What's new

Can China Make Its Cuisine — and Finance — Friendly to Muslims?

I hope the Muslim people could like our delicious Hui cuisine. :smitten:

e069958cd7ef10e0af3e4f.jpg

About the cuisine...I just came back from Sichaun ( A Chinese restaurant in Lahore - My city) - the Shashlik was heavenly, the Prawns were amazing, the Chop suey was great and the Chicken Corn Soup was a stunner ! As for Finance, we in Pakistan, don't really indulge in Islamic finance that much either...its still a growing business and China should explore this Capital Market (Islamic Banking) because its projected to grow quite a lot in the future.

i dont think it will be that easy since chinese are so fond of eating Dog Meat...so, it is not just a question of Pork and beef (for muslims and hindus)....they eat almost everything...so before trying their cusinse, try and understand what makes up their dish! I had a very bad experience in d past..so pls beware, if u r eating real chinese food outside India!

Chinese foods are frickin bland.

no salt..no spice....as a south Indian i need my spices.

An old gf of mine told me once when I said to her that it's not that you don't like a particular countries food its a question of finding the dishes that you like. Chinese make lots of different dishes some I like some I don't. The secret is to find which ones you like

Just remember that the wok at your local favorite Chinese restaurant that stir-fries your chicken also stir-fries pork.

To be honest, there is nothing wrong with pork with today's refrigeration.

Oh, also watch out for Japanese ramen, pork broth and pork meat.

Just remember that the wok at your local favorite Chinese restaurant that stir-fries your chicken also stir-fries pork.

To be honest, there is nothing wrong with pork with today's refrigeration.

Oh, also watch out for Japanese ramen, pork broth and pork meat.

In a strict sense.. you are correct. Any restaurant serving pork should be avoided.

#some of my pure veggie friends go to pure veg restaurants only. Damn.. they ended up spoiling so many parties :(

I hope the Muslim people could like our delicious Hui cuisine. :smitten:

e069958cd7ef10e0af3e4f.jpg

Looks delicious, mouth watering...

Indian and Pakistani cuisine is not bad either, chicken tikka masal also etc.

You guys should also try Turkish cuisine, especially turkish food with aubergine is good. If you are meat lovers you should try out iskender kebab.

If you are a Muslim you go a Chinese restaurant that says Hui or Muslim in front. You also have to find out if the owner is a Hui or not. If he is then you can rest assure the place would not have any pork or pork by products. It is very unlikely a fellow Muslim would cheat a fellow Muslim, and besides pork cost money too.

In New York kosher Chinese restaurant for the Jews are strictly monitored by the rabbi of their faith. A rabbi gets a substantial paycheck for inspections twice a day. He must be the one that turns on the gas in the mornings. No problem though because the menu are almost double the price of regular Chinese restaurants'.

Back
Top Bottom