonetheless).

Anyways, I am getting sidetracked here. the point I was trying to make still stands, replace my 500 with 1000 years ago, or 2000 years ago.

Some behind the scenes and interviews.

What's with the fake angrezi accent?

what's with some of u guys having problem with each small thing on this animated movie?

now we wudnt like to have movie critics only from our neighbouring country!:tongue:

what's with some of u guys having problem with each small thing on this animated movie?

now we wudnt like to have movie critics only from our neighbouring country!:tongue:

It is a fact that most Pakistanis put on an accent when they speak in English. Most Indians on the other hand are perfectly comfortable with their flat neutral desi sing song cadence. Not being judgmental. Just commenting on what I have observed.

It is a fact that most Pakistanis put on an accent when they speak in English. Most Indians on the other hand are perfectly comfortable with their flat neutral desi sing song cadence. Not being judgmental. Just commenting on what I have observed.

doesnt matter...its not our first lang...so whoever speaks in any way shudnt be any surprise etc

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom