What's new

Call for Beijing to work with Taiwan to reunify in Chinese-style democracy

It's great that PRC has your royalty, but have you asked people in Taiwan when unified? Have you asked other Chinese living in mainland? Let's see what's the best name and to what country we should pledge our royalty.

Loyalty not Royalty.

Well in my own experience, I don't know a single person who has a problem with the name "People's Republic of China".

This is actually the first time I have heard someone wanting a different name (apart from the ROC guys of course). There are a billion different concerns and criticisms, but it is rarely about the name.

The civilization-state is called China, the nation-state is called the People's Republic of China. I don't see any problem there.

(Hell, I actually think it sounds really nice in both Chinese and English, but that's just me. :P)

No. Please do not copy all of Taiwanese style democracy into China. Parliamentary style debate is one of the worse part of democracy. A strong executive is important for Asian style democracy. As for the parliament, there should be better control and rules. We do not see physical conflicts in US congress.

Then why there are still retards who believe these jokers can do a better job to govern a 1.3 billion population China than CPC?

Both KMT and DPP are jokers, they should learn how to follow the rule under CPC, the one country two systems policy is a tremendous gift offered by CPC, they should know how appreciate that. :coffee:

I was talking to a colleague who is from China. He told me that if there is an election in China between CCP or KMT, people would vote for KMT. Is that true?

He is from NingPo, Zhejiang.

He may be right about 5 years ago, but now most Mainlanders are perceiving KMT as incompetent/sellout/losers, CPC will still win a landslide in an election.

But an election for a 1.3 billion population is a waste of money and time for development, it won't happen in China.

Loyalty not Royalty.

Well in my own experience, I don't know a single person who has a problem with the name "People's Republic of China".

This is actually the first time I have heard someone wanting a different name (apart from the ROC guys of course). There are a billion different concerns and criticisms, but it is rarely about the name.

The civilization-state is called China, the nation-state is called the People's Republic of China. I don't see any problem there.

(Hell, I actually think it sounds really nice in both Chinese and English, but that's just me. :P)

The nation of China is still called China. China has no civilization state as its part of East Asian civilization that was founded in China. But as this civilization encompasses several country so unless China conquers all these countries that use chopsticks, adopted Chinese characters and holidays, than the Chinese civilization state do not exist. There is this one nation out there that has regard its civilization as the state and China is certainly not one of them.

CD, or any one else, lets take this discussion into IM.

And the US's answer is NO !, so what can u do now ?? kneeing down and keep begging for mercy in million years more ??

And I'm glad you are not in America. You are a Vietcong who have no balls to sail on a boat to free yourself. Go back to your hole that you dig for yourself.

Then why there are still retards who believe these jokers can do a better job to govern a 1.3 billion population China than CPC?

Both KMT and DPP are jokers, they should learn how to follow the rule under CPC, the one country two systems policy is a tremendous gift offered by CPC, they should know how appreciate that. :coffee:

He may be right about 5 years ago, but now most Mainlanders are perceiving KMT as incompetent/sellout/losers, CPC will still win a landslide in an election.

But an election for a 1.3 billion population is a waste of money and time for development, it won't happen in China.

So why would 5 years ago, people in China would rather vote for KMT. but not any more today?

The nation of China is still called China. China has no civilization state as its part of East Asian civilization that was founded in China. But as this civilization encompasses several country so unless China conquers all these countries that use chopsticks, adopted Chinese characters and holidays, than the Chinese civilization state do not exist. There is this one nation out there that has regard its civilization as the state and China is certainly not one of them.

I don't consider the rest of East Asia to be a part of the Chinese civilization-state. :no:

They are derived from it, but not a part of it. Not for me.

So why would 5 years ago, people in China would rather vote for KMT. but not any more today?

In 5 years ago, CPC was a bit clueless and naive, the corruption was uncontrolled, while ideologically not aggressive.

I've seen a lot of pro-KMT voice in many major online communities, but now everything goes different, since most people still realize that CPC still needs to take in charge for the sake of stability.

While CPC realizes that they have to go back their Maoist root. :coffee:

Haha, you mean ningbo? That is my hometown. China is not ready for democracy now, but at the same time the ccp government has lost trust of the people, which is really worrisome. I don't think your colleague is right since nobody knows how many left leaning and right leaning people in China and we can really only offer our own opinions.

Haha, you mean ningbo? That is my hometown. China is not ready for democracy now, but at the same time the ccp government has lost trust of the people, which is really worrisome. I don't think your colleague is right since nobody knows how many left leaning and right leaning people in China and we can really only offer our own opinions.

It was your KMT government lost people's trust everytime, first in Mainland, now in Taiwan. :coffee:

China is not ready for democracy now, but at the same time the ccp government has lost trust of the people, which is really worrisome.

Not in my experience. :P

I do have one friend who is very anti-CCP, but the vast majority of people I know are either neutral or positive towards them.

Even my non-Chinese friends are quite positive towards them, surprisingly. It's a self-selecting sample of course, since I doubt foreigners would want to live in HK if they are anti-PRC.

I do have one friend who is very anti-CCP, but the vast majority of people I know are either neutral or positive towards them.

Even my non-Chinese friends are quite positive towards them, surprisingly. It's a self-selecting sample of course, since I doubt foreigners would want to live in HK if they are anti-PRC.

Right, the majority of the HKers are neutral/positive towards CPC, but only the media is a bit more on the side of the anti-CPC.

I'm not talking about anti ccp, but trust issue the government is facing now. People now question everything the government does or says even though the government is right. This is really bad for rule of law and will create a lawless state where people take matters in their own hands.

I don't consider the rest of East Asia to be a part of the Chinese civilization-state. :no:

They are derived from it, but not a part of it. Not for me.

But to me, a civilization, such as the Western Civilization, encompasses national boundaries. Since the Chinese civilization is adopted by Japanese, Koreans, and Vietnamese, China share the same civilizations, such as the holidays, culinary style, written scripts, etc. And I don't have a definition of a civilization state as the term civilization is related to culture and state is related to countries with boundary and a central government.

As long as civilization state does not define a country with a capital with a nation boundary and a defense force, its up to each individual to define whatever suites as a civilization. But a national states defines a continuation of government, such as the Chinese dynastic system of government since 221BC. A civilization, on the other hand, is not a country.

Right, the majority of the HKers are neutral/positive towards CPC, but only the media is a bit more on the side of the anti-CPC.

Don't read the Apple Daily, they are worse than Fox News. Pure sensationalist BS, designed to create controversy and sell more newspapers.

I don't think they even believe in what they write themselves.

They will swing to any side as long as it gets them attention, and therefore more newspaper sales.

Don't read the Apple Daily, they are worse than Fox News. Pure sensationalist BS, designed to create controversy and sell more newspapers.

I don't think they even believe in what they write themselves.

They will swing to any side as long as it gets them attention, and therefore more newspaper sales.

Mark Xi Jinping's words, "打铁还须自身硬".

Because the West under of the lead of USA is still technologically superior, that's why they still have stronger softpower, the media of HK and Taiwan is still leaning towards them.

China needs to develop stronger hardpower such as military technology and booming giant economy, then we can have the backbone to develop our own softpower, one day China can turn the table to create more pro-China voice in the world.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom