What's new

Cameron's inflammatory comments against Pakistan: I meant Pakistanis are terrorists..

"We need to work with the government there to shut them down.

"There is action being taken, but we need to see more."

Striking a somewhat molifying tone, Mr Cameron insisted that he had not meant to accuse the president or government, but blamed "people within Pakistan".

Well, he had to say that. The criticism from Pakistan forced him to 'molify his tone'. Now, he has made both parties happy. He catered to the Indian audience well, where economic interests lie, and now he can tell the GoP that his remarks weren't against the government or any institution but against individuals.

Cameron Denies Terror Comments Damaged Relations With Pakistan Government

By Kitty Donaldson - Jul 29, 2010 4:51 AM EDT Thu Jul 29 08:51:50 UTC 2010

U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron denied he had damaged relations with Pakistan after saying the South Asian nation must not be allowed “to promote the export of terror.”

Cameron said his remarks, made yesterday after a speech in Bangalore, India, were aimed at “people within Pakistan” who are responsible for terrorism rather than the government.

“I don’t think it’s overshadowed anything,” Cameron told broadcasters in New Delhi today. “I think it’s important to speak frankly and clearly about these issues. I have always done that in the past and will do so in the future.”

President Asif Ali Zardari will visit Britain next week and “we have very good relations with Pakistan,” he said.

Pakistan yesterday defended its record on fighting terrorism after Cameron said “we cannot tolerate in any sense the idea that this country is allowed to look both ways and is able, in any way, to promote the export of terror, whether to India or whether to Afghanistan or anywhere else in the world.”

“There is no question of Pakistan looking the other way,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Abdul Basit told BBC Radio 4.

Military documents published on the Wikileaks website this week suggested Pakistan’s main intelligence agency, the Inter- Services Intelligence Directorate, secretly aided the Taliban and other militant groups the U.S. is trying to defeat in Afghanistan.

Pakistan has said the 2008 terrorist attack on Mumbai, India’s financial hub, was at least partly planned on its soil and it has begun a secret trial of some members of Lakshar-e- Taiba, formed to fight Indian rule in the disputed territory of Kashmir.

“To be fair to the Pakistan government they have taken action against these groups,” Cameron said today. “We need them to do more and we will support and help them as they do more.”

Cameron Denies Terror Comments Damaged Relations With Pakistan Government - Bloomberg

^^Zardari will prolly get a couple billion out of this. :D

Pak govt. did not mind at all.
what ever cameron said had no influence on our President.

Cameron Denies Terror Comments Damaged Relations With Pakistan Government

By Kitty Donaldson - Jul 29, 2010 4:51 AM EDT Thu Jul 29 08:51:50 UTC 2010

U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron denied he had damaged relations with Pakistan after saying the South Asian nation must not be allowed “to promote the export of terror.”

Cameron said his remarks, made yesterday after a speech in Bangalore, India, were aimed at “people within Pakistan” who are responsible for terrorism rather than the government.

“I don’t think it’s overshadowed anything,” Cameron told broadcasters in New Delhi today. “I think it’s important to speak frankly and clearly about these issues. I have always done that in the past and will do so in the future.”

President Asif Ali Zardari will visit Britain next week and “we have very good relations with Pakistan,” he said.

Pakistan yesterday defended its record on fighting terrorism after Cameron said “we cannot tolerate in any sense the idea that this country is allowed to look both ways and is able, in any way, to promote the export of terror, whether to India or whether to Afghanistan or anywhere else in the world.”

“There is no question of Pakistan looking the other way,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Abdul Basit told BBC Radio 4.

Military documents published on the Wikileaks website this week suggested Pakistan’s main intelligence agency, the Inter- Services Intelligence Directorate, secretly aided the Taliban and other militant groups the U.S. is trying to defeat in Afghanistan.

Pakistan has said the 2008 terrorist attack on Mumbai, India’s financial hub, was at least partly planned on its soil and it has begun a secret trial of some members of Lakshar-e- Taiba, formed to fight Indian rule in the disputed territory of Kashmir.

“To be fair to the Pakistan government they have taken action against these groups,” Cameron said today. “We need them to do more and we will support and help them as they do more.”

Cameron Denies Terror Comments Damaged Relations With Pakistan Government - Bloomberg

^^Zardari will prolly get a couple billion out of this. :D

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Took only one day for 'clarification' to come from the man himself and not any spokesperson. As happy as indians might feel, **** aint gonna change as cameron was clearly doing this to court the indians.

Oh wow, thanks for calling us a terrorist!

Fact is fact, you went to India and sold us out to our enemy. No other way this is seen by Pakistanis. Damn right relations are damaged...

What else is expected from a baigharat gora, wanted to sell his merchandise, in return gave the indian much needed ammo. Hats off to a Fag who cant hold his own ground with out taking pointless aims at some other country, especially the one who have delivered more then any other both in blood, and money.

sorry but this clarification it not good enough for me pakistan is not a punching bag whether he's in india or not cameron needs to be taught some respect for what pakistan has done on wot if zardari has any balls he should stand up for the defence of his country cancel the visit to britain to send a message that we will not tolerate this and relations will be damaged that way next time he will think twice before he runs his mouth.

Last edited:
After 2 long years, I found a politician worst than Zardari! Thanks Asim

His careless remark will be remembered, and will be paid dearly by his own countrymen :pakistan:

sorry but no good enough for me pakistan is not a punching bag whether he's in india or not cameron needs to be taught some respect for what pakistan has done on wot if zardari has any balls he should stand up for the defence of his country cancel the visit to britain to send a message that we will not tolerate this but i doubt he will.
I think a few British diplomats ought to be booted out, in fact. He spoke to us as an enemy, he should be given the same treatment back.

Cameron should be declared Persona non grata along with British Ambassador to Pakistan and MI6 Station Chief in Pakistan.The mere fact that he is saying terrorists are Pakistanis shows how bigoted he is.He is giving nationality to terrorists.He is like ring wing bigots who think all muslim are terrorists.No wonder ISI was furious when US shared ISI intel with british dogs.

sorry but this clarification it not good enough for me pakistan is not a punching bag whether he's in india or not cameron needs to be taught some respect for what pakistan has done on wot if zardari has any balls he should stand up for the defence of his country cancel the visit to britain to send a message that we will not tolerate this and relations will be damaged that way next time he will think twice before he runs his mouth.

musharraf would have struck back. i don't zardari has the inherent cognitive ability too. :disagree:

DC On Pakistan:
He said it was "important to speak frankly" and while Pakistan had "made progress... we need them to do more".

*facepalm*

Back
Top Bottom