What's new

Can Aegis Stop China’s Carrier Killer Missiles?

Ha, American style double standard. You only care about your allies. Why threaten Iran with war? You always pretend to be fair and righteous.

Don't put words in my mouth. "I" represent myself, no one else.

South Korea has the technology to make nukes, as do a large number of nations (like Germany, Japan) who simply choose not to.

North Korea's "nuclear arsenal" probably consists of one or two plutonium bombs, and every test they've conducted so far has failed. Fizzles or a couple of kiloton yield = fail.

The technology to make fission weapons is not very complicated. It's the reliable delivery systems that are. There's no evidence that Japan or SK have the ability to make the delivery systems, and SK doesn't even make its own machine tools.

The technology to make fission weapons is not very complicated. It's the reliable delivery systems that are. There's no evidence that Japan or SK have the ability to make the delivery systems, and SK doesn't even make its own machine tools.

There is ample evidence that Japan has the ability to make delivery systems. As for rockets:
Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Avionics and engines:
Mitsubishi F-1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They can even make modern jet engines, which is more than China can claim.

Japanese companies and scientists were instrumental in the development of modern fuzzy logic and state-space control systems, in addition, their world-renowned electronics design and manufacturing capability indicates a likely ability to produce terminal guidance systems. In short, your claim is slightly ridiculous. Evidence suggest that Japan has been more than capable of producing delivery systems for nuclear weapons since at least the 70's. If you can accurately put an information gathering satellite into orbit, you can make a ballistic missile.

Last edited:
For reference: China's first successful satellite launch occurred on April 24th 1970, while Japan's first successful satellite launch occurred on Feb 11th 1970. I only bring this up because of the Japan and China are the only real peer competitors in the region after the collapse of the Soviet Union. And previous statements made by below_freezing seem to indicate that He/She/It believes China's delivery methods to be "Reliable" by international standards.

on it's way up, yes
on it's way down, no. the warhead would be traveling too fast for Aegis to respond.

Whats a deal even Brahmos II is a carrier killer...

13179203864b7b7d5061bb5.jpg

Its more acurate and Aegis cannot even detect it.

Its highy maneuverable at sea it can fly just 4 meter above the water and it can hit the Bulls eye(Communication and control tower).

Senior Pls comments is it possible with 300 kg of CL-20’ with real time guidence from RISAT 2

LOL.

I would like to see an Indian plane or warship try to attempt to get within 290 km of a carrier to launch BrahMos.

Somehow, I don't think that's gonna happen.

There is ample evidence that Japan has the ability to make delivery systems. As for rockets:
Avionics and engines:
They can even make modern jet engines, which is more than China can claim.

Japanese companies and scientists were instrumental in the development of modern fuzzy logic and state-space control systems, in addition, their world-renowned electronics design and manufacturing capability indicates a likely ability to produce terminal guidance systems. In short, your claim is slightly ridiculous. Evidence suggest that Japan has been more than capable of producing delivery systems for nuclear weapons since at least the 70's. If you can accurately put an information gathering satellite into orbit, you can make a ballistic missile.

Are you kidding me with the F-1 having "modern jet engines"? The thrust of their turbofans with afterburner is 35.6 kN and the plane was made in the 70's, the Mig-21 engine from the 1960's is 38.74 kN without afterburner. The 2 turbofans dry, combined, produce less thrust than the J-7 engine from 1966.

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Japanese rockets are all LIQUID fueled. This makes them unsuitable for rapid deployment and launch as ballistic missiles, as liquid fueled rockets must be fueled before flight, while solid fuel rockets can be launched any time any where. The technology of solid fuel rockets and liquid fuel rockets is completely different. Having said that, launching the first satellite 2 months behind isn't so bad, when your first launch vehicle is home made while the Japanese imported US components.

I don't know where your fanboyism comes from but try to speak with facts.

If the missile is inbound, it isn't like the missile has to play catchup. it all has to do with what the angle of approach is. If a hypersonic missile is travelling away then yea it wont matter much. with a mach 4+ speed for ESSM. Sunburn and hypersonic brahmos are only marginally faster.
Sir only because of the speed does the USN replaced the Phalanx with Sea Ram!!
I wrote earlier somewhere The key here is speed.

If you have 10 seconds to find and engage a target this is different to having 1 minute to engage a target.

The difference height makes is detection distance and it is also a test of your radar and other detection equipment so close to a large moving surface.
I know BrahMos is under development but its efficiency relies in the running of its scramjet. Enough said one must acknowledge that hitting faster bullet with a slower[~only marginally] bullet is quiet improbable

If you have 10 seconds to find and engage a target this is different to having 1 minute to engage a target.

The difference height makes is detection distance and it is also a test of your radar and other detection equipment so close to a large moving surface.
I know BrahMos is under development but its efficiency relies in the running of its scramjet. Enough said one must acknowledge that hitting faster bullet with a slower[~only marginally] bullet is quiet improbable
That is assuming the bullet is chasing the target, of which the scenario is quite improbable as the defense would prefer a collision intercept. In a collision intercept, even if the collision is at an angle, the combined velocities of both target and interceptor will destroy the target. It does not matter if the interceptor bullet is slower. Now imagine a stream of such bullets whose trajectories are tracked and directed by radar.

The Japanese rockets are all LIQUID fueled. This makes them unsuitable for rapid deployment and launch as ballistic missiles, as liquid fueled rockets must be fueled before flight, while solid fuel rockets can be launched any time any where.
Do you actually do any basic fact finding before shooting off...

Missile Program - Japan
Japan has an active commercial space launch program using several types of solid-fuel rockets, which could provide the basis for a long-range ballistic missile program.

You are confused.

Japan does not have a ballistic missile program because of its Constitution, therefore, it make sense to be highly developed in liquid fuel rocket technology for space programs. That does not mean the Japanese are ignorant or inferior to China in solid fuel technology.

That is assuming the bullet is chasing the target, of which the scenario is quite improbable as the defense would prefer a collision intercept. In a collision intercept, even if the collision is at an angle, the combined velocities of both target and interceptor will destroy the target. It does not matter if the interceptor bullet is slower. Now imagine a stream of such bullets whose trajectories are tracked and directed by radar.
What are you referring at?
Do you mean that to take down a single Brahmos/Yakhont an avalanche of RAM missile will be put on against it??

What are you referring at?
Do you mean that to take down a single Brahmos/Yakhont an avalanche of RAM missile will be put on against it??
About this...

MK 15 Phalanx Close-In Weapons System (CIWS)
Phalanx is a point-defense, total-weapon system consisting of two 20mm gun mounts that provide a terminal defense against incoming air targets.

The gun subsystem employs a gatling gun consisting of a rotating cluster of six barrels. The gatling gun fires a 20mm subcaliber sabot projectile using a heavy-metal (either tungsten or depleted uranium) 15mm penetrator surrounded by a plastic sabot and a light-weight metal pusher. The gatling gun fires 20mm ammunition at either 3,000 or 4,500 rounds-per-minute with a burst length of continuous, 60, or 100 rounds.
This is a typical collision intercept scenario. Collision intercept is the worst kind for an attacker.

About this...

MK 15 Phalanx Close-In Weapons System (CIWS)

This is a typical collision intercept scenario. Collision intercept is the worst kind for an attacker.

:coffee:there appears to be a communication gap b/w you & me!!

Enough said one must acknowledge that hitting faster bullet with a slower[~only marginally] bullet is quiet improbable
I said this sentence categorically not literally. I know about the Phalanx CIWS system very well.
I hav done some maths here it goes.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/1140157-post65.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/1141970-post68.html

I was not talking about Phalanx or Sea-Ram. We were talking about ESSM being specifically designed to take out maneuverable anti ship missiles including hypersonic ones. As well as Aegis defense shield being able to track and manage over 100+ targets in the battle space simultaneously. Not quite sure why you believe it so incredulous in the face of all the public information available. Have you actually read up on Aegis ability?

*it's actually 256 targets simultaneously

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/systems/aegis-core.htm

Aegis Combat System

Aegis Combat System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The US Navy -- Fact File

Last edited by a moderator:
As it stands today the situation on ground is the US and her NATO allies
constitute a very powerful fighting force.

China does not have the capability to take out the US or her NATO allies and live to see another day. US China war is M.A.D.

The only way forward for both the US and China is to continue to live peacefully with each other.:pakistan::usflag::china:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom