What's new

By Election

As expected you have very limited knowledge about the city. PPP tried their best to change the demographics just before the elections (hulqa bundi) like by adding certain areas of the towns to the others which have no connection with each other. Even in NA 247 (defense/Clifton) area they added kharadar town as well and areas near by to Liyari in a hope to get more votes but they failed miserably on July 25 and gonna fail this Sunday as well.With MQM's dwindling support, I am expecting PTI to even win Local Body elections in 2 years time though for LBC, PTI hardly has any experience in Khi. MQM has deep roots when it comes to LBC so it will be really interesting LB elections in Khi in future. If MQM doesn't do well in LBE, than their end is imminent.
Comparing kharadar with an area as large as Clifton and defence? and mocking me for limited knowledge? you can easily cover whole kharadar by walking just in 20 minutes, can you really dare to cover clifton and defence in that time. You really can claim anything just for point scoring even if their is dire need of reality check. If karachi want something to gain in LBC it should opt for Pti in order to achieve complete support of federal government, its an obvious thing and even my opinion is to give Pti maximum power in karachi and watch what they really able to do. :pop:. Failure with maximum power creates maximum space. I wouldn't opt for any escape road for Pti.

Last edited:
In 2013 it had won by mqm and Pti came 2nd, similarly in 2018 it is won by PPPP and Pti were runner up. again may be you haven't saw the Pti campaign their. They were the obvious favourites to win both the time but they lose.

Here is a brief history of NA-248.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1418806

Not sure where you got that PTI was favorite both times and apart from @PakSword no one was even predicting that PTI will win so many seats in Karachi.

But the real question is why bring NA-248? there is no by-election there

doesn't make any difference even if they join PMLN

Comparing kharadar with an area as large as Clifton and defence? and mocking me for limited knowledge? you can easily cover whole kharadar by walking just in 20 minutes, can you really dare to cover clifton and defence in that time. You really can claim anything just for point scoring even if their is dire need of reality check. If karachi want something to gain in LBC it should opt for Pti in order to achieve complete support of federal government, its an obvious thing and even my opinion is to give Pti maximum power in karachi and watch what they really able to do. :pop:. Failure with maximum power creates maximum space. I wouldn't opt for any escape road for Pti.

Maximum space for who?

Here is a brief history of NA-248.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1418806

Not sure where you got that PTI was favorite both times and apart from @PakSword no one was even predicting that PTI will win so many seats in Karachi.

But the real question is why bring NA-248? there is no by-election there
Good question, what the point i want to make in my whole discussion is , trending change of mind prevails fast among middle class population of karachi as any economic decision affect them most. People living with better living standards have different understandings of state and her matters, they care more for ideologies. Your majority population is still either middle class or are poor. They care less about ideologies but the basic needs of life. Na-248 unlike Na-247 thinks alot when it comes to employment and other basic necessities. thats why you can see close contest in middle class area and that is why. Khan spread lies regarding to giving 10 million jobs and 5k thousand homes just to attract majority middle class population votes.
Maximum space for who?
For other political parties , newer and older it doesn't matter, who satisfy their worries first will be the victor.

Good question, what the point i want to make in my whole discussion is , trending change of mind prevails fast among middle class population of karachi as any economic decision affect them most. People living with better living standards have different understandings of state and her matters, they care more for ideologies. Your majority population is still either middle class or are poor. They care less about ideologies but the basic needs of life. Na-248 unlike Na-247 thinks alot when it comes to employment and other basic necessities. thats why you can see close contest in middle class area and that is why. Khan spread lies regarding to giving 10 million jobs and 5k thousand homes just to attract majority middle class population votes.

Lol so going by your logic if these people actually cared about employment and other basic necessities then why would they vote a party like PPP that has been in power in Sindh for decades? Have they fulfilled any of their promises? Your logic is bullet proof.....not.

Lol so going by your logic if these people actually cared about employment and other basic necessities then why would they vote a party like PPP that has been in power in Sindh for decades? Have they fulfilled any of their promises? Your logic is bullet proof.....not.
PPPP and Mqm have filled most of government institutions with supporters and followers. They earned some benefits. PPPP even offers different schemes of giving rickshaw etc to poors. These parties also exploit ethnic and sectarian worries of different segments and still these are effective to some extent. A middle or poor segment of society have very limited approach towards ideologies. and PPP and MQM have a good experience to exploit their worries. Extreme violence in previous decade had led public away from them but still they know how to exploit them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom