What's new

Can Aegis Stop China’s Carrier Killer Missiles?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Indeed, the whole world especially the United States Military has been left stunned how India managed to develop this super duper technology which one can only believe Martians can field.

I strongly believe that India has links with the Martian Race, after all its impossible for humans to come up with technology like SU30MKI, Arjun, LCA, Insaas etc. Indian pilots are capable of sustaining 40G's, no other human in this world can sustain more than 12G but the Indians certainly can.

Thus my conclusion is correct, with the help of the Martians India has became the most superior country and race in the world.

You don't have Idea what Brahmos can do..

when some of your citizen can cripple Navy destroyer USS Cole (DDG 67)of Yemen with few Kg of TNT then imagine about 300kg of CL 20 it will be like 1000 kg of TNT hitting a ship.

INTEL-COGNITIVE-Cole.jpg

I know you are jealious of SU 30MKI Arjun II, LCA, Insaas etc... you missed Tejas....which I am proud of
India has become the first and only country in the world to have a "maneuverable supersonic cruise missile in its inventory

My friend no offence this video si dedicated to you.
YouTube - BRAHMOS MISSILE

Sea-sparrow missiles OOH! ****
I don't know about the navigation package but the speed/lethality/range of this missile don't even come close to that of SunBurn missiles how can they match the (still developing) BrahMos

Sea-sparrow missiles OOH! ****
I don't know about the navigation package but the speed/lethality/range of this missile don't even come close to that of SunBurn missiles how can they match the (still developing) BrahMos

If the missile is inbound, it isn't like the missile has to play catchup. it all has to do with what the angle of approach is. If a hypersonic missile is travelling away then yea it wont matter much. with a mach 4+ speed for ESSM. Sunburn and hypersonic brahmos are only marginally faster.

You don't have Idea what Brahmos can do..

when some of your citizen can cripple Navy destroyer USS Cole (DDG 67)of Yemen with few Kg of TNT then imagine about 300kg of CL 20 it will be like 1000 kg of TNT hitting a ship.

INTEL-COGNITIVE-Cole.jpg
That was a suicide attack.

Trust me! Their is no counter to suicide attacks due to pure unpredictability.

However, US Naval force is very potent and crew well trained to deal with disaster scenarios. Such a sophisticated force is not easy to overcome and defeat.

I would like to cite the case of Operation Praying Mantis here.

Keep in mind that both sides used harpoon missiles in this conflict and still the outcome was one-sided.

Americans understand that key to success is to deny much reaction time to adversaries.

Even if we consider the example of Chinese killer missile; it is still in the testing phase and we do not know what counter measures Americans are planning in response (no offense to my chinese friends here). Read this: Will China's 'carrier killer' missile change U.S. Navy? - SignOnSanDiego.com

It is important to understand what your enemies are capable off and this is what Americans are doing. Hence, the 'concern'.

Key point is that missiles alone cannot do wonders in any naval conflict. Lots of other factors count as well; level of prepardness, planning, surveillance technologies, countermeasures, responses to hostile activities, deployment strategies, reaction times, and moral and training of crews.

Here is one of the American solutions for Brahmos like threats:

2z9039f.png

In the absence of JSTER, Americans have E-2C to detect such targets.

As it is often pointed out; E-2C are like 'eyes' and 'ears' of American Naval forces in open oceanic environments.

I know you are jealious of SU 30MKI Arjun II, LCA, Insaas etc... you missed Tejas....which I am proud of
India has become the first and only country in the world to have a "maneuverable supersonic cruise missile in its inventory
Singh,

Pakistani are not jealous of Indian accomplishments.

The accomplishments of your defence industry are a driving mechanism for ours; Al-Khalid MBT, JF-17 Thunder, Shaheen II, and Babur cruise missile are all examples of indigenous efforts from our side; not denying foreign assistance, which also applies to Indian efforts.

SU 30 MKI is a highly respected weapon among the Pakistani circles. It is Russian though.

Arjun and LCA have to prove their worth yet.

My friend no offence this video si dedicated to you.
YouTube - BRAHMOS MISSILE
Brahmos is an impressive product. Indeed a great asset for Indian Navy.

However, people generally appreciate 'battle proven' things more. Pure human psychology. :)

Last edited:
It's easy to cause the warhead to vibrate unpredictably but maintaining the same translational momentum in order to avoid interception. The speed of movement itself is a challenge: Mach 10+. A network of sattellites, hydrophones, UAV, subs, over the horizon radars, AWAC and even stealth boats can feed data to the missiles.

The missile is only a part of the defense network. terrain hugging JH-7, Su-30, J-11BS carrying anti ship missiles, our 60+ submarines, land launched anti ship cruise missiles, J-20 and J-10 attacking US tankers/AWAC/carrier aircraft and surface combatants from Type 022 Stealth Boats with RCS less than that of ocean waves to large 052 Anti air destroyers all contribute to form one of the strongest sea defenses in the world. This will only get stronger with our own carriers, more nuclear submarines, the mass production of the J-20, and the development of our stealth bomber and stealth strike fighter.

If the missile is inbound, it isn't like the missile has to play catchup. it all has to do with what the angle of approach is. If a hypersonic missile is travelling away then yea it wont matter much. with a mach 4+ speed for ESSM. Sunburn and hypersonic brahmos are only marginally faster.

Faster & agility does matter Thomas!!
Don't you agree that if an error of 1/4th of a second occur the target will be missed by hundreds of meters :what:
...& with an ever-increasing speed of Russian engines this difference will further enlarge

Don't forget CIWS and seaRAM for point defense. Outlying picket ships as well as the carrier carries these in large numbers. And they do work.

While it can be interesting to ponder the hardware used in a Sino-US conflict, the reality is that the countries have strong economic ties, and I'm honestly puzzled by some of the belligerence displayed here. I can think of only one thing that might trigger a conflict, and that is North Korea. I believe Taiwan will eventually (on her own) rejoin China, but for now, the status-quo there is acceptable, and besides, China has no desire to flatten what would eventually become an economic asset.

If North Korea gets frisky, the big question is, will China throw units into the fight?

Don't forget CIWS and seaRAM for point defense. Outlying picket ships as well as the carrier carries these in large numbers. And they do work.

While it can be interesting to ponder the hardware used in a Sino-US conflict, the reality is that the countries have strong economic ties, and I'm honestly puzzled by some of the belligerence displayed here. I can think of only one thing that might trigger a conflict, and that is North Korea. I believe Taiwan will eventually (on her own) rejoin China, but for now, the status-quo there is acceptable, and besides, China has no desire to flatten what would eventually become an economic asset.

If North Korea gets frisky, the big question is, will China throw units into the fight?

Yes, I guess. Not to protect the King, but to make sure nuclear devices not fall in South Korea's hand. Maybe they will destroy all of King's nuclear stuff before the US.

Brahmos is a formidable missile. But I heard US has been developing some extremely high speed cruise missile to attack land or sea targets.

South Korea has the technology to make nukes, as do a large number of nations (like Germany, Japan) who simply choose not to.

North Korea's "nuclear arsenal" probably consists of one or two plutonium bombs, and every test they've conducted so far has failed. Fizzles or a couple of kiloton yield = fail.

South Korea has the technology to make nukes, as do a large number of nations (like Germany, Japan) who simply choose not to.

North Korea's "nuclear arsenal" probably consists of one or two plutonium bombs, and every test they've conducted so far has failed. Fizzles or a couple of kiloton yield = fail.

Yeah, they may have the technology, but have no real one without tests.
They simply choose not to? Well, that's a joke. They are not allowed to.
King's bombs is a threat. That's true.

Yeah, they may have the technology, but have no real one without tests.
They simply choose not to? Well, that's a joke. They are not allowed to.
King's bombs is a threat. That's true.

Are you claiming that if Germany announced that she wanted to create a nuclear arsenal, that we would go to war to prevent it?

Faster & agility does matter Thomas!!
Don't you agree that if an error of 1/4th of a second occur the target will be missed by hundreds of meters :what:
...& with an ever-increasing speed of Russian engines this difference will further enlarge

Do you think a maneuvering anti ship missile moves because it detects an anti missile coming at it? The answer is no it does not. Also did you know that Aegis if it detects a maneuvering missile automatically fires more then one missile to increase hit chance?

Are you claiming that if Germany announced that she wanted to create a nuclear arsenal, that we would go to war to prevent it?

You have so many alternatives other than going to war to prevent that from happening. And even war itself might not be too far-fetched, considering what the powerful Jewish Americans might feel towards a nuclear Germany.

Ha, American style double standard. You only care about your allies. Why threaten Iran with war? You always pretend to be fair and righteous.

Back
Top Bottom