What's new

buying new camera

silent hill

BANNED
Reaction score
hey guys, i wanna buy a good digital slr camera, but my budget is between £200-250 or maybe till £300, the cams are brand specific like canon, nikon, sony... can suggest others cams if slrs dont fall in this range...

is it good idea to buyused cams from amazon, esp if the sellers ratings are good??

For 200-250, you may be able to get old 400/450ds or the 40d.

I am not too comfortable with buying second hand cameras/lenses from unknown sellers on amazon or ebay. I would look for deals with reputed dealers who sell used cameras.

I would first ask you though,
Do you have any prior experience with SLR cameras?
What sort of pictures do you take?

* I have experience only with Canon systems.

For 200-250, you may be able to get old 400/450ds or the 40d.

I am not too comfortable with buying second hand cameras/lenses from unknown sellers on amazon or ebay. I would look for deals with reputed dealers who sell used cameras.

I would first ask you though,
Do you have any prior experience with SLR cameras?
What sort of pictures do you take?

* I have experience only with Canon systems.

no i dont have any prior experience with them

well i like to takes outdoors sightseeing pictures, cities, nature etc while

what i am really interested in is the HD photos quality, good zooming ability, even i would also want good 720p video quality so that i can make HD videos without buying another video camera and great colour contrast.. and thanks for ur reply

can you compare the 500 or 550 ds with 400 or 350 ds, thanks

btw i also live in UK/manchester, can you tell me about some good dealers , from where i can purchase it, i would prefer to buy online..

@Silent Hill

bro first tell us where do you live, so that we can advise you accordingly

I have all three of them. The best Cameras acc to there Image quality,Functionality, battery life,user interface as in order are :

Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot SX20IS 12.1MP Digital Camera with 20x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch Articulating LCD: Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 14.1 MP Digital Camera with 24x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD (Black): Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: Nikon Coolpix L110 12.1MP Digital Camera with 15x Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD (Black): Camera & Photo

In my opinion the best camera is Canon PowerShot SX20 IS. Its a must have it.

canon_sx20_550.jpg

Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Review

Canon Powershot-Sx20-Is Review: Overview

@Nitrogen

Bro look at his budget before suggesting him expensive cameras

Edit: oh my god.... the prices has fallen drastically... sorry carry on

Get the Sony Alpha A330! It's brilliant (I have one)!

can you tell me little more about this product, and also where to buy it... in amazon its 270 used one... is the used one good enuf??

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

@Silent Hill

bro first tell us where do you live, so that we can advise you accordingly

old trafford manchester, but i am visiting london soon, if you can help me out till then, thanks, btw, can you guide me to the price range...

hi nitrogen dude, im visitng karachi pak soon(from UK), so i just wanna ask, if the same cams are cheaper or half prised there, if it is, then i would wait for summers and then ill try to buy from karachi, pak there, thanks

you could have bought it on a boxing day ..!

if you can slightly more to your budget Go for CANON PowerShot SX20 IS.

you could have bought it on a boxing day ..!

if you can slightly more to your budget Go for CANON PowerShot SX20 IS.

yeah i can extend my budget till £300, bt in UK in the boxing day,, prices are same for electronic stuff..

is clearance material good enuf??

hi nitrogen dude, im visitng karachi pak soon(from UK), so i just wanna ask, if the same cams are cheaper or half prised there, if it is, then i would wait for summers and then ill try to buy from karachi, pak there, thanks

Well i bought two of them from here Karachi Sadr.

Youl get a Canon PowerShot SX20 IS (Japanese Made) in 38000-40000Pkr
and Nikon L110 in 26000-28000Pkr
and Panasonnic Lumix DMC-FZ40 isnt available here in Karachi except for the big outlets in Uni Plaza and they charge you more money.I bought lumix DMC-FZ40 through a friend in Malaysia...!

silent hill said:
can you tell me little more about this product, and also where to buy it... in amazon its 270 used one... is the used one good enuf??

It's an entry level DSLR from Sony. Should fulfill all your needs if you're just a hobbyist. It's not for pros though

Here are the specs

http://www.sony.co.in/product/dslr-a330l

I got a new one, but not from India (here price is Rs40k). Got it from the US for ~450 dollars (~300 pounds)

Well i bought two of them from here Karachi Sadr.

Youl get a Canon PowerShot SX20 IS (Japanese Made) in 38000-40000Pkr
and Nikon L110 in 26000-28000Pkr
and Panasonnic Lumix DMC-FZ40 isnt available here in Karachi except for the big outlets in Uni Plaza and they charge you more money.I bought lumix DMC-FZ40 through a friend in Malaysia...!

seems there is no price difference t all..

ou can buy Canon 400D from Ebay but do not buy its lens like scrumpy said... Buy in Mint condition from a trusted seller and it should be OKKK

about lens... i can't say... but try to refrain ebay and amazon

and it also depends what kind of lens you are looking for. I mean how far it must capture whether you are planning to take pictures of a standing person or fast train

Back
Top Bottom