What's new

Buy Gold from Dubai?

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I was wondering what are the Gold prices in Dubai?

We often hear that the gold prices in Dubai are lower than the international market (or western countries) so I wanted to compare Gold (jewelery or Bars) with western markets to know the price difference.

Tried to find it from Google but it didn't help me much. We are hoping to have couple of weddings in our family and relatives within next 2 years so I was thinking may be if the price margin is high, I might visit Dubai for Gold shopping along with my mother

Any help?

anybody?

i thought there are some peoples from Middle east :cry:

Gold prices are universal prices.. It is same across the globe... Only thing that matter in Dubai is purity.... You can get a guaranteed 22K and 24K gold... which is a worried cause in other country especially India...

Gold prices are universal prices.. It is same across the globe... Only thing that matter in Dubai is purity.... You can get a guaranteed 22K and 24K gold... which is a worried cause in other country especially India...
well I know all this but i heard Dubai does not charge taxes that extensively drops its real value and it becomes cheaper for the customers. So I thought why not ask here from PDF members. Who knows if any of you have an answer or better advise to my previous query :P

ahhhh

bump one last time :angry:

somebody help!

22k is available here as well but u have to be really sane if u want to buy from pakistan..frauds common here if u arent good at recognizing the metal plus mixing is common as well..
u want to buy the bricks or the jewellary?if bricks then i dont think therez much difference but for jewellary, the designs n styles in dubai are latest so u can sell them at a higher price in pakistan..that means if u want to buy the same stuff (if u get that here at all) then ll b paying higher..
the second thing is reselling, ie if u want to resell gold jewellery, then metal mixing n other things like pearls arent weighed but the are weighed in cost when u r buying them..so if u want to buy just to save money then go for bricks..

PS..btw bhabhi k liye shopping ho rahe hay??dont forget me in ur wedding guests' list:P am not coming on pdf these days but see don forget my invitation..:lol:

This really depends... Dubai is now filled with brand name shops as well... so when the "designer" tag kicks in, nothing is cheap anymore.

Pakistani chicks still buy gold? I thought they had graduated to white gold and diamonds :D. Gold is bought in kilos by Indians - south Indians to be precise.

The idea is to go to the gold souk (gold bazaar) and check out all the shops one by one, haggle and get the prices down, you might save a ton on the making charges here.

This really depends... Dubai is now filled with brand name shops as well... so when the "designer" tag kicks in, nothing is cheap anymore.

Pakistani chicks still buy gold? I thought they had graduated to white gold and diamonds :D. Gold is bought in kilos by Indians - south Indians to be precise.

no dude pakistani chicks have switched to artificial stuff..see the economy!btw zaki seems to b buying for bhabi ji..

The idea is to go to the gold souk (gold bazaar) and check out all the shops one by one, haggle and get the prices down, you might save a ton on the making charges here.
is that possible to bring down the charges with bargaining?i doubt that coz u get the same price for 22k brick..variation in jewellery isnt much if u r talking abt the gold bazaar..designer stuff is obviously a different case..

22k is available here as well but u have to be really sane if u want to buy from pakistan..frauds common here if u arent good at recognizing the metal plus mixing is common as well..
u want to buy the bricks or the jewellary?if bricks then i dont think therez much difference but for jewellary, the designs n styles in dubai are latest so u can sell them at a higher price in pakistan..that means if u want to buy the same stuff (if u get that here at all) then ll b paying higher..
the second thing is reselling, ie if u want to resell gold jewellery, then metal mixing n other things like pearls arent weighed but the are weighed in cost when u r buying them..so if u want to buy just to save money then go for bricks..

PS..btw bhabhi k liye shopping ho rahe hay??dont forget me in ur wedding guests' list:P am not coming on pdf these days but see don forget my invitation..

The highest carat gold is not recommended as its soft and looks very very pale.

anyway yeh we heard prices at Dubai are lower than the local market besides many people who go on hujj buy tons of gold from Saudi Arabia too as there too gold is cheaper than Pakistan

The highest carat gold is not recommended as its soft and looks very very pale.

22k is the most common form here...btw pales n bronze n dull silver r in vogue;)

anyway yeh we heard prices at Dubai are lower than the local market besides many people who go on hujj buy tons of gold from Saudi Arabia too as there too gold is cheaper than Pakistan
there is a difference but not that much..a few thousands at the most..
the point is u get those designs here after a lag as machines here arent that advance n it takes time to copy them here..

PS..btw bhabhi k liye shopping ho rahe hay??dont forget me in ur wedding guests' list:P am not coming on pdf these days but see don forget my invitation..:lol:
nahi agar mujhe gold bricks pe hi paise kamane hotay then I trade gold online... I don't even have to go to shops to do that - trust me it saves more money this way

I want to buy jewelry as there are number of weddings coming in our family. Ok let me be little more precise... My elder brother, my sister and myself will hopefully get married within next 2 years.

There are at least 3-4 cousins who will also marry within 2 years so couple of weddings coming in my family. Well you are right about the latest designs aur surely it does make a lot of difference but i was wondering if there is any price difference in the gold price itself?. What are the taxes they charge in Pakistan and Dubai?

do you know any gold website Asim? from where i could see the prices of different jewelry?

and what about taxes in Dubai? - i heard that makes huge difference in original price.

Back
Top Bottom